“Handy for motorways, but traffic flow very unpredictable, very freindly staff”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staff are the greatest asset of this hotel.
The food is the weakest.
Breakfast is average, the dinner option is the same as the bar & room service)- mainly something that can be taken from a freezer and put in the fryer ore on the grill.
Spa is great as its compact but a little tired also used as regulars as a local swim & sauna spot.
Excellent therapist available for spa treatments- (call ahead & book well used local resource)
i stayed for work for a week and the only problem being the unpredictability of the traffic each day, Hotel handy for Stansted airport. Free internet decent flat screen TV
Found the shower pressure could be better
Room was clean & bed comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room If your room is a long way from reception- each night get them to check...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I have noticed the traffic over the last couple of weeks has been a challenge - the issue seems to be that there are roadworks on an alternative route out of Harlow forceing traffic to use the A414. I do not anticipate this to be a long term issue as in the time I have been at the hotel the traffic has not been as much of a challenge.
We have just recruited a new kitchen team for the hotel which should mean that the quality of the food on offer will improve as well as more variation as there will be specials in the bar and restaurant to choose from.
I do hope you will continue to use the hotel and please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed one night for a family do and having read the reviews was prepared! Yes the carpets are severely marked, so much so that it makes me wonder if the fault was with the carpet itself, but we arrived to find the corridors and public areas being painted.
The rooms were clean and bright and staff were very pleasant.
The bar area is a bit minimalistic and could do with some better furnishings to create some atmosphere, but the service and food were good.
The swimming pool area was fine and my husband and daughter enjoyed using the pool.
Overall, very good value for the money paid. I also like the fact that the manager replies to peoples reviews - always a good sign. The public areas are being updated so this should improve.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are brighter. We had room 118.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheCannons2013

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I always feel that it is common courtesy to reply to review from a guest - they have taken the time to give you their feedback the least you can do is say thank you. I use trip advisor myself when booking hotels so I can understand its importance.
The carpets were put in the hotel in 2006 - however I think they may have been a poor choice of quality and not hard wearning enough. I am really pleased that these will have been changed by the end of this month and the hotel will look much better.
I do hope that you will consider using us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

hello being a coach driver I visit many hotels, and I must say park inn is one of the top hotels I have stayed in the staff are very friendly and the rooms are very clean and spacious and cleaned every day the food in the evening is ok but the breakfast is fab,
there is pleanty op parking space and it is only a 3/4 hr drive into the center of London which is good.

Room Tip: all the rooms I have stayed in are excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. We have a number of coach parties throughout the year and they are always welcome. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.
We have recently recruited an entirely new kitchen team and hope that this will improve the overall quality of the food that we offer.
I do hope that you will come back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel bar area was nice, but the state of the rooms and corridors were very poor. The carpets were worn out, the furniture looked like it had been there for 10+ years. It reminded me of an old student accommodation. But, the food was ok.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Oli,
Many thanks for your review - We are currently undergoing some refurbishment and I hope that this will improve the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope once this is complete you will considder coming back so you can assess the changes we have made.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed overnight at the Park Inn Harlow, attending family party. 9 of us stayed at the hotel. We got a very good deal with breakfast and everyone was pleased with the choice. The rooms were very comfortable for a 1 night stay. The breakfast was very reasonable. The common areas, like the corridors could do with an upgrade. The carpet was very faded. All in all a perfectly satisfactory stay, especially with the deal we got.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms at the back overlook garages, the front overlooks a sport field.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I am aware of the issues with poor carpets in corridors and reception. These are being replaced in March and will look much improved. We are also re-painting all of the public area spaces to give the hotel a lift.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.
best regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014

When I booked said I could cancel upto 12 noon and get a full refund, tried to cancel 48 hours before and was told I couldn't as there was no refund as I got a special price so had 2 double rooms costing just short of £130 wasted very annoye

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your review. I was sorry to read that you felt we had been unfair with the refusal on your refund. The booking was made via Skiddle.co.uk and the rate purchased was a non refundable pre paid rate. This would have been stated in the terms and conditions in your confirmation from Skiddle.co.uk. Had the reservation been made via our own website then you would have had the option to purchase a room on a rate that would have been able to be cancelled up until 6pm on the day of arrival.
I am sorry that we were not able to help you with this on this occasion.
Many thanks

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Though our room was clean and good enough the whole hotel is very tired and not of the standard I expected from this chain. The carpets are very stained in the hallways and the paintwork very chipped. It had the feeling of a hotel where people rent monthly!
Not sure I will return there is better quality elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel was not looking at its best. We are currently re-painting reception and many of the front of house areas of the hotel and replacing the carpets that have been damaged. This will be comleted by the end of March and will hopefully lift the overall quality and feel of the hotel.
Once again many thanks for your review
David

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!