“Best value around...”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
London
“Best value around...”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had been doing the rounds of B&Bs in Harlow while my elderly mother was recovering in hospital. The first time I tried the Premier Inn at Harlow Mill it was full. I can now understand why. If you manage to book early enough the price is amazing. Basic hotel facilities, but the recently refurbished rooms are spectacular. Comfortable beds, new duvets and pillows, crisp white linens and a fan. They pride themselves on a good night sleep and that is exactly what I got. The bathrooms were all new, white and shiny, I couldn’t fault it. I have been back three times and at £42 per night it is a steal!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tororeal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Polish first
Trebrivan
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Clean and tidy with excellent service. Parking good and Beefeater restaurant next to it very good. No air conditioning in the room meant is was impossible to get a good nights sleep. Do not go there in the summer!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob J
Daventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A decent affordable hotel which suited our needs well. Breakfast, however (on a Sunday Morning) was slow in the very busy Beefeater on the same site. It was well cooked when it did arrive, although my wife's mini-omelette seemed somewhat meagre. If in a hurry, stick to the continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian H
Essex
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was far too hot, at 27 degrees all night long on the hottest day of the year. The heating temperature didn't work so we couldn't even switch it off and there are no phones in the rooms to ring down to reception. There was only two of us in this room and I dread to think how awful it would've been if we had little kids with bus as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex T
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Support at Premier Inn Harlow Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Note - I have written P I reviews in the past. Some good, some bad. So I like P I's. So needing to break my trip North from a long journey, decided to stay on spur of the moment returning from France. The girl on reception was really helpful and the evening meal was respectable. Breakfast on the other hand was a disgrace. How can you overcook a poached egg in a professional restaurant ? Seems as though the cook here can ! The waitress was a joke. A give us 5 minutes to work out what we are ordering, turned into 20. Plus it was designed to give me son a chance to get his stammer worked out, which around strangers is noticeable, and she kept interrupting him when he was trying to order his food. I promised I wouldn't have been so polite had my wife not been present. This on top of sitting a party of 6 in a booth all because we had children with us. I mean, come on, how are kids supposed to help themselves to the continental breakfast articles when they have to keep asking folks to move. Really ? I had to ask the waitress as obviously she hadn't a clue. Would love to say was merely a training issue.. but...
During the night, there were gulls screaming outside the bedroom window. I refuse to book there or recommend anyone to do so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jon B
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Harlow Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
Travelodge Harlow Hotel
Green Man Hotel
Green Man Hotel
#4 of 8 in Harlow
Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Premier Inn London Stansted Airport Hotel
Premier Inn London Stansted Airp...
#1 of 4 in Stansted Mountfitchet
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to Premier Inn Harlow Hotel? Share your experiences!