“Nice one!”

Loch Leven Heritage Trail
Ranked #2 of 26 things to do in Kinross
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The full circuit has now been completed and what a worthwhile exercise it has been. The walk is really lovely, well signposted and with no difficult sections to contend with. The views are fantastic and there are plenty opportunities to photograph the wildlife. There are enough pit stops on the way and we had a great biter to eat at the Larder. The trail is eminently suitable for biking and a good line of sight mostly avoids risk of collision.
A great walk for all the family.

1  Thank reelandjig

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The full circuit of the loch has now been completed and it is a most enjoyable walk/ride. My title is due to the fact that we hired two electric bikes and enjoyed a pleasant trip all the way round, with "motorized" help on the wee hill that was near Vane Farm. As there are a number of parking spaces , you can start at a lot of points. Bring a pair of binoculars to really enjoy being at the Loch. Stop off at Vane Farm and enjoy all the information at this great RSPB center

A pleasant walk in all weathers.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Cycled around Loch Leven and had an enjoyable trip - apart from the midges! An excellent opportunity to see wildlife- take photos and stop off for a drink and snack. A very positive experience!

1  Thank misssmiley13
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love how the fact you can now cycle all the way around Loch Leven as the scenery is stunning. A couple of negatives. Firstly they need to get the signage sorted out down at the Boathouse as it is very confusing as to where the path continues. I saw the cyclists dismount and walk signage or words to that effect. I did naughtily continue slowly as there was nobody much about as it was a Thursday morning. That was until a pompous man sitting at the boat house gave me an "Ohy you, get off your bike" to which I felt myself turn into a hormonal teenager and give him a wee hand gesture lol..Only to be stopped slightly further on by another man who asked me kindly to stop and explained that the fishermen might have very expensive equipment or that there could be children around..Uh uh..there are people walking around the heritage trail strangely enough and usually slowing down and using my bell does the trick!

My other criticism is the new double barred gates at the new part of the trail before Vane Farm. Well I am quite a fit person and I struggled with one of the gates trying to get both ends into the appropriate catches...I felt like I was a contestant on the krypton factor. Just saying that for any younger children or frailer older person these gates are very tricky. Couldn't there have been a simpler alternative.

I hope those that are responsible read these reviews and take appropriate action.

2  Thank Holihay
Reviewed 14 May 2014

we rode around the loch on bikes the trail surface is very good but i have to be honest that after setting off from the bistro half way round i was bored, really nothing to see, a lot of the time you are away from the loch side riding between farmers fields

2  Thank mellorman