“Disgusting Service”

Price range: US$9 - US$66
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro offers guests a very warm welcome. Seating downstairs in our contemporary Bistro offers a relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy exquisite food, fine wines, great beers, a snug log fire and our outside terrace. Upstairs is our award winning restaurant which offers the very best quality food which reflects our personality and the ethos of Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro. We strive to deliver affordable, locally sourced seasonal produce, never compromising on style or quality. Our extensive menus are designed to suit every taste and budget, whether you are celebrating a special occasion or fancy a classic British bistro dish, you are sure to enjoy your visit!
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Clearly has no idea on restaurant management, place our order for the meal, seated upstairs waited 25 minutes for starter which was only a cold salad, only brought part of starter, main course was a disaster, arrived and i couldn't get my knife through my tuna it was that raw, my husbands meal came without potatoes, i sent my meal back and waited whilst my husbands dinner went cold waiting for his potatoes and my main didn't come back, total waste of a night out and money, refused to pay for main course. Will not be going again

8  Thank jessika r

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We go to Barnacles often with clients from work and with family. We have never had a bad meal, the food is always really good. The staff are friendly and they have good wine which is always a plus when you have a lovely meal

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank 55businesslady55
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We preordered the seafood platter which comes cold, it was simply amazing. I would recommend Barnacles to anyone who is in landlocked Leicestershire and needs a good seafood meal.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Although we only live 10 minutes away from Barnacles this was our first visit...but won't be our last!

Great varied menu with a strong focus on fish dishes (I believe the restaurant was previously a dedicated fish restaurant) but steaks, pizza's and 'Bistro' style dishes to choose from along with daily specials, great choice of starters...and wonderful deserts!!!!!!

Lovely venue, nice atmosphere, great service...and a wonderful evening had by my wife and I.

Would recommend!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I came here with my partner for a romantic dinner and we were pleasantly surprised. We found the restaurant through TripAdvisor and read the reviews with big hopes for our meal.

The selection of food was great, the special main wasn't available but that didn't matter as there was still lots to choose from. I had a grilled lobster with garlic butter which was absolutely Devine! It was cooked to perfection the only downside was that I wanted another one!

The price was slightly high at £30 for a lobster but it was definitely worth it and they didn't disappoint. When the bill came we were shocked as it was cheap but then realised they hadn't put our bottle of prosecco on the bill, being an honest person I couldn't pay the bill without telling them they were very apologetic and grateful I had mentioned it.

They were very quick to take our drinks order, we hadn't even sat down or seen a menu and they asked what we wanted which was slightly rushed but overall the service was lovely.

Overall, definitely worth a visit if you're in the area and worth a visit even if you're not!

2  Thank CharBryce