“Excellent service and very friendly stuff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Harlow

Holiday Inn Express Harlow
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
“Excellent service and very friendly stuff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We've been living there the past six months 4-5 days per week for business. Te facilities are excellent and the rooms always clean and ready on time. The service is really good and the stuff is very helpful and friendly. Parking facilities are also available.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HIEXHARLOW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Panagiotis,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It was great to hear that you had a positive experience during your stay at the hotel and I have passed on your comments to the team here. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Melwin Fernandes
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Holiday Inn Express offers excellent accommodation in the centre of Harlow. Great rooms with very good facilities including sofa, desk and plenty of power sockets. Smart, clean ensuite with good sized shower. Staff very pleasant and welcoming. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin J
HIEXHARLOW, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Kevin J,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It was great to hear that you had a positive experience during your stay at the hotel. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Hausen am Albis, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at very short notice for four nights from Boxing day to visit my Mum in hospital.

The hotel is fairly new and therefore in good condition. The room was small but comfortable and yes as per some of the other guests comments the beds are quite soft and you do end up close to your partner - not such a bad thing in my books! The rooms were well isolated and the area is quiet at night. In other words we slept very well on all four nights.

The girls servicing the rooms did a very thorough job - they work very hard and leave the rooms immaculately clean. The reception staff were extremely helpful and a pleasure to talk to - they seemed genuinely interested in what we thought of the hotel and the service when we checked out.

Breakfast was perfect. Given it is included in the price of the room it is great value and we loved the chance to have baked beans on toast (not easy to get here in Switzerland) and a large selection of teas. The freshly baked muffins were a real hit with our kids!

The location is also idea for the town centre and for the hospital too.

While parking is limited to about 18 cars at the back of the hotel the large "terminus street" car park is not really any further walking from the hotel entrance and works well too. Just remember to park on the third floor (so we were requested to) and dont buy a ticket - just let the staff know at the hotel.

I would very happily stay here again and recommend it. Just remember it is a great Holiday Inn and not the Ritz and it is Harlow not the Seychelles and you will be pleasantly surprised!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Neil P,

Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Not the best hotel I've stayed at by any means, but perfectly adequate for our Christmas Day night away from home - and the price was amazing value for money.

Parking is a bit of an issue - the car park was fine when we arrived, but when we got back to the hotel late Christmas Day, we had to park in the big car park next door. Not far from the hotel, but the car park was very quiet and didn't feel particularly safe to be walking around. Good that the hotel offer a discounted rate though - I suppose this is the best that can be hoped for in a town centre hotel.

The location is good, just on the edge of Harlow town centre. We were visiting family for Christmas in the area, so it was perfect for us, and good to be right near the shops for a spot of shopping on Boxing Day. Even though it's in the town centre, it's a bit set back from the main roads, so noise is not an issue - perfectly quiet throughout the stay.

Staff could do a bit better - efficient enough, but not particularly warm or friendly.

The rooms, and the hotel itself, all seem spotlessly clean. The bed was too soft for my liking - luckily I had a bed to myself, but my parents in another room also reported they kept on rolling together in the middle of the bed. The rooms have the appearance of a much more expensive hotel, they don't feel cheap at all.

The breakfast is basic, but acceptable. Choice of a few cereals, toast, pastries, and a few cooked items.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I needed to stay in the area - for the price we paid, I was pretty much delighted with the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Terry D
Dear e16guy,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Harlow. I am sorry to hear you experienced our parking issue. But I'm happy that overall you've enjoyed your stay and our competitive rate. I'm sure that on your next visit you will experience a warm and friendly welcome.

Sincerely Yours,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is a fairly new addition to HI Express chain & a real little gem! Very modern, clean, comfortable beds, good size rooms & an excellent Customer service ethos.

Owing to my husband's emergency admission to Harlow hospital during the night from Stansted airport, I booked this hotel near the hospital & at that time I could not say for how long I would stayi but my request was met with calm confidence even though this was the busy Xmas week.

I was very stressed on arrival at the hotel having taken a taxi back to Stansted airport to retrieve our luggage from the airport & drive to Harlow in very high winds/torrential rain. The reception team of Agata & Emma met me with kind words at a time when I was in dire need of a friendly face, they listened to me with patience & concern, sat me down with a cup of tea &
tissues to recover myself as by then I was in a flood of tears, events of the previous 24 hours having caught up with me.

