“A cut above the rest”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Ashford, United Kingdom
“A cut above the rest”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is an exceptional venue for business conferences. Plenty of meeting rooms, bars, decent enough restaurant, quiet bedrooms (more than 300 of them) and an attentive staff. I had a very comfortable bed with unusually soft and fluffy pillows which meant a much better nights sleep than I often do when away from home.

My only criticism is that whereas they offer free wifi via a sign- up process, this keeps dropping out so since I had a lot of work to do online (emails etc) I elected to pay for the upgrade (£9 for 3 days). This failed after day one and I spent a long tome on the phone early the following morning talking to a remote help desk who just could not get me reconnected. Consequently I was unable to do the work I was planning on so will have to catch up at home over the weekend. Seems to me like a very old fashioned way of providing connectivity to guests and one which I rarely experience these days. It is the only down side of an otherwise good business venue.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tony H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear ImpBublinky

I am very happy to see that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations. Although very sorry to hear of the WIFI issues you encountered during your stay, I will be bringing this to the attention of our IT department. Hope to see you again soon.

Tony Hill, Executive General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Hinckley
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The Hotel is quite spacious and comfortable. The rooms and facilities are quite good. Parking space is good. The only problem seemed to be the food in the restaurant. The choice was limited, portions were quite small and the food was quite tasteless for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Tony H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Daniela B

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to see that some elements of your stay were not to your satisfaction.

Our spring menu for the bar areas were launched on Monday and our chef is working very hard to update the menu for our restaurant. I do hope that you will come back and try out our new menu once launched in the coming months.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Spacious and modern hotel with good transport links. Very nice room, with two double beds, bathroom was split with wash basin separate, very handy when sharing with a friend. Although the hotel is very large, the areas are well thought out, and everywhere feels comfortable without being too impersonal.

Room Tip: The Executive rooms are lovely
Dear Sheila W

Great to see that your recent stay with us here at the Hinckley Island Hotel was to your satisfaction and that your room was ideal for you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Manchester UK
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently due to work commitments in Hinckley. I assume the hotel relies for most of its business on conference visitors and people such as myself who have work/meetings in the area.

Many hotels do and many of them charge high corporate rates and deliver mediocre accommodation /service safe in the knowledge that the bill is getting paid on the company account.

The Hinckley Island made a refreshing change in this respect. It is conveniently situated just off the motorway and only 10 mins drive from Hinckley. There is plenty of free parking.

The hotel is spacious and well presented giving a welcome feel to the visitor.

I was soon checked in and was very pleased with the standard of my room.

I did have a look at the very interesting Triumph themed bar.

I didnt get the chance to have dinner as i arrived late.

A very good and comfy nights sleep was had and the quality of bed was reminiscent of those found in premier Inns which i always find very comfy.

Breakfast was excellent,very tasty and well presented with great service by the staff.

All in all a very happy customer.

Dear doper

Thank you for your review, it is great when we are able to exceed peoples expectations and looks like we got it right for you, great location, lovely helpful staff, good breakfast, lovely clean room.

We are ideally situated with excellent corporate packages, would be lovely to see you again soon.

East Midlands
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed here as part of large group with an evening function. I used the leisure facilities as I always do when staying in a hotel, however they were busy and very noisy not really a relaxing experience as it should be, spent most of the time sitting in a chair waiting for facilities to become available, good job they had newspapers to browse. Evening function; food was reasonably good buffet style however service was lacking, with not enough staff clearing tables and not enough staff serving sweet causing a long queue, there did not seem to be a management presence keeping an eye on service. The function room itself was cold all night, with a thru draft from two external doors, ended up retiring early to get a hot drink, this did spoil my enjoyment of our evening entertainment. Bedroom was fine, although would benefit from brighter lighting. Breakfast was self service with plenty of choice although not sure what happened with the Danish pastries they didn't taste fresh at all which was surprising given the number of guests taking breakfast.

1 Thank Amaisie
Tony H, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Amaisie

Thank you for your review I was disappointed to read that not all was well on your visit and can only apologise for the lack of efficiency with the service at your function. It appears on this occasion that we did not meet our usual service standards, and appreciate you highlighting the issue.

I was also sorry to note that there were other elements of your stay that you were disappointed with. Please be rest assured that your comments have been shared with the management team and I apologise for any disappointment experienced.

I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again to demonstrate our usual high levels of service.

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed as part of bust conference and after last one at Majestic in Harrogate (also Puma), prepared to be disappointed. However, strange location but ideal for meeting in "centre" of country. Large but felt uncluttered despite numbers. I gather it's been refurbished and very airy feel to it. Lovely executive room and good cafe (which did gluten free!). Main plus though was staff at every level- unfailingly friendly and polite and actually prepared to go out of their way to help- special mention for reception and guest services. They were very busy but still made the extra effort.

Room Tip: Executive room very spacious
1 Thank Billymyb0y
Dear Billymyb0y

It is always a bonus when things turn out better than expected. I am very pleased to see that your stay surpassed your expectations and that our team members were on hand to assist you with your requirements.

Our chef is flexible and very knowledgeable about his products and will adapt any meal as much as possible to ensure that each of our guests can dine with us and it is great that we were able to cater for your dietary needs.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed 19 - 21 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on business - exhibiting at a 2 day conference.

Hotel is deceptatively large with around 21 conference rooms and clearly this is the hotel's main market. Plenty of parking for 600 cars, although I travelled by train.

Check in was easy and fast - there was an issue with our booking and Kerry dealt with it speedily and professionally and during my stay was always very polite and smiling.

I had an executive room on the second floor (room 380) which was very spacious and had 2 double beds and a large bathroom. Room very clean, amenities good and beds comfortable.

The food at this hotel was also very good. The breakfast each morning was plentiful and the variety was endless. Cereals, fruit, pastries, meats/cheeses to full cooked breakfast etc. My colleague and I ate in the Piazza bar both nights and the food was nicely presented, hot and tasty.

As exhibitors at the conference, rather than attendees we were located in the adjacent function room to the conference and where the refreshments were being served. We therefore got a back stage glimpse of how the hotel staff manages the turnaround of setting up and the refreshments and lunches etc. The conference and catering teams all work extremely hard and are all very professional and personable. The system worked like clockwork and I was personally very impressed. This certainly is a venue to be considered if you are looking for venue / conference facilities.

So in summary, very impressed with the hotel, staff and facilities and would certainly not hesitate to stay again should the need be required.

1 Thank Claire W
Dear Claire W

Thank you for an absolutely delightful review of your recent stay at the Hinckley Island Hotel.

We aim to please all our guests and to ensure that their stay is enjoyable, comfortable and above all that they are welcome. I am very proud of our team members, that during your visit they managed to ensure that your stay was everything that you expected, if not more.

We would be delighted to assist you with any future bookings and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Tony Hill, Executive General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,114 reviews
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe

Been to Jurys Inn Hinckley Island? Share your experiences!