“How bad can it get?”

Ranked #95 of 145 Restaurants in Harlow
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am amazed this place remains in business. Appalling food, slow (over an hour wait) and staff that don't seem bothered. You pay in advance here and getting a refund requires filling in various bits of paper. Two hours of my life wasted, for what?

1  Thank Graham P
There are newer reviews for The Moorhen

Reviewed 5 August 2014

There was a sad man at the Morhen. This poor poor man, who ordered Scampi, received a disguised chicken nugget in his meal ! A CHICKEN NUGGET. Now you may think that a mere chicken nugget is not to threatening but this man is a pescetarian ... Whatever the hell that is ... Anyhow ... I digress ... The man decided that this was appalling so he stood up for himself ... Revealing the chicken nugget to the whole restaurant he took a stand for his pescetarian brothers and sisters, a brave and fearless man. After a furious and glorious battle, the man struck gold. Victory. What he had intended for had come true, a free meal and a free dessert, ...... I leave you at a cliffhanger ...... The moral of the story being ..... Grow up you pescetarian alien ..... You're a disgrace !

3  Thank Kieran F
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Just been today, have to say, people are so negative those days... Just a normal pub, pub food, cold beer, nice garden, don't expect thrills, just pub grab that is Hungry Horse menu, staff are ok, few foreign girls that are polite, bar staff reasonable, explaining all deals, will visit again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Food and staff was excellent.. I say u can't get the customers these days.. Lol.. With all the rubbish comments.. Staff try there best.. Not an easy job.. Pleasing all the people all the time.. So I say well done moorhen staff :)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

So, let me give you the background, me an my friends meeting up on a Tuesday evening to catch up. Thought it would be nice to go to what is the hungry horse. BOY was I WRONG. So the service first of all ... Well what service ?? Eventually got a table ordered good. I mean the pub feels a bit dirty I mean sticky tables an seats but you know... We get out food I'm a pescatarian .. I order scampi an chips half way through eating I plunge my fork into what looks like a scampi an cut it open to find ITS A CHICKEN NUGGET! What on earth!!! At first I was in denial! I mean this is a joke right? No wrong this was serious! I took it to the kitchen, the lady who is foreign ( don't get me wrong nothing against foreign people) I don't think understood how serious the problems was at first dismissed it an then said she would get me a new one ? As if it was nothing major! I then spoke to a manager who apologised an got me a fresh plate of food ( I know I must of been mad to say yes) she then said I could have a free desert ( after I said this is ridiculous) I chose one to then be told I can't have it because it was too expensive .... ERRMM you almost fed me a chicken nugget. An you can't spare me 99p???? Are you serious. Summing up the manager eventually gave me the desert after a good 10 min discussion! It was more a matter of principle for me! But to round of the customer service was ridiculous an appalling I mean it was a joke. The food and hygiene in this place is clearly awful because of the above an it is just so grimy! I don't recommend anyone going there unless you enjoy warm alcoholic drinks, cold food and a rubbish experience!

1  Thank IamtheExplorerS