“Nice & clean. Quiet hotel”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Nice & clean. Quiet hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here night before we flew out on holiday. Was perfect for what we needed. We didn't eat in the bar as a little pricey but found a perfect place to eat nearby.
Our room was clean & tidy & had a yummy breakfast before we left. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie-Lou0423
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Julie,
Many thanks for your review. I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that we got your holiday off to a good start.
I hope you had a great holiday and you will considder staying with us the next time you fly from Stansted.
David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
nottingham
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Arrived early Saturday evening with a coach trip, asked at reception if out party of three could eat slightly later, nothing was too much trouble, we went to our rooms very clean, spacious and air cond which worked fantastic!!! great tv, hairdryer, coffee making facilities, shower had lovely hot running water which was much needed after spending the day in London in scorching weather, went down for dinner it was gorgeous the food was fantastic cooked to perfection and plenty for even the larger appetites in the room. A three course meal at that, bottled water was provided on the tables still and fizzy what a lovely touch.
All staff were friendly and very curtious to us all nothing was too much trouble at all.
After dinner we went for a walk to walk it off.
we headed back to the hotel asked if we could take bottled water to our room once agin no problem they let us!!!!!
We went to our rooms the beds were so comfy and big it didn't take long to fall to sleep.
We woke in the morning where you can use the gym and swimming pool if you want to again a great touch. Breakfast was lovely everything you can imagine to eat, fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast, toast, croissants, pan au chocolat, a very good choice for every taste, again the staff were friendly nothing too much trouble my son only has soya milk they fetched it no problem even bought out two little jugs in case it was needed, the staff never stopped they were working hard the whole time we saw them.
I am very fussy and I would without a shadow of a doubt stay here again.
Well done and thank you to every member of staff who worked hard to make our stay special.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NottinghamMitchie
Many thanks for your review of the hotel, I was delighted t oread that you had such a good time at the hotel. We have many coach parties over the summer months and it is always great to get feedback from you. I will pass on the feedback to the staff who I am sure will be really pleased to get such a glowing report.
I do hope that should you get the opportunity to come back to the hotel you will.
London
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Average hotel, that serves a purpose, but has an overall tired feel about it. My room, however, was clean and fresh. I would think it had a recent makeover. Good night sleep helped by efficient aircon, and that's what I wanted. Was there on business and ate out in the evening, and didn't stay for breakfast so can't comment on the food. Staff were friendly enough.
I won't be going back though. They charge £6.95 for an hour of WiFi or £15 for the night. I'm on business. I need WiFi. I refused to be fleeced by a hotel after paying for a room. There are so many hotels of all grades that offer free WiFi it can only be greed to try to get extra money from guests like this. If McDonalds can give you free WiFi if you buy a coffee why do Park Inns feel the need to charge so much. I won't pay it on principle.
Ps. McDonalds coffee is surprisingly good, so I give them my business cos there is always one nearby.

3 Thank Dusty428
Many thanks for your review, I was pleased t oread that you found the facilities to your liking. With regards Wifi in all Park Inn hotels is free however I am aware that in the guest directory in the room that you were staying in did say that there would be a charge. I apologise that you were not made aware that Wifi is now free and has been for a number of yuears now. We have had the guest directory removed and replaced with an up to date version.
Once again many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed one night at the hotel and had a room on the second floor. We noticed that the carpets on the ground and first floors looked quite new and fresh however, the carpets in the corridor on the second floor and our room were both stained and worn, which was rather off putting. On the plus side our double bed was very comfortable and the room had air conditioning. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly and the included breakfast was good. We had an evening meal in the bar, and whilst the food tasty, I found it quite expensive. B&B was good value and I would stay again but only if I had a refurbished room.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor until refurbishment is complete.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gemini09
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that you had generally enjoyed your stay with us. We recently replaced all of the carpeting on the ground floor and next year we plan to do the same on the 1st floor.
Many thanks for your feedback and I do hope you will considder staying with us again in the near future
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

As a driver it is an ideal stop as it is right by the motorway. Great place to stay with plenty of onsite parking facilities. Staff are all excellent and customer service is outstanding. Rooms were very nice and had both heating and conditioning. Did not use leisure facilities but were there to use free of charge if I wanted to. Food was lovely with plenty to chose from.

If anyone is looking to visit the area for both leisure or business purposes I would recommend you stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Mitchell,
Many thanks for your review. I was delighted to read tha tyou enjoyed you stay with us. I do hope that when you are next in the area you will considder staying with us again.
Essex
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed for two nights at the weekend. We were delighted with our stay, the room was very clean and had the facilities we needed. The staff were very friendly and helped in every way possible. The pool was also a great way to relax. We found the food was slightly expensive but tasted great which didn't make it so bad. Overall great stay and would definatly stay again

• Stayed July 2014
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. Its was great to see that you enjoyed you time with us. I do hope the next time you are looking for a relaxing break you will considder staying with us again
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The students and staff would like to thanks the friendly staff for making our evening an unforgettable experience.the food was lovely and the service was excellent. The bar staff was friendly and excellent in his service.

Dear Graham,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to read that your event went well with us - I hope that the next time you are looking for an event in the area you will considder using us again.
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!