“Cold beans for breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express Harlow
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
poole
“Cold beans for breakfast”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I booked this hotel for £70 through hotels.com. I has to attend a meeting at the civic centre in the centre of town so this hotel was ideal. It is an uphill walk from Harlow town station and because of the layout of Harlow is not in a straight line. A taxi cost £5.50 from the station. There is a taxi and and the bus station immediately outside the hotel. The are a few restaurants nearby like nandos and pizza express. Rooms and corridors we spacious and relatively new. Only grip I have is that the Internet was unreliable - I was in room 210. As with other holiday inn expresses I have stayed in nice to have a free breakfast but again the beans were cold! Friendly staff in the main.

Room Tip: Seems to be a quiet hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIEXHARLOW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear andrewbr2,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. I'm sad to hear that due to some small issue you weren't able to entirely enjoy your stay. We always value your feedback because it allows us to see where improvements can be made. Anyway I'm happy to hear that overall you've enjoyed our hotel and especially our friendly staff.

Kind regards,

Holiday Inn Express Harlow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
leeds
Reviewed 8 December 2013

2nd visit ...after a year ..
great improvement .. car park is full as before but discounted parking next door helps.
eastern European staff as before polite , surprised with more Brits working in the industry .. chancellors business agenda working ..getting people into work..

all staff polite and courteous, rooms well maintained ..still sad about the sausages ..awful ..

bar that and the fact it's some distance from M11 .. for my needs.. it a decent place to stay ..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HIEXHARLOW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear vinchy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I thank you for the positive review of our team who always aim to be as helpful as possible. I also thank you the points you have raised in terms of the food quality. We always value this feedback because it allows us to see where improvements can be made.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed here while on our way back from Heathrow, the hotel staff were helpful even though we were quite late arriving, the room was clean and comfortable, easy to find with good directions from the website, breakfast was included, plenty of choice if a little average, the only problem was the car park was full and we had to park in the nearby multi storey.

Room Tip: rooms are much cheaper if you book in advance
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Lindyann2013,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It was great to hear that you had a positive experience during your stay at the hotel and I have passed on your comments to the team here. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

After skeptically booking this hotel after very bad stays before, we were nervous yet didn't really have much choice in hotels. We booked and turned up in the evening of the 28th November. We specifically asked for a room on the third or fourth floor. This request was honoured and we were on the third floor. The receptionist was lovely, very kind and friendly. All in all was a lovely stay. The room was lovely and clean, the cleaning staff were lovely and helpful. I would have rated excellent but the only thing we didn't enjoy was the breakfast. The cooked selection was very bland and dry. We came down for breakfast one morning and didn't bother for the rest. Glad we didn't pay for it. Checkout was lovely and the gentleman asked if everything was okay during the stay. All in all lovely.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MissLisaFox95,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It is always pleasing for us to hear when our guests have had a a great experience when staying at the hotel. Especially if our improvement has been noticed. I'm sad to hear that you didn't enjoy our complimentary breakfast, but I've appreciated the fact that our staff was helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed for one night on 30th. My cousin uses Holiday Inn a lot and is pleased with this one...So I was looking forward to staying!

Lovely interior and furnished to a high standard. Breakfast was more than adequate - a variety of stuff was on offer.

Rooms are spacious and just what you need. Shower was amazing!!...

Staff were pretty friendly and very helpful.

Only thing letting it down is the parking! Hundreds of rooms on several floors and only about 20 spaces in their car park!... They do have an agreement with local multi-story to charge a flat rate but still not ideal to be wandering in Harlow late at night...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Thomsgran,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor with some feedback about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It is always pleasing to receive positive comments about the hotel & I have shared this feedback with the team here. about the car park we do our best for our guest so as you have noticed we have an agreement with the U-Car Park and guest can park there for only £3.00.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel has only been open a short while and is still freshly decorated and carpeted. The rooms are a decent size and well equipt. We loved the bathroom with it's very large walk in shower. The public areas are modern and functional rather than cosy. Staff seem very nice and helpful. Our main complaint was the bed. We don't generally like very hard beds but this one was too soft for a small double. If it had been the more usual king size the softness would not have been so much of a problem and I would guess that for one person the bed would probably have been ok. On a minor level, why do hotels not put a mirror over the dressing table with the hairdryer nearby. Putting the hairdryer next to the full length mirror means standing for ages to dry hair and not being able to put make up on whilst sitting at the dressing table/desk. We managed to park in the hotel car park but dare not use the car again in case we lost our place. The breakfast was adequate with a selection of cereals, fruit juices, rolls and muffins. The cooked items didn't appeal as I never have a cooked breakfast in a hotel unless it's cooked to order. Although this review is quite a mixed one, overall I was pleased with our one night stay and I would have given it a five if the bed was a proper double/king size and on site parking was guaranteed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlooking the car park are probably the quietest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Thomsgran,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I'm glad to see that overall you've enjoyed your experienced. I have noted your comments regarding the bed's quality and passed to the relative department.

Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our stay here was ruined by VERY noisy twenty somethings roaming the corridors, banging doors, shouting etc. through the night. My wife complained to reception about 4am but though reception staff did call at the room next door, nothing really changed. It proved to be a long, tiring drive back to Scotland after that.
Breakfast and staff were ordinary. Parking not great.
Sigh.
I won't be back and would advise you to go elsewhere too.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank sdhunterx
HIEXHARLOW, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at Holiday Inn Express Harlow.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort you had to experience during your stay, which is normally not the way our guests feel when they leave our hotel.
I will pass your comments to my night team and will make sure they take extra care if guests are disturbing other guests.
From your review I looks like you did not tell anything to the manager on duty during check out, which I would always suggest to do so should you be staying somewhere else.
Meantime, if you wish to contact me further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly 01279 624 380 or email gm@express-harlow.com
Sincerely Yours,
Viktorija Stanciukaite

Travellers are raving about these Harlow hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Travelodge Harlow Hotel
#1 of 3 in Bishops Stortford
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harlow? Share your experiences!