“Lovely country, pub-style food”

Balgedie Toll Tavern
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kinross
Balgedie Toll Tavern
Ranked #4 of 10 Kinross B&B and Inns
Perth, United Kingdom
“Lovely country, pub-style food”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Went here on Xmas eve and found a nice atmosphere. The staff were attentive and friendly and we didn't have to wait too long for our food or drinks. Considering it was busy I was impressed with the speed and organisation.

The food was lovely. I always have the smokie and it lived up to expectations. Everyone else in my group was happy with their food too.

The Balgedie Toll is a nice country pub, which serves. Traditional range of food.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

After searching online for a restaurant in the area I came across good reviews for the Balgedie Toll Tavern so decided to give it a try. I was a bit worried as I was booking it for my Mum's 60th birthday lunch and I couldn't find a website to see what the menu was. I needn't have worried as there was a great choice of food, big portions and everything was delicious. It has a lovely cosy atmosphere and the staff were very nice and helpful too. We all said we will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed December 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

our intention was to lunch at Loch Leven's Larder, but as they were fully booked we headed up the road and stopped here on the off chance...no disappointments! as soon as we walked through the door the flames of the fire said 'welcome'! the staff were friendly, the soup and paninis were delicious and substantial... our first visit, won't be our last..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We are fairly regulars here andonce again it didn't disappoint. Good food and good beer served by friendly staff. The starters are fairly substantial so don't go mad or the main course will be a struggle. Car parking is always a bit tight though and they could with extending the car park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I visited the Balgedie Toll Tavern on Saturday evening and, despite it being busy and us not having a reservation, the charming member of staff kindly said that if we could perhaps wait for a bit she would get us a table as soon as one was free.
The service both at the bar and at our table was excellent as was the food...all in all a first class experience at a very reasonable price.
Great surroundings, lovely staff and wonderful food ..this may have been our first visit but it most certainly will not be our last...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glenfarg, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

I have been vegetarian for many years and read a review for the Balgeddie Toll where someone raved about the steak pie. I have now eaten steak pie at Balgeddie some 6 times this year!
My wife often has the Smokies and loves them - sadly today she had a number of bones in the fish and eventually had a problem finishing it.
All in all it is a lovely place with great service and would recommend anyone to make the trip

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I ofter pass the Balgedie Toll but until Saturday have never been in.
When deciding on where to go for lunch my wife suggested the Balgedie Toll as we have always noticed it always has people stopping at it when we pass.

Well the decision was great. The welcome and service was only surpassed by the food, although a word of warning - the Haggis balls starter is great but will leave little room for the main course. You know this as you're eating them but you can't help yourself, and I never even ordered them. I went for the mushrooms equally tasty and had finished them when my wife asked for help with the haggis. I knew it was a mistake but couldn't help myself.

The main arrived with me feeling fairly satisfied already. Luckily the rib-eye was fab and I had no trouble finishing it although the one Haggis ball my wife gave me had taken its toll and i couldn't finish the side veg.
All this washed down with an ice cold lemonade tops (pint of lemonade with a dash of larger).

My wife equally enjoyed her meal but if I was to describe her experience as equally as mine I'd need a double the character allowance.

Needless to say I wholeheartedly recommend this place and will returning on many whenever we can.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family