“Good value for the money”

Mill Rythe Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
west oxfordshire
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just had a 3 day break with my family group 10 adults and 3 children. Rooms were very clean and tidy,every one of the staff we encountered could have not been more helpfull. The catering was amazing for the price we paid ,also the waiting staffwere very attentive. The only negative comment from my family was why is the music so painfully loud ,both for the childrens entertainment, even more for the adult show. We eventualy fitted earplugs to the small children, and us oldies opted for the lounge.

Room Tip: My family were at different locations on site and all was good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Great review and as always it's lovely to read that our teams on park are so highly thought of. I'm not sure what happened with regards to the loudness of the entertainment as this is something that is vigourously monitored so I will have a word with the Entertainments Manager on your behalf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My Fiance booked a 4 night break for us in April for my birthday. On the website the standard rooms looked first class. When we arrived we were given a room in the solent block which clearly had not been refurbished. It was awful, so we went to reception to upgrade. We were given an ambassador family room which had been updated, but we had to pay another £80. No very pleased with our first time experience. The entertainment and food was good but it still needs alot of updating.

Room Tip: Ambassador room in York was a sunny location with own patio area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine B
I'm sorry you were unhappy with your first grade of accommodation Lorraine but pleased that you were happy with your upgrade. It really is all about giving our guests as much choice as possible and the higher the grade, the better the accommodation and this is represented in the tariff charged
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my 8 year old son
Had a faultless weekend away staff very helpful our marcey who looked after us in the restaurant was amazing and so
Helpful ! The entertainment was top class my only slight moan was that it was a family break weekend and play live was only on the once ! Enjoyed the out door cinema , will be back for a Christmas break

• Stayed May 2014
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I was tempted to say Sssh, don't tell anyone but I would actually like it if you told everybody! I will pass on your kind comments to Marcey who will be thrilled to get a mention here & we will look forward to seeing you again at Christmas!
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We had a brilliant mid week break at mill rythe and had an excellent time this was our first visit and we were nervous of what the break would be like we usually fly somewhere staying in 4 or 5 star hotels.
We stayed in the ambassador rooms which were very clean and comfortable if I was looking for something to moan about it would be that we didn't have a double matress on the double bed don't get me wrong the mattressess were really comfortable just a bit of a ridge in the middle one tip I would give it would be go for a refurb room if you can there walk in showers room were really good before leaving we had a looknat some of the other chalets and were impressed even with the standard rooms ellie our room attendent was really good and looked after us well.
The entertainment was top rate and the team fantastic only thing I would say is that we would have prefered less of the formal and line dancing a bit more disco a bit early so I could have had a boogie would have maid it perfect.
Food only fualt we could find was with the omelletes though this I think was a one off as the others in our party had good omellets mine was over cooked. Breakfast was supurb altough rather early at 0800 would have been better if it was at 0830. The sercice was fantastic and Simmone was a superstar and made us feel very special when we come again I will be putting in a request to be on her tables she always had a smile even after working in the bar the night before.
The beauty salon is well worth a visitcand is resonably priced and had a supurb masssage
This was a suprisingly good british holiday at a good price will definately return

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thanks for your comments regarding Ellie & Simone & naturally I will ensure these are passed on, not only to the girls but also to their Line Managers, so that they too know how pleased you were with the service you received from them. Thanks also for your praise regarding the accommodation you stayed in & I'm pleased that you took the time to look at other grades during your holiday with us so that you can make an informed choice on your next visit. High praise indeed for our Beauty Salon & this too will be passed on!
atradiesvic
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was part of a large group staying at Mill rythe and overall I enjoyed the experience, we were at one of the dance themed events, but it was nice that there were other activities on offer too such as archery, axe throwing, boules etc. The entertainment staff were good fun. The swimming pool was nice, shame the Jacuzzi was out of action and I enjoyed the sauna. Food was alright, I liked the salad buffet. We were lucky with the weather, no rain all trip! room was ok, could have used a bit of TLC but it was close to everything.

Room Tip: Close to the amenities is good, but if you want an early night its better to be a bit further away f...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank atradiesvic
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Great review and really pleased that you pointed out the fact that even on themed weekends, we do have other activities on offer. This is all important stuff for would be guests to know when they are deciding where to go for their holidays. More praise for the Entertainments team I see & alsoI note you have left a handy room tip. Again, this is something others will find useful
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It cost me £84 for a two night stay for the Tribute Band Weekend in March2014. All together there were 8 adults in my party. We stayed in 4 chalets in “Weston” although on the dated side but they were very clean and tidy. The price included three full breakfasts and two 3 course evening meals plus entertainment on both nights. What more could you ask for!! The meals were excellent with so much choice. Your group get its own table that you keep throughout your stay with your own waiter. The entertainment was top notch. We saw Whitney Houston, Luther Vandross & Bon Jovi tribute acts and they were excellent. The prices in the bar are good and they don’t rip you off. You don’t have to pay extra for an entertainment pass (like some other places) it’s all included in the price. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. Ok if you want luxurious top of the range accommodation then pay for it and go elsewhere. How they manage to make a profit I don’t know when they give you so much for the price. Overall Mill Rythe is excellent and you cannot fault it. Top marks !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Honestly Mike, having read your review I don't know how we manage to provide all of that for that amount of money either! Seriously though, I'm really pleased you and your party enjoyed the tribute acts which were all particularly good and that the food was to your liking.
fareham
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We are regular visitors and were lucky enough to get in the Kingstone chalet again. First class accommodation and close to the ballroom. I have reviewed before and would say that it is still a good venue with polite staff ,great food and entertainment. This time one of our friends could not come due to heart problems and was upset as he really liked the HI DE HI themes. Full marks to Bill Sharpe the entertainer/conjurer who took time out to write a get well letter with a photograph.. Thank you Bill,our friend now has this framed and hopes to be at Mill Rythe in July to thank you personally.

Room Tip: If possible try to book rooms close to the main centre as its not nice walking to the furthest chale...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 195ollie
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks for another great review and I have to say what a genuinely nice thing for Bill Sharpe to have done, especially in an age when things like this don't happen nearly as much as they should do. As always, I was thrilled to read your review & we look forward to being of service to you again in July!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
The Crown
The Crown
#4 of 4 in Emsworth
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North

Been to Mill Rythe Holiday Village? Share your experiences!