“The reviews are 100% true”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Oasis Hotel

The Oasis Hotel
and 1 more site!
The Oasis Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Runcorn
“The reviews are 100% true”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I can honestly say I looked this Hotel up tonight out of a morbid curiosity as I had tried to book into this hotel in 2008 for a business trip. Out of all my experiences even back in 2008 this place was just shocking, I never actually dared to put anything down in the room it stank that much, it made me heave. This was the time when smoking was allowed and I had asked for a smoke free room it was like a crack house. I think I last all of 5 minutes before I walked back to the desk and handed the keys back, I cannot believe this place is still going....it should be forcible shut down it is so disgusting even the cockroaches refuse to live there, I bet sleeping in the park is a better prospect....

I felt compelled to write this to exact my disgust on seeing that you can still stay here

Room Tip: The bins around the back are cleaner than the rooms. The only place where you wipe your feet on the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank AndyLev

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Just a nasty, horrible place to stay. I've never felt so unsafe.
The police were there a number of nights, breaking up fights or getting rid of the drug users. The room was dirty and incredibly dated. I didn't even attempt any of their food after seing the food hygine rating of 0. Dirty sheets, windows did not lock (not great when you have children) I honestly don't know how this place is still open to trade. I think it's disgusting that the council are funding this place to stay open by sending the homeless there. No one should have to stay there, even if they have no where else to go. My heart goes out to anyone who has the misfortune of having to stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank hil717

Travellers are raving about these Harlow hotels

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Don't even get me started on this place. It's horrible, skinky, unclean!!! The toilet smells of urine there's no hot water, the bottom of the shower curtain is BLACK and to top it of our bed sheets didnt get changed from a previous stay! I asked very nicely for clean bed sheets and they were very rude and said no. Bearing in mind I'm 30weeks pregnant and sorry for the tmi but ever since I've been here I've had sickness and dihearea. Argh and them bloody drug addicts smoking in there rooms and outside the b&b it's just terrible. How can a pregnant woman be around there's people? I wouldn't wish this on anyone and if i was you ill save your money and go somewhere where it's worth while because this place doesn't deserve business.

• Stayed June 2013
6 Thank Absterb
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I travel a lot and have never before checked out of a hotel within twenty minutes but this was so awful I had to. Room was dirty and smelled damp. Bathroom smelled of wee. No towels, no remote control. Both were produced, but only one small towel.
The room was dirty and dusty.to get go my room i had to go up loads of stairs and then outside ad across a flat roof.
Dreadful, awful hole.
I must add that the girl on reception was helpful and nice.

Room Tip: To chose a good room go elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank HKinsey
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel and the "Executive Single" was just so awful it is hard to work out where to start. The miserable woman at reception set the scene really. I was shown wordlessly to a strange shaped room near to the Indian Restaurant. I thought I was in Royston Vasey.

The room layout was strange and there was a leather chair and an dirty antique trouser press in the bathroom "area". The washbasin, toilet and shower were all separate and there were no doors. The bathroom area was divided from the bedroom with a door curtain made of heavy metal discs that were positively dangerous to walk through.

The bed was a double bed (in the Exec Single) and it looked unmade. I pulled back the duvet to reveal dark blue creased sheets that had obviously already been slept in and there were numerous white stains. I will not hazard a guess to what they were but the whole place had an air of a house of ill repute.

The bedside table (an old coffee table) had bits of an old magazine stuck to it. After contemplating just how I was going to sleep in this dirty hovel without becoming flea infested I booked a room at the Travelodge just up the road and left by taxi. I was in the Oasis Hotel for just under an hour and could not wait to get out.

I had a lovely night at the uber clean Travelodge and would recommend that establishment to anyone. As for the Oasis Hotel, unless you are a prostitute looking for a room to do business then I would avoid it at all costs.

Room Tip: Go to the Travelodge up the road !!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Tikkineenee
Basildon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Did a bit of research on this place with the latest food standard agency and it got 0 out of 5 feel free to check and make your own minds up , the reviews made me think and they are right never stayed here but never would to find the fsa is 0 which mean urgent says it all

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
7 Thank Little D
Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I would not stay there if you paid me it is dirty uncomfortable and full of dodgy people I cant understand why anyone would want to back there in a million years I swould rather sleep in the park.The only good thing about the hotel is that it is easy to find

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank jedibr0wn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to The Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!