Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
£57
2,641 results
All reviews triumph bar leisure facilities the marco pierre white restaurant lovely hotel large hotel executive room swimming pool great facilities christmas party reception staff plenty of parking night stay steam room comfy bed family room bar area evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2024

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is very much hit and miss. I would say if you want to eat then do it before you arrive as again on my last visit I waited over an hour for a salmon dish to be served! When I finally went to get into bed the bed sheets and pillow had marks and hairs over them, it was late so I didn’t complain just found a clean pillowcase and slept on a towel, I reported it to reception the next day and they didn’t seem that interested which was not great!

Room tip: Eat before you arrive and check your room before you get comfortable
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Customer Experience team , Other at Leonardo Hotel and Conference Venue Hinckley Island, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2024

Good Afternoon sophstar10,

Thank you very much for your stay and for taking the time to leave a review, we are glad to know that you found our location to be great.

Meanwhile, we are truly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the cleanliness and service provided. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and we very much hope that you’ll be able to visit again soon so we can have a chance to improve your impressions!

Kind regards
Melisa
Customer Experience Team

Reviewed 11 January 2024

One of my favourite hotels off all time.
Very conference oriented, however it doesn’t get in the way of you are not there for a conference.

The company I work for has an office very near by, so stay at the Leonardo on a regular bases.

The bar has a good selection and the food is decent. Breakfast is incredible.

The gym has a decent amount of equipment in it, and the pool and sauna is always clean.

All of the staff are very friendly but there are two that really stood out on my latest visit.

Chaz - very attentive, and couldn’t do enough for us. Excellent customer service.
And Adam- very happy all of the time. Again, a great example of brilliant customer service.

I look forward to staying again soon.
Keep up the good work 😊🙌

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Customer Experience team , Other at Leonardo Hotel and Conference Venue Hinckley Island, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2024

Dear N3373PSgemmah.

Many thanks for staying recently and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are delighted to hear that the Leonardo Hotel has become one of your favourite hotels, and we sincerely appreciate your loyalty. It's fantastic to know that despite our conference-oriented focus, it hasn't hindered your experience when you're not attending a conference. We aim to create a versatile and accommodating environment for all our guests. Your positive remarks about our bar, food quality, and the incredible breakfast are truly appreciated. We are thrilled to learn that the gym facilities, including the pool and sauna, have met your expectations and are maintained to a high standard.

Moreover, we are pleased to hear about the outstanding service provided by our staff members, Chaz and Adam. We will make sure to pass on your commendations to them. It's heartening to know that their attentiveness and cheerful demeanour enhanced your overall experience. We believe that our team plays a crucial role in creating memorable stays for our guests, and your recognition motivates us to continue delivering exceptional service.

We would love to have you around again in the future when it suits you the most!

Reviewed 10 January 2024 via mobile

I was staying at this hotel due to working locally. On the evenings I used the bar for an evening meal, I found them equally uncomfortable due to the following reasons.

The first night my colleagues main meal arrived before his starter, to which he was then rushed to eat his main, as the starter was ready after chasing it.

The second night I ordered a starter and a main, of which the starter came out quite quickly, although, some what luke warm. I had to ask twice for butter for my bread, at which point I had finished my soup.
My colleague then received his starter about 20 minutes later, which was shortly followed by his main, however his starter was not cleared away. Approximately another 30 minutes later I received my main.
My colleague did not receive his dessert until 1 and a half hours later, after having to ask 3 different people where it was.

At 8pm, four more colleagues joined our group and ordered food. We are working locally and some have had a 13 hour shift, only to still be waiting for food at 10pm at night.
We have to be up for work again at 4am and this just is not acceptable. We asked many times how long food was going to take, but we were unable to be told how long it would be. All we were told was that the kitchen was not taking any more orders.

Whilst I appreciate the hotel and bar area was busy, I am sure the hotel knew, with plenty of notice, there was a conference being held at the location.

It seems very disorganised, and that not very much care and attention is being paid to serving customers in an efficient manor.

During our stay, we have observed friction between two male colleagues, where heated conversations have taken place.

The six of us that have stayed in the hotel have all commented on how poor the bar area is, and if it were not for our company paying the cost of an evening meal, we would have left and gone else where.

There is certainly a lot of work to do here.

Room tip: Avoid bar for food
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Seaside36691253561,

I am very sorry to read that your recent stay didn't meet your expectations. It's our sincerest wish to make our visitors feel at home, in the most comfortable and luxurious way possible, and I can only apologise that the issues you've raised prevented that. Please can you email our customer care team with the full details of where and when you stayed and your booking details so that we can investigate, you can contact us by going to our hotel’s website, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see a button to “Contact Us” there you will then see a section where you can click to “email us”.

I very much hope you'll be able to return to a Leonardo hotel soon and we'll be able to start to improve your journey as a customer.

Reviewed 10 January 2024

Just utterly weird all round..