Their kindness when I was completely alone with no family or friends close by to turn to meant a lot to me & I shall always remember their care for me,a stranger, on that stressful dark day.

My husband was discharged on Xmas Eve & we decided to stay another night before driving home when the weather forecast was much quiter. Unfortunately he sustained another minor TIA in the early hours of Christmas Day & the reception night staff gentlemen swiftly called an ambulance & he was re-admitted. to the hospital for much of the day. On Xmas night he was discharged & everything was closed but the reception staff again came to my aid with provision of facilities to make myself something to eat.

Our bathroom basin plug got stuck at one point but the Head Housekeeper soon came with a plunger to sort it out! We finally checked out of the hotel on Boxing Day to return home.

I cannot thank the staff enough for their help over the Xmas days, very much appreciated. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and would suggest the HI Express Management could use this hotel as a model for all their staff elsewhere. It makes you want to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious with excellent facilities/fittings. Quiet efficient lifts to al floors &...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CambridgeCat
Dear CambridgeCat,

Thank you for the kind words that you have used to describe our staff while you were writing this review, I'm very pleased that our staff has been so helpful in such a stressing situation, I will make sure that your words will be shared with the rest of the team. I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Bedfordshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Firstly, let me start by saying I am a IHG gold elite member. I regularly stay in IHG hotels and choose the brand for their facilities and service. I spend numerous nights in their hotels every year for both business and leisure trips and have never had cause for complaint.

My wife and I checked into this hotel for a one night stay on Christmas Day. We arrived late and were checked in by night staff. Maybe they were annoyed by having to work on Christmas Day but whatever the reason there was a distinct lack of effort to welcome us. We were told the vital information but no small talk was even attempted. Even a simple 'hello' and 'how can I help' would have been nice let alone a 'merry Christmas'!

The rooms here are well appointed - the bathroom especially is very well equipped. However, we found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable (and don't appear to be the only ones judging by the reviews on here) and were constantly rolling into each other in the night as it dipped significantly in the middle.

We ate breakfast in the hotel on boxing day morning. Breakfast was basic but is offered for free so can't really complain. Whilst eating we observed two members of staff on reception whilst one lady was running around in the breakfast area like made trying to keep on top of everything. Of the 2 ladies on reception, one simply sat and stared into space whilst the other attended to each guest that needed assistance.

When we checked out we were not asked how our stay was so again no pleasantries or small talk. As my Gold Elite status was not acknowledged at check-in I asked the lady that was checking us out for my bonus points voucher. I was astonished at her tone and attitude in her response. She effectively accused me of lying by saying she did not know I hadn't been given the voucher at check-in. I assured her that I hadn't but she just repeated herself in a louder more defensive tone. When my wife asked if she could look into it and get back to us she responded by saying that she would try but would not be seeing the night staff so probably not! We paid and were presented with/had our receipt thrown at us and left. No thank you for our stay or even a goodbye! A fantastic way to treat any guests let alone a top tier member of your rewards club!

In my opinion this hotel has the facilities to be an excellent hotel in an area in which other hotels are very average. However, the staff are definitely letting it down at the moment. Asking a guest how their stay was is a basic skill. Maybe a customer service training course would be of benefit here?

Room Tip: Just make sure the bed is comfy and mattress doesn't dip before you settle into the room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank S12375
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harlow, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear S12375,

We would like to first of all thank you for providing a review of your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time with us. We were glad to see your high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Value. We take these reviews very seriously as they help us to identify areas that might benefit from additional attention and improvement. We would also like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a private message.

We thank you again for leaving feedback on your stay. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Adrian D.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

This is a much newer holiday inn express and is brilliant located in Harlow town centre it's easily accessible and everything looks and works great! Staff were friendly and breakfast is good with good coffee and tea selection. There are large meeting rooms and I can't stress how great it is to visit a perfectly clean hotel!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear intheria,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harlow. It is always pleasing for us to hear when our guests have had a a great experience when staying at the hotel. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Holiday inn Express Harlow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Premier Inn Harlow Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Green Man Hotel
Green Man Hotel
#4 of 8 in Harlow
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stansted Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel London Stanst...
#2 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,055 reviews
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,271 reviews
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harlow? Share your experiences!