“Conference venue”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Conference venue”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Everything was ok. The room for our evening meal,Lakeside was characterless, sterile and dull. The beer at the bar took forever to run through clear. The food was ok but uninspiring. My room was ok ,but had ancient bathroom fittings with an off-white plastic toilet seat which was in need of modernising. This is a very y large hotel ,but managed to only have 2 gents toilets, miles from the meeting rooms we were using and at one point one was out of action.So overall it was just ok....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GM Hinckley Isl... H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear John_D61_13

It is disappointing to read that your stay was unsatisfactory to you. I have brought your comments to the attention of the Bars Manager, Maintenance team and our Head Chef so that improvements can be made where possible. We do have toilets located outside of our Paris Suite and outside of our Mayfair/London suite, I can only think that unfortunately the other set of toilets were not pointed out to you whilst one set were being cleaned, I would therefore like to offer my apologises for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tony Hill, Executive General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

My sister in law was staying at the hotel and invited me and the wife to dinner and a chat. Food was ok but very bland, and the bar prices were on the expensive side and having stayed before that day I noticed that standards had slipped overall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Discs

Thank you for your review, I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef who was disappointed to hear that your meal was unsatisfactory to you. We will use your comments to improve on our standards and service.

Nuneaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have just had the most marvellous experience at this hotel and would recommend it highly. It was my special 80th birthday and my family booked a dinner for 28 of us which I can only call superb. The food was excellent (and believe me, we are very fussy about our food), the service was equally so being conducted by 3 young ladies and drinks were reasonable for a hotel. We also booked 4 rooms for guests travelling a long way including Finland. These were excellent also with everything provided e.g toiletries, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities and a very comfortable bed. All in all a very enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: the 4 rooms we booked were all good and no problem with noise. My son and his wife and 3 children w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Trev and Reenie H

I am so happy to hear that your 80th Birthday celebration was rounded of in style and so delighted that my team here at the Hinckley Island Hotel were able to provide you with the service and quality that you so deserve for such a special occasion. It is also lovely to see that my team members upgraded your son and his family to one of executive suites as these are ideal for larger families.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hinckley Island Hotel again in the future, if I can be of any assistance at all please do not hesitate to contact me at hinckelyisland.gm@pumahotels.co.uk.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I chose to stay DDB because there are no other restaurants in the vicinity. Main course I had cod with roast potatoes, onions, parsnip...The vegetables were all rubbery on the outside - making them horrible to eat. And the cod had no taste at all - clearly overcooked.
I then opted for sticky toffee pudding for dessert, thinking that having complained about the main course, the pudding would surely be of a reasonable standard. I was wrong. Again it had been in the microwave far too long.
When I'm visiting Hinckley next, without a doubt I'll be trying the Sketchley Grange.

1 Thank Mark D
GM Hinckley Isl... H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Mark D

I am very disappointed to learn that your food was not to your satisfaction during your recent stay. I have forwarded your comments to our Head Chef so that improvements can be made, where possible.

Should you wish to discuss your stay in more detail please do not hesitate to contact me directly on hinckleyisland.gm@pumahotels.co.uk.

I do hope that in time you will come back and try us again.

Tony Hill, Executive General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Hinckley hotels

Hinckley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Met up with friends using a Groupon deal which was excellent value for money. Hotel interesting/unusual in layout but good bar services with good quality food although slightly limited in dinner options.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John P

It is great to see that you received such good service during your stay and found the hotel of interest to you. I will pass you compliments to the Chef and his team.

Hinckley Island Hotel is part of the puma hotels collection, 21 hotels across the UK ranging from coastal resorts, city centre getaway destinations to country retreats. We often run promotions for all our hotels on Groupon and through other agents. Check our website for further details on all our hotels and available offers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel itself is a fair size. The food was good. The rooms are spacious. I stayed in an Exec room. Nice large comfortable bed. Good size bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities (not topped up next day). Hair dryer was ok but not brilliant and I'm glad I'd brought my own. There was an iron but no ironing board. No safe or fridge.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank GracieD
Dear GracieD

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is great to see that you enjoyed the meals and that your room was to your approval. Your comments regarding the room have been passed to our housekeeping department, so that improvements can be made where possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I cannot believe this is a 4 star hotel I have been here since 11th November and am appalled at the state of the place..
It is in desperate need of a lick of paint, the ceiling in the dining room is smoke yellow and there are clean patches around the loft access.
The first week we had a carvery every night because it was "easier on the kitchen when they were busy".
The loo roll holder was hanging off the wall,
The trouser press along with the mini fridge had been removed,
The lighting in the room was too dull to do any work by,
My associate could not get a shower cap and she had to change rooms 4 times because of a lack of hot water, flooding through the ceiling and the 3rd room being filthy and nothing worked.

The most annoying thing was having to walk along a corridor that stank of cigarette smoke cause Dreams bedrooms were having their annual convention here and some people were smoking in the entrances, management should ensure they do not do this.

If I was paying myself I would refuse to pay

Room Tip: Ensure you have a room away from the rotunda as it can be very noisy
1 Thank TomAOConnor
Dear Mr TomAOConnor

It is very disappointing to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I would welcome the opportunity of discussing your comments in more detail, when it is convenient please contact me at hinckleyisland.gm@pumahotels.co.uk.

In the mean time I have highlighted your comments with all the relevant departments so that improvements can be made, where possible.

I look forward to hearing from you and I do hope that in time you will come back and try us again.

Tony Hill, Executive General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,068 reviews
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe

Been to Jurys Inn Hinckley Island? Share your experiences!