First up - this hotel is ENORMOUS - it's a conference venue and probably suits large conferences just great when full of delegates - less so on a cold midweek January night when nobody is there. The place is like a deserted cruise ship and, honestly quite creepy. I shared some pics with friends and the amount of people referencing The Shining film was funny.. Anyway, that isn't really a complaint - it is what it is, but if you are planning a stop over on business - rather weird.

Check in was smooth - at first... Given key card and directions to room, asked if I wanted dinner etc. All normal..

At first..

My room was so far away from reception I felt I had walked to a different county... found the room, inserted key, light turned green and door was clearly openable, but was locked or jammed. Odd. Gave it a bit of a shove.. nothing..

Then an angry voice.. someone was in the room..

An exasperated woman in her DRESSING GOWN looking like she had jumped out of shower came to door to say the room was taken - but there I was with the key card and number slip for exactly the same room

Leonardo Hotels - do you realise just HOW INAPPROPRIATE that is an how much worse that could have been had she not deadlocked her door? Quite frankly staggering and you really should have refunded her room for that. No idea if you did.

I trudged the 10 miles back to reception and explained what had happened. Not even a word from receptionist. Just a confused shrug. Gave me another key card for a room even further way. No apology, no acknowlegement, nothing... shame on this hotel. I am still staggered by that.. I slept in my room with dead lock on - you never know who was going to come in!!

The room - comfortable bed, clean bathroom - good. Carpets threadbare, as they are in the halls (in which creepy piped music is always playing to add to the Shining effect in the empty corridors). Main gripe with room was it was either baking hot or freezing cold. No instructions for wall heater that seemed to pump out furnace like heat even at lowest dial setting. I left if off when I went for dinner and came back to freezing room...

Tea and coffee in room, but no biscuits or water..

Bar - interesting - there are two of them. I ordered a drink at the one at front of hotel which was good enough, second drink saw me have to wait for bar staff to stop chatting and giggling over a video one of them had on a phone. Finishing that drink, I noticed the bar was closing. I asked if that was it for the evening (at 5.30pm...) and they explained another bar was opening across the corridor. Why, I have no idea. I popped into that later and it was stuffy and noisy so gave it a miss.

Turns out that second bar was the place you could also get food in one of the two hotel restaurants. I looked at menu and looked a bit limited, plus the noise and stuffiness put me off so I ate in the Marco Pierre White grill also on site (as there was an offer on). That was actually pretty decent, though empty. I wrote a separate review on that.

Not sure what it is about this place. I get the idea they are well geared up in summer conference season with lots of staff when place is packed, but all felt an after thought out of season.

That issue with the key card though - unforgiveable... Not even an apology. I dread to think what would have happened if not deadlocked..

1  Thank Paul M

Dear Pauljmuk,

I am very sorry to read that your recent stay didn't meet your expectations. It's our sincerest wish to make our visitors feel at home, in the most comfortable and luxurious way possible and I can only apologise that the issues you've raised prevented that, please can you email our customer care team with the full details of where and when you stayed and your booking details so that we can investigate, you can contact us by going to our hotel’s website, if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you will see a button to “Contact Us” there you will then see a section where you can click to “email us”.

Reviewed 30 December 2023

1st room allocated was dirty! Lampshade full of dust, pubic hair in shower, corners of bathroom filthy, stains on the walls, carpet not hoovered, thick dust on wardrobe, drink drips running down wall!
2nd room allocated no better!
Manager allocated a 3rd room which was much better but still not the standard you would expect for a four star hotel !

Breakfast was a complete farce, no knife to cut bread! Asked twice they came back with a butter knife said that did not have a carving knife! Eventually after a lot of chaotic behaviour found a small steak knife to cut the bread!
No poached eggs, food appeared to have been cooked a while!
Waiting staff announced thot he had autism and it should be obvious we had to help ourselves when I asked about the service. Then went on to talk about global warming!
Coffee machine dispenses too much coffee for the cups provided so it overflows!

He said the restaurant is like a toby inn! Help yourself! Supposed to be Marco Pierre white! I wonder what his opinion would be if he was a customer!!!!

Leisure facilities on the web site clearly state 6.30am opening but in actual fact it was 8.30am due to Christmas!!!!!!

Manager was very apologetic and responded well to our complaint about the rooms.
She issued a free drinks voucher for the inconvenience but this again was problematic when we visited the bar! Had we read the terms and conditions! Was the question asked! We could only have house gin and tonic NOT lemonade!!!! Crazy!!!!

All in all I will never book this hotel again

Room tip: Check cleanliness of room Don’t bother with restaurant Breakfast is buffet, nice selection but service was shocking!
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Customer Experience team , Other at Leonardo Hotel and Conference Venue Hinckley Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

Good Afternoon helenbP2188ZQ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We are truly sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay and we sincerely apologise for the cleanliness & service inconveniences.

We have forwarded your feedback on to the management team immediately and hope that we can welcome you back again soon to offer you a visit without issues!

Kind regards