“A great find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zenz Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 134 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“A great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Having lived in the area for over 5 years, this was just one of those places I had not visited. I can no longer say that, furthermore, I can say, I will return.
Three of us ordered three differing meals ( lemon chicken, chilli sizzling beef and garlic prawns) each of the dishes were cooked extremely well. A special note to the tenderness of the beef.
Good service, good food and all at a price you would expect.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Chris C

“Awful ......... Hell hole”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Ordered a take out from this joint and was the worst decision of life ... The pak choi was cooked to within in inch of it's life ! The seasonal veg was mush ... And the pad Thai and crispy seaweed were burnt . Th manager told me he has never had a complaint ... Save you're wallet and you're stomach ....

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Booradley1981
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Delicious, can't wait to go back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

My colleague and I ate here recently and the food was delicious. Excellent value for money and great service. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I visited the restaurant with my husband and 10 year old son, he's still new to eating Chinese food so we asked the waitress could we change one dishes in the set menu, which they were happy to do so. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was fantastic, the starter came out in a bamboo boat and looked very impressive, the crispy duck was awesome. All food was piping hot and to a high standard, the décor was nice and you didn't feel crowed by other diners as there was plenty of room between the tables. I was quite empty when we got there (7pm) but filled up quickly, and we didn't feel rushed to leave when we finished. Would definitely recommend eating here and cant wait to go back again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shirley1806
London, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I felt compelled to write this review following the disgusting food that myself and my husband were served at this restaurant.We visited on a Saturday night and the restaurant was only half full.
We ordered Crispy duck for starters and various main course dishes.
The duck arrived and it was nearly all skin and bone hardly any meat.My husband complained as soon as the dish had arrived and was greeted with "Ive been in the restaurant business 20 years....." from the manager.The attitude of the manager in particular is a disgrace.The other dishes arrived but to be honest after our set to with the manager our hunger had dissapeared.There are plenty of decent Chinese restaurants in the area - Don't go to this one unless you want an argument!

• Visited October 2013