34 Windsor St Restaurant & Cocktail Bar
Ranked #13 of 102 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$13 - US$52
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A contemporary restaurant and cocktail bar nestled in the heart of the beautiful village of Burbage, a suburb of Hinckley and Bosworth, 34W is the destination to experience creative modern British food, carefully selected wines, cheeky cocktails and vintage afternoon tea. Enjoy the company of friends, family and loved ones in relaxed, warm and intimate surroundings. 34W caters for everyone especially at the weekend, the perfect venue for a romantic date night, special occasion dinner or relax with the Saturday papers over Chef's homemade breakfast pastries and legendary eggs benedict, treat yourself to lunch or prosecco afternoon tea or simply gather friends and family together for a delicious Sunday lunch. As a venue we can host the smallest to the largest of celebrations and can cater to a wide range of private events & meetings. We have a dedicated events team, state of the art audio and visual facilities and a brigade who will design a bespoke menu around your personal preferences and seasonal ingredients that will match the mood of any occasion.
Midlands
“Okay”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Bit disappointed. Have been for afternoon tea and dinner. Afternoon tea was lovely, really good and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it. However, dinner was a different matter and would not recommend. The only decent wine for me and my friend was almost £9.00 for a glass each but it was lovely. The bread starter was stodgy and undercooked. My starter of scallops were lovely, but the mackerel was not too good and undercooked. The main course of pork and fish were lovely but the extra side dishes were poor, small and expensive. The deserts were a real disappointment, the doughuts were two 2p size doughnuts with a large lump of jelly, not nice and the crumble was not appetising. All in all very expensive. There were only three couples in the restaurant, the manager was there (Zeffy) she did not come over, introduce herself etc, instead seemed intrigued by the till. Other couples received complimentary chocolates, we didn't. All in all it could be lovely, the ambience is lovely but they seem to be trying a little too hard. The portions are small, I am pretty small and ate everything, anyone with a large appetite would not be full in anyway. The Black Horse in n Market Bosworth or the Hercules in Sutton cheney is far better. A shame as I had high hopes. I received an email from the restaurant to give feed back and hence held back in reviewing on here, but I received no response.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lorraine765

“Evening Meals”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Have now visited this venue 5 times since it opened. For myself I have enjoyed every meal. My wife did not like one of the starters - the chefs interpretation of a quiche dish - but otherwise she has been happy. At the moment the smoked mackerel starter is a surprise - nice. I did not have a starter this evening but the main course was interesting and very nice. The pear jelly dessert was yet again another surprise - nice nice nice.
In general the portions seem small but by the time I have gone through 3 courses I am satisfied.
I have heard various reports - expensive -portions too small - don't like menu etc. but based on my experience at this restaurant I must say I like it.
Fine dining in Burbage.

“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

7 of us went here for afternoon tea, we were welcomed and shown to our beautifully laid out table. The restaurant has been decorated to a very high standard it looks amazing. We were given the list of different teas available which were brought in lovely personal little tea pots. Then three cake stands were brought out with sandwiches, scones an a selection of other cakes.
Everything I tried was lovely there was so much we managed to fill 2 boxes to take home.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and even though we stayed nearly 2 and a half hours we weren't made to feel rushed.
Thank you for a lovely afternoon, will be coming back to try evening menu.

2 Thank VickiW22
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic birthday lunch”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Myself and 3 work friends dined at 34 on Tuesday and had a beautiful meal ! We couldn't honestly fault the portion sizes , quality , taste and overall experience !
Loved the new set lunch menu which gives great value for money and the opportunity to taste new foods
34 treated us to some complimentary chocolates after our main course which were fantastic and went down very nicely with our cocktails :)

My advice to everyone would be to actually go and try this fab restaurant for yourself

1 Thank GemLS2013
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Overpriced, The right idea just not well implemented”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Went the other week on a midweek evening.
First impressions visually were good, but table was wobbly.

Starters were a bit lackluster.
Mains, took 3 attempts to get one of our guests meals correct - not good.
Staff also seemed a bit under-trained with the knowledge of their drinks/wine lists.

This is a short and sweet review; 34 Windsor St have the right idea in terms of presentation of food, fine cuisine idea but it really does need refining. I think locally, Nuneaton and surrounding boroughs is missing another restaurant such as Ashfields, Hercules and San Giovanni's.

The sides were extremely minimal in size, 1 between 2 is really not enough.

Thought it was expensive for what it is, we shall return but hope things will be addressed next time.

5 Thank chriscF7716YU