See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 May 2012

After reading other reviews I was pleasantly suprised overall with this hotel, clean well decorated rooms 2 restaurants, both very good value, but I would not advise for families

Date of stay: May 2012
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We arrived at this hotel after booking online and realised that we had made a big big mistake. The appearance of the hotel from the outside was run down, dark and plain miserable. When we were lead to the room, we found the room was cold, dark, one towel between two of us, the shower room was full of hairs, the beds had one protective cover and no bottom sheet, and the head board kept moving away from the bed. The room smelt horrible, the hotel was totally unkempt. The TV was perched on a chair at the end of the bed with hardly any clear picture, it was just plain snowy. We decided to change rooms. The only consolation is that the radiator was working. The noise was absolutely ridiculous from the restaurant below. Whatever you do, don't take a chance at this hotel (Bates Hotel). I would rather take my chance at Fawlty Towers!)

Room tip: There aren't any.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank tonylesurf
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The company booked me in here as the Premier Inn was fully booked and this was only a few yards up the road. I was shown to the room and left. I was speechless. Never have I seen a more basic room with a bed and bed linen that would be more suited to a sleezy hore house. I went straight back to reception to say it wasn't acceptable. I was shown a 'better' room which just had an additional bed and was larger. Otherwise as bad. Avoid at all costs. Not friendly and not for humans.

2  Thank Linfo2
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stopped 1 night inJanuary in a so called family room and a twin room. The family room stank, the bedding was stained and the heating didn't work. The solution provided was a small convector heater with a broken leg. There was 1 glass and 1 mug with the tea and coffee, all covered in dust. The twin room was cleaner and didn't smell, but one of the beds was minus half the castors so tipped back and forth when my son sat on it. The whole place was run down and dirty and the staff seemed totally disinterested. We left by 8am - no sign of any breakfast but by then we just wanted to get out. I've visited someone in our local homeless hostel and it was far better than this.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed in the oasis for a few nights. When I first arrived there, there was no one at the reception and I had to wait 10 minutes before anyone came. I was then led to my room and was told they didn't have a key for my door so I couldn't lock it when I went out. When I entered my room I was appalled. The furniture was falling apart and was covered in green stains and paint. The walls were marked and dirty. The floor in the shower was scratched and dirty. There was cobwebs in the corners of the room and several spider hanging from the ceiling. I tried to sleep but there was shouting all throughout the hotel and the noise of the traffic was to loud. After I finally went to sleep I woke up to go to breakfast. I was waiting for 20 minutes before it came and I was served tea in a dirty stained cup. The breakfast was so appalling I had to walk to a cafe and get my breakfast. I am highly surprised environmental health have not shut it down. The hotel is appalling and the staff are arrogant and barely talk english.

Date of stay: November 2011