“A great find!”

Ranked #18 of 106 Restaurants in Hinckley
Price range: US$13 - US$54
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A contemporary restaurant and cocktail bar nestled in the heart of the beautiful village of Burbage, a suburb of Hinckley and Bosworth, 34W is the destination to experience creative modern British food, carefully selected wines, cheeky cocktails and vintage afternoon tea. Enjoy the company of friends, family and loved ones in relaxed, warm and intimate surroundings. 34W caters for everyone especially at the weekend, the perfect venue for a romantic date night, special occasion dinner or relax with the Saturday papers over Chef's homemade breakfast pastries and legendary eggs benedict, treat yourself to lunch or prosecco afternoon tea or simply gather friends and family together for a delicious Sunday lunch. As a venue we can host the smallest to the largest of celebrations and can cater to a wide range of private events & meetings. We have a dedicated events team, state of the art audio and visual facilities and a brigade who will design a bespoke menu around your personal preferences and seasonal ingredients that will match the mood of any occasion.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Always looking for new and quality 'eateries' and 34 W didn't disappoint. Staff attentive, food excellent and very well presented. Food combinations innovative, but certainly worked well. A clever and competent chef, and one of the reasons we will be returning to 34 W.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visited this restaurant with some apprehension having visited previously when it first opened and being very disappointed. We couldn't be more wrong it was amazing. The staff were great and the food out of this world. I have never tasted duck like it! The venison was just as good and the knickerbocker glory and bounty pud was just lovely. Wow, the only
coal restaurant any where near is the black horse in bosworth but even that doesn't get close. We'll done to you all you have got there

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Service and ambience were fantastic, food was gorgeous and extremely good value for the quality, flavour and presentation.
Would highly recommend 34 Windsor Street to anyone looking for a decent restaurant in the midlands.
Cannot wait to return on our next special occasion! Absolute hidden gem :)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a repeat visit to 34 Windsor St. As always the menu was inventive and a little quirky, and the service was friendly but attentive. My own meal was excellent and on its own would have scored 5 stars. The pate starter was delicious, the filet steak main was melt in the mouth tender, and the cheese board was excellent. As example of the service, two of our party asked for a taxi to be called, they were in no hurry but the taxi did take longer than expected, however before we had time to mention this one of the staff came over to apologise and to say they had chased up the taxi for us. So why the reduction to 4 stars? Two things brought the score down: firstly my wife and another of our party both ordered the crab mousse starter and neither finished it, my wife described it as having the consistency of tinned cat food, secondly having already added 10% to our bill for being a party of 6 or more, no change was returned when we paid. Despite these niggles it was an enjoyable evening and we would definitely go again.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm not normally driven to write reviews, I eat out a great deal and simply don't have the time. However in this instance I feel this restaurant has suffered somewhat from the TripAdvisor syndrome of some poor early reviews given when it first opened over a year ago, which may mean that people are overlooking it now and seriously missing out.

I travelled from London for a birthday dinner, and my dining partner is from Leicestershire, but neither of us had eaten here before. The restaurant is an elegantly converted pub with attractive comfortable décor in a pleasant village, and has its own car park. The staff were uniformly charming and well-trained, service was attentive but unobtrusive. There is a short but reasonably comprehensive wine list, which I was told is due to be upgraded further after the restaurant's summer recess in July. We tried the South African Chenin Blanc and Chardonnay, both reasonably priced and good quality, though both would have benefited from being more chilled on such a hot day.

A delicious amuse bouche of melt in the mouth pork bon bons with a carrot mousse was quirkily presented in little glass jars to start, and I then enjoyed a very competent duck liver parfait with cherry gel, dusted with dark chocolate, a lovely flavour combination. My partner chose the scallops which arrived in a fresh cucumber-inspired warm 'soup'. They were delicious, but we felt should have been left whole rather than cut.

My partner went on to have the sea trout with langoustine main course which was presented so appetisingly I was obliged to steal a few tasty mouthfuls :) I'd chosen a vegetarian main course, the mushroom ragout, as I only wanted a light meal, and it was wonderfully flavoursome with truly 'meaty' mushrooms. We shared the coconut 'bounty' iced dessert and the kitchen had added a sweet personal touch, a happy birthday design in the rich dark chocolate sauce.

Very few criticisms in truth, and all very minor. I would have served the bread warm, and would like to see more choice of (reasonably-priced) rich full-bodied whites on the wine list when it is refreshed. Will definitely eat here again, and with a final bill before service of £93 which included 2 bottles of wine, it doesn't break the bank either. Bravo No.34.