“Almost 5 stars”

Ranked #12 of 102 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$13 - US$51
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A contemporary restaurant and cocktail bar nestled in the heart of the beautiful village of Burbage, a suburb of Hinckley and Bosworth, 34W is the destination to experience creative modern British food, carefully selected wines, cheeky cocktails and vintage afternoon tea. Enjoy the company of friends, family and loved ones in relaxed, warm and intimate surroundings. 34W caters for everyone especially at the weekend, the perfect venue for a romantic date night, special occasion dinner or relax with the Saturday papers over Chef's homemade breakfast pastries and legendary eggs benedict, treat yourself to lunch or prosecco afternoon tea or simply gather friends and family together for a delicious Sunday lunch. As a venue we can host the smallest to the largest of celebrations and can cater to a wide range of private events & meetings. We have a dedicated events team, state of the art audio and visual facilities and a brigade who will design a bespoke menu around your personal preferences and seasonal ingredients that will match the mood of any occasion.
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Almost 5 stars”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was a repeat visit to 34 Windsor St. As always the menu was inventive and a little quirky, and the service was friendly but attentive. My own meal was excellent and on its own would have scored 5 stars. The pate starter was delicious, the filet steak main was melt in the mouth tender, and the cheese board was excellent. As example of the service, two of our party asked for a taxi to be called, they were in no hurry but the taxi did take longer than expected, however before we had time to mention this one of the staff came over to apologise and to say they had chased up the taxi for us. So why the reduction to 4 stars? Two things brought the score down: firstly my wife and another of our party both ordered the crab mousse starter and neither finished it, my wife described it as having the consistency of tinned cat food, secondly having already added 10% to our bill for being a party of 6 or more, no change was returned when we paid. Despite these niggles it was an enjoyable evening and we would definitely go again.

Visited June 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Delightful surprise in Leicestershire”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm not normally driven to write reviews, I eat out a great deal and simply don't have the time. However in this instance I feel this restaurant has suffered somewhat from the TripAdvisor syndrome of some poor early reviews given when it first opened over a year ago, which may mean that people are overlooking it now and seriously missing out.

I travelled from London for a birthday dinner, and my dining partner is from Leicestershire, but neither of us had eaten here before. The restaurant is an elegantly converted pub with attractive comfortable décor in a pleasant village, and has its own car park. The staff were uniformly charming and well-trained, service was attentive but unobtrusive. There is a short but reasonably comprehensive wine list, which I was told is due to be upgraded further after the restaurant's summer recess in July. We tried the South African Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay, both reasonably priced and good quality, though both would have benefited from being more chilled on such a hot day.

A delicious amuse bouche of melt in the mouth pork bon bons with a carrot mousse was quirkily presented in little glass jars to start, and I then enjoyed a very competent duck liver parfait with cherry gel, dusted with dark chocolate, a lovely flavour combination. My partner chose the scallops which arrived in a fresh cucumber-inspired warm 'soup'. They were delicious, but we felt should have been left whole rather than cut.

My partner went on to have the sea trout with langoustine main course which was presented so appetisingly I was obliged to steal a few tasty mouthfuls :) I'd chosen a vegetarian main course, the mushroom ragout, as I only wanted a light meal, and it was wonderfully flavoursome with truly 'meaty' mushrooms. We shared the coconut 'bounty' iced dessert and the kitchen had added a sweet personal touch, a happy birthday design in the rich dark chocolate sauce.

Very few criticisms in truth, and all very minor. I would have served the bread warm, and would like to see more choice of (reasonably-priced) rich full-bodied whites on the wine list when it is refreshed. Will definitely eat here again, and with a final bill before service of £93 which included 2 bottles of wine, it doesn't break the bank either. Bravo No.34.

Armitage, United Kingdom
“Perfect for Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We came here as a party of five for afternoon tea and weren't disappointed. Chilled Prosecco, beautiful tea cups and cake stands piled high with sandwiches and cakes with butter and jam in little jars. The spread was lovely and just the right amount - the sandwiches were all delicious and the cakes very light - it really felt special. The service couldn't be faulted right down to little touches like the staff being in uniform and offering to take pictures for parties when people got their camera phones out. They also talked you through each of the sandwiches and cakes so you knew what you were eating. Would definitely go back here for a special occasion.

1 Thank Helen S
Hinckley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunch”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Tried the Saturday brunch at 34 today and have to say was very impressed, from the excellent capaccino served on the terrace then a more than generous glass of prosecco, followed by an array of warm pastries and breads and then onto the main breakfast of which there was an excellent choice. All of this was served by professional and extremely friendly and attentive young male staff who have obviously been trained to a superior standard, which I have to say is a very rare thing unfortunately these days.

All in all with the company I was with a very pleasurable experience one of which I would happily repeat. Having always had our girly brunch at the Black Horse in Market Bosworth I think we will be definately be sharing our time between the two venues.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding anniversary”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just spent another great evening at 34. Food and service great thank you to the staff for making it a nice evening for us.

• Visited April 2014