“Nice family holiday”

Mill Rythe Holiday Village
Ranked #1 of 14 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Party of 14 of us enjoyed a great weekend age range from 4 - 69. Children 4,5,6,14 & 15 loved it, swimming soft play, tennis, archery, ping pong, netball, crazy golf all on tap. Food is very good, chalets could do with a bit of an upgrade but for the price we paid ... BARGAIN great time had by all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janandco18
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

You've got it Jan - it's all about affordability! Glad to learn you all had a great time, especially the kids, which is some going given the age range in your family. Hope to see you back again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Our fourth visit to bring elderly relatives to a Forces Reunion. How the place has improved. In giving an overall rating you need to take account of the cost paid and we have no hesitation in rating it as excellent. The food was outstanding for all meals and with the wide choice was suited to self and wife and the elderly relatives. Pizzas are superb and the Beef Madras was something special. Cooked breakfasts were brilliant and good portions. Our rooms were perfectly clean and adequate for what we paid. Entertainment in evenings was ideal for the elderly visitors, there did not appear to be any young families on site that weekend. As always the staff were outstanding and friendly, it seems a happy ship. Mill Rythe seem to have done away with Happy Hour in the bar (fortunately) and prices are not cheap but they now offer a "proper" draft beer and Leffe which is unusual but well worth the cost. Would far rather pay for the quality and it is perhaps the bar cost which puts Mill Rythe in the position of being able to offer such low holiday costs. Cannot comment on the activities as we did not try any. For our type of stay it was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HimnHer_12
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Wow, you two must really love the Forces Reunion in order for this to be your 4th visit. Your appraisal made for very happy reading indeed and personally I would have to agree with you regarding the drinks on tap (especially the Belgian Beer) though I daresay others may feel differently!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been coming to mill rythe lots of times over the years and it never fails to please, The food and the cleanliness is first class.
The shows were fantastic, along with the very talented entertainment team,There is not one person in any department who i would pick out as Special, as to me they were all special and willing to help should you need it. Looking forward to my next holiday, which i booked before we left to come home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the 5 star review John & especially for the lovely things you have said about our team. You're right, of course, they are all a special bunch of people who go out of their way to ensure our guests have a good time. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

From arriving on the Monday to leaving on the Friday we had a fantastic time. The entertainment was fantastic especially the best of the movies and musicals show. The entertainment team were a group of very talented people who together made a tight knit team. When we stayed one of the visiting acts was Buzz D'Aangelo who did a Ray Charles tribute act which was really good.
The food was of a high standard and nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff.
We had such a good time that when we got home we immediately booked for Turkey and Tinsel with the extra Sunday to see Slade.
I have since separated from my partner normally I would have cancelled the holiday but there is such a good atmosphere at Mill Rythe I have decided to go on my own which I can't wait for.

Room Tip: I had the cheapest accommodation which was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George T

I'm sorry to hear of your separation George but I'm delighted to read that you are still coming to us for our Turkey & Tinsel break. I'm glad that the atmosphere at the park is one where you know you will still have a great time even if you do come alone.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I've just come back from a trip to Mill Rythe Holiday Village and an experience that was somewhat interesting.

I arrived late and the staff on site were really helpful. They helped me to locate my friends and made check in really easy.

I was quite disappointed in the room. It was completely different to what was pictured on the website. The room was very dated, the beds super uncomfortable and the shower was useless. Our windows seem to have been nailed open and we had to use our towels to try and stop some of the draft from rattling our doors. It was a super windy weekend so as you can imagine, we didn't get a lot of sleep.

The food wasn't fantastic and it was quite frustrating that it wasn't all "serve yourself." The queue for lunch from the cafe was diabolical and it took over an hour for us to receive our substandard (but quite expensive) lunch.

We had a go at the archery which I thoroughly enjoyed. The rep who showed us what to do was great fun and adapted to our groups needs.

The staff were great and it's a shame that the accommodation and facilities weren't up to the same standard. The pool and the arcade could do with an upgrade and it would really improve the place if there was a more diverse range of entertainment - not everyone enjoys cabaret shows!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PlainLauraJane

I was so disappointed to read your review Laura Jane as you can see it was not typical of what is usually experienced by our guests. If it were, we wouldn't be ranked as highly as we are on this site however I do also know that all aspects of a guest's holiday really boils down to personal taste.Thank you for taking the time to post your review,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just had a 3 day break with my family group 10 adults and 3 children. Rooms were very clean and tidy,every one of the staff we encountered could have not been more helpfull. The catering was amazing for the price we paid ,also the waiting staffwere very attentive. The only negative comment from my family was why is the music so painfully loud ,both for the childrens entertainment, even more for the adult show. We eventualy fitted earplugs to the small children, and us oldies opted for the lounge.

Room Tip: My family were at different locations on site and all was good
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Greg L, Guest Relations Manager at Mill Rythe Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Great review and as always it's lovely to read that our teams on park are so highly thought of. I'm not sure what happened with regards to the loudness of the entertainment as this is something that is vigourously monitored so I will have a word with the Entertainments Manager on your behalf

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My Fiance booked a 4 night break for us in April for my birthday. On the website the standard rooms looked first class. When we arrived we were given a room in the solent block which clearly had not been refurbished. It was awful, so we went to reception to upgrade. We were given an ambassador family room which had been updated, but we had to pay another £80. No very pleased with our first time experience. The entertainment and food was good but it still needs alot of updating.

Room Tip: Ambassador room in York was a sunny location with own patio area
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine B

I'm sorry you were unhappy with your first grade of accommodation Lorraine but pleased that you were happy with your upgrade. It really is all about giving our guests as much choice as possible and the higher the grade, the better the accommodation and this is represented in the tariff charged

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
The Bear Hotel
#4 of 4 in Havant
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth

Been to Mill Rythe Holiday Village? Share your experiences!