“Waiting to get stabbed”

The Oasis Hotel
The Oasis Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This place you can't even describe. it's like a scene from the film vacancy. Your just waiting for someone to come bursting through the door to kill you.
When we arrived there was a man at reception who couldn't seem to understand why 2 guys had booked a double room. Eventually he gave in and took us to our room which was across a flat roof when entering the room he asked if anyone was in there. At this point we should have just turned around and ran.
So the room well the window was boarded up, the wardrobe had an empty can of coke on in, the bin was full of rubbish, the bed was unclean with hairs and stains, the coffee cups were unclean the bathroom was an abomination. Didn't find out till later that it's used by the council to house crack heads, prostitutes and the homeless. This has to be the worst place on the planet I wouldn't come back if you paid me, absolutely disgusting.
BULLDOZE AND FINISH THIS PLACE OFF!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No chance to get a good room here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank MisterJames24

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Don't think sbout booking this plsce. We booked 5 double rooms in January to be told 2 dsys before that they had overbooked and they had no rooms for us. The staff were very unhelpful, with no understanding of our situation. They relocated us to another hotel - unfortunately they only msde the new booking for 5 people -not 5 rooms. Looking at the reviews we hsd a narrow escape - this looks like a terrible hotel and if they can't even get the bookings right there is no reason at all to consider booking. From a very disappointed family of 10 from Cumbria

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Terrible place. I was booked in by work for a week, I wish I had checked before I paid, I just didn't think places like this were still allowed! The room stank of drains, the bedding looked like it wasn't changed and I never saw a maid all week. The room next door was 'rented by the hour' so to speak and the place was used as a half way house for all kinds...HORRIFIC. DON'T stay here!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We booked this hotel in a rush and deeply regret it, I hope nobody else has the misfortune of staying at this hotel. It should have closed down years ago! Drug abuse and dealings taking place in the room next door open for us to hear through the walls. No hot water in room, a complaint was made through Late Rooms.com and they have refused to make any kind of refund and have simply ignored most of my comments.

This room was £50 but they should be paying people to stay there, it IS that bad. The roof was leaking inside the hotel down onto the stairs and the fixtures and fittings are rotten and dated.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not stay in this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This 'hotel' is an absolute disgrace. On first arrival, we were greeted by the sight of two police officers leaving the hotel whilst taking off latex gloves. There's also an assortment of strange and shadey looking characters walking around. On entry into the room, the smell of damp and musty air hit us and we were told the damp laminate floor was going to be fixed in 2 days. It had clearly been there for months if not years. It made the room smell of wet dogs. Disgusting. The fixtures were old, cheap and the whole hotel was dirty, dark, grim, grotty and rundown. The bedding was old and dated and so was the bathroom. The window had one of the locks missing, not particularly safe. After an hour out and about, we returned and decided that we couldn't stay in this hotel and it would be better to lose the £50 and go, rather than endure a night in this nightmarish 'hotel.' I use the term hotel loosely, its more like a halfway house or homeless shelter. I cannot stress enough that this horrible place should be avoided at all costs. I've travelled and love camping, but even that couldn't prepare me for a night in this hell hole. AVOID!!

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jaime R
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I can honestly say I looked this Hotel up tonight out of a morbid curiosity as I had tried to book into this hotel in 2008 for a business trip. Out of all my experiences even back in 2008 this place was just shocking, I never actually dared to put anything down in the room it stank that much, it made me heave. This was the time when smoking was allowed and I had asked for a smoke free room it was like a crack house. I think I last all of 5 minutes before I walked back to the desk and handed the keys back, I cannot believe this place is still going....it should be forcible shut down it is so disgusting even the cockroaches refuse to live there, I bet sleeping in the park is a better prospect....

I felt compelled to write this to exact my disgust on seeing that you can still stay here

Room Tip: The bins around the back are cleaner than the rooms. The only place where you wipe your feet on the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank AndyLev
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Just a nasty, horrible place to stay. I've never felt so unsafe.
The police were there a number of nights, breaking up fights or getting rid of the drug users. The room was dirty and incredibly dated. I didn't even attempt any of their food after seing the food hygine rating of 0. Dirty sheets, windows did not lock (not great when you have children) I honestly don't know how this place is still open to trade. I think it's disgusting that the council are funding this place to stay open by sending the homeless there. No one should have to stay there, even if they have no where else to go. My heart goes out to anyone who has the misfortune of having to stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank hil717
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Travelodge Harlow Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych
Down Hall Hotel & Spa
Down Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath

Been to The Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!