“Tired hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Though our room was clean and good enough the whole hotel is very tired and not of the standard I expected from this chain. The carpets are very stained in the hallways and the paintwork very chipped. It had the feeling of a hotel where people rent monthly!
Not sure I will return there is better quality elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel was not looking at its best. We are currently re-painting reception and many of the front of house areas of the hotel and replacing the carpets that have been damaged. This will be comleted by the end of March and will hopefully lift the overall quality and feel of the hotel.
Once again many thanks for your review

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Park Inn is a little tired decoration and furnishing wise. It's clean and very reasonably priced. The best thing is the beds are the most comfortable of all the hotels in Harlow, and a super cooked English breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hilary,
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. We are currently painting and decorating many of the public areas and will be replacing many of the carpets as well. I hope that this will improve the overall feel of the hotel and lift the quality. I do hope that you will continue to use the hotel and I thank you for your custom.
Best regards

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed here because it was near my work. I wanted an early night so went to bed at 8, having ordered room service. A jacket potato that was hard and cold and came to 10'95 with a coke. Not worth the money at all. Old fashioned rooms and the fan in bathroom was on without a control, very noisy. After two calls to reception someone finally came. The staff were generally friendly and helpful. The room I was in must have been near a generator as there was constant noise all night so I didn't sleep. Disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014

Many thanks for your review of the hotel- I was disapointed to read about your experience. I would agree that the food should have been cooked correctly. I have passed this feedback to the kitchen team and have asked them to make sure that they check the food is at the correct temperature.
With reagrd to the room quality we are in the process of making some changes to the hotel to improve the overall impression and hopefully this will imrpove the overall experience.Once again many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my Girlfriend stayed here for three night's and was appauled by the stains in the hallway and also in our room, the tiles were cracked in the bathroom and also dampness in some areas in the room, we also came across old rubbish from the previous people who had the room for example grape stems and bottle lids/caps on the floor and under the bed which is not good, also we was right by a set of doors which kept us up late at night and woke us up very early in the morning thus giving us a poor sleep throughout the weekend and the bed is very uncomfortable waking up everyday with extreme back pains and one of the worst ones was for the last two nights we found bug like marks on us which we presume is from the bed where they will only change it after three days if you are staying for a lengthy period and I am still suffering from the bites and will have to go to a doctor because of this one last thing was that the swimming pool gave usllme very sore rashes on myself, we was really looking forward to a nice weekend break away here but now we have really regretted it now in coming here, I hope that the manager will read this and we can chat about this it would really help

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie P
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Seldom have I stayed in a worse hotel; the carpets were filthy; the wine tasted like Sarsons; the food what was available was awful; breakfast could have been served the day before; the dining room floor you had to keep moving or you stuck to it; the toilet seat was broken in our bathroom and nipped you on the bum but apart from that the room was ok

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ivan J
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you did not enjoy your experience with us. I have passed your feedback on to the Operations Manager so she can review this with her team.
We are about to undertake some refurbishment to deal with the stained carpets in the corridors and I hope to have this completed by mid April.
Once again many thanks for your feedback

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a lovely visit to Park Inn, after seeing bad reviews we were a little worried, but staff were friendly on arrival and did everything they could to help us throughout our stay. We had asked for a king size bed, which actually turned out to be 2 single beds pushed together. disappointing but the beds were comfy. Room service was very nice, and had a selection. Pool area was very nice, and the man in charge was very friendly. the 'free' wifi does not actually work. But considering that you are paying so little for a room, its good value. Bathroom and room were both very clean. Agree that carpet in the corridors could need updating, but that was not a big deal and we would love to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to ready that you had enjoyed your stay.
I have passed the feedback on to the reservations team about the bed - we do have a number of rooms that have Zip and Link king beds however we do have normal double beds as well.
I do hope that when you are next visiting Harlow you will come back and stay,
Best regards

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Initial thoughts were cheap and cheerful.
Room was ok but no spoon for the coffee and tea. Also cups damP. Corridoors scruffy.
Phone did not work so had to dial reception externally on mobile.
However bed comfy. fod was good and slept well.
Proabaly would use again as god price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review - I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed you experience with us. I have passed on your feedback about damp cups to housekeeping and have asked them to review this with the team.
We are about to replace the carpets in the corridor that you mentioned - the carpets have been cleaned at least 4 times in the last 6 months and the stains will not come out - they are now being replaced and this should be completed by mid April
Once again many thanks for your review.
David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 1 in High Wych
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!