“Could not recommend”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Reviewed 27 August 2013

No choice over hotel as stayed here with a coach party. Hotel rooms and non public areas are quite run down with very stained carpeting in places. It was a long walk to our room. The worst point for us was the chef came out into the breakfast room wearing a filthy white coat, which looked like dirt, rather than food stains. It made us feel ill, especially since we had just eaten breakfast. The only positive point about the hotel is that the staff are quite friendly and the public areas are ok.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ManagerWD17, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was sorry to read you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to the team to ensure that the maintenance issues you outlined are dealt with.
We do have some works planned for the hotel in January which will lift the 1st impressions of the hotel.
Best regards
David

Reviewed 24 August 2013

myself and my husband and our 3 children stayed here for 1 night and had twin joining rooms which was clean, tidy and very well presented.
We had use of ALL facilities to which the children was very pleased and they enjoyed the swimming pool.
Breakfast was catered for amazingly and the staff was very helpful, kind and understanding of our needs as it was a booking for a family of 5 which is hard to find.
I would reccomend this hotel to all family and friends and any who is looking for accomodation within this area and we are all very much looking forward to going back and staying here again in the very near future.

Room Tip: All rooms are clean, very well looked after and provided with Tea, Coffee, Milk, sugar and have a T...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had an overnight stay at Park Inn, The check in was quick, our room was on the first floor 215, it was clean enough but basic, the bed was comfy and clean. I stepped in the shower ,only to find the maid had not replaced the shower gel, I had to climb out again and get some hand gel to continue my shower, not a joke at 65 !!! There was a constant hum from the extractor unit ,that never went off, our room had a connecting door and we could hear people talking next door at 1.30 am !!!!!!!!!
The evening meal was edible but not very exciting ,Chicken ,Pasta or Morrocan Pork with help yourself veg consisting of ,Brussels , mixed frozen veg ,new pots and roast pots. Plus starter ,soup or pate salad, and sweets!!! The breakfast was good full english ,toast , yogs etc.
The building looks very old and ready for doing up .

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel desperately needs a refurbishment. Peeling and faded paintwork, worn-out facilities and the cleanliness leaves a lot to be desired. The first room we were given had a broken window lock (it took the receptionist an hour and a half to decide that a room move was in-order). Our replacement room wasn't much better (poorly fitted light fittings in the bathroom, missing toilet roll holder, scuffed paint work, I could go on and on...
The so called 'free' internet at 512kb is a joke in this day and age. It like living in the 'net' stoneage. The only saving grace was the self service breakfast which was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I have recently appointed a new Maintenance Manager and his priority is to deal with many of the bedroom related issues including some of those you experienced. I also have a refurbishment plan for Jan 2014 which will improve the quality of the hotel. I do hope you will come back and re-visit the hotel once this has been completed.
Best regards
David

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Hi,
just back from a 4 nights stay at the Park inn ,harlow,the hotel is situated on a busy dual carrige way about a mile from harlow town centre and is situated on a ground floor level,the reception is well organised and of a good standard and have what seemed to have well trained staff,the rooms were very clean and the bathroom was spotless,the only downside was the bar area as in it was tiny and had no atmosphere not even a tv screen,one night I asked a young girl(kelly) for a pint of guiness and requested it to be served in a guiness glass only to be told that they had none and so she served it up in a plain glass and poored it up flat,she was not interested nor polite,the next night I was served by another girl with blonde hair( from the dinning room) who was very frienly and when I asked for a guiness glass she replied in a pleasant manner yes sir of course then reached down and found guiness glass and served it up slowly the way guiness should this being the difference between good and bad service.
The food was of excellent standard both breakfast and evening meals the best i have had for a long time,another down side was there was no TV screen in the reception area which me and other people found a bit odd,I will say though that all in all the hotel was well run with clean rooms and great quallity food.one tip for you is there is some local pubs about 10 minutes walk away just take the underpass across the road from the hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

The website states Free Wireless High-Speed Internet, satellite television and Pay-TV movies.

Firstly the internet is not free, you have to pay for it unless you upgrade to the Business Package. Even then it is not high-speed but capped to 512Kb/s, which for those that don't understand that, is not very quick at all. The TVs are the standard digital TVs available today, which offers more than the standard 5, but is still not satellite TV and finally there is no such thing as Pay-TV movies, they simply don't have them. I think they call this false advertising!

I was due to arrive early and didn't mind as I thought I would relax and watch a movie, disappointing it was. The rooms were acceptable for one night, and bathroom clean, but don't expect to do much business work as the stool they provide at the desk is very uncomfortable. Bed was okay i had a good nights sleep after the bar closed. If you want an early night ask for a room not overlooking the centre as this is the outside area for the bar and gets very loud.

If you get it cheap, and its for a short period then its acceptable, but don't expect anything special as its extremely basic. Still better than Travelodge though, but only just.

Room Tip: Get an outside facing room if you want an early night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here on Saturday 3rd July as we were attending a birthday party locally. We always choose to stay here due to the location when we attend events in bishops Stortford
The hotel was very clean and tidy. Young lady on reception was very informative on our arrival. My husband and I both stay in quite a lot of hotels whilst on business, the beds are great, perfect nights sleep.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms along 202 corridor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 1 in High Wych
Down Hall Hotel & Spa
Down Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!