We booked one night at this hotel and thank goodness it was brief. Where shall I start. I asked for a top floor room but didn't get one. On entering our room we were greeted by a dirty carpet that looked like it hadn't seen a vacuum in quite some time, crumbs and hairs a plenty, it smelled of food, like fatty beef. The bed had a valance over the bottom of the divan which was beyond filthy and ripped in places. The shower head was leaking and dripping down the side of the bath, it was soaking a well placed towel left on the floor but by now was running along the tiles and leaking into the bedroom soaking the carpet. Around the bath was a black mould that didn't look in the slightest bit attractive. There was no hair dryer. The wallpaper was peeling in places and dirty marks on the walls were in abundance. To be honest we very rarely complain especially if it's a one night stay but we did tell reception that the carpet needed hovering and about the leak in the bathroom. After returning to the room at 11.45pm we found the carpet had been vacuumed and the leak had been thwarted by placing a drier thicker towel on the floor to catch the water! There was a wedding party taking place just outside our bedroom window with music, laughter and shouting loud enough to keep us awake. It just could not get any worse. We have never stayed anywhere quite so awful and if it wasn't for the fact we had a drink in the village we would have driven home.
One the bright side we had a lovely meal at the Windsor Tiffin Indian restaurant in the village. It was superb but that in no way reflects well on Sketchley Grange. I read that there are nice rooms in the newer part of the hotel so maybe if you get one of those you'll be fine but please make sure you check before booking or you could end up as disillusioned as us. The pool area was fine but in no way can make up for the poor state of the room and the lack of sleep. Never to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sketchley Grange is the perfect location to connect with colleagues, family and friends: Situated on the borders of Leicestershire and Warwickshire Minutes away from M69 Less than 10 miles to Leicester and Coventry Less than 30 minutes to Birmingham NEC, Birmingham Airport, East Midlands Airport, Warwick and Stratford. Please be advised during the month of December the hotel will be hosting festive parties and also food service and leisure times will be restricted from the 24th December 2017 until 2nd January 2018, please call our team for more details on this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sketchley Grange Hotel Hinckley
- Sketchley Grange Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Hinckley
- Sketchley Grange Hinckley
- Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa Hinckley, Leicestershire