I visited Mill Rythe in Aug 2010 and was not impressed, however, four years on and reading reviews on here, we decided to give it another go and this time the difference was notable.
Firstly, all the staff are really friendly, from the receptionist, the waitress and cleaners and maintenance men and entertainers.
The children loved both the outdoor and indoor pool, in fact the indoor pool was so warm it was like a bath, plus they all enjoyed the extra activities that we booked, the zorbing in the pool was a hit.
The breakfast and evening meals were always a good variety and enjoyed.
The evening entertainment was really good if you are into that, in fact the last night Musical production was fantastic.
The accommodation on the whole was ok, we stayed in Alton, it was clean and the beds were very comfortable and it was close to all the amenities.
Ok, now for the slight negatives....
Accommodation, there were 5 of us in the chalet, I was sharing a bed with my daughter and the teenagers were in the separate room, it was very small really for our party! Also, although I can see that the room has been upgraded, the bathroom was awful, there was black mould on the tiles and most were chipped and broken, just not nice however I am sure that in time the bathrooms will be refurbished.
The restaurant was extremely hot, and felt a bit over crowded.
Some activities for the kids incur a charge which is fine however I had to queue for over half an hour to get the kids booked in, maybe a better system could be looked into, plus worth noting that they only accept cash not cards!
However these are all quite minor and I can see that the new owners are on the right track, my kids want to come back. If you are expecting something like Centre Parcs, you might be a tad disappointed however you are not paying Centre Parc prices, all in all a great holiday, good value, well done!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mill Rythe is nestled away on the western side of Chichester Harbour on Hayling Island. Our intimate Holiday Village offers something for everyone.We know how important your leisure time is and so you can be sure that we work hard to deliver just what you are looking for. That's why you can enjoy a wide array of experiences at Mill Rythe Holiday Village. It's perfectly located, easy to find and has everything you need for a great getaway.Ideal For EveryoneWe have many breaks throughout the year that are perfect for everyone to enjoy. Adults, children, groups, couples and families will find something ideal for everyone to enjoy.Lovely Food We have an excellent Head Chef called Steve Steere. He and his team work hard to provide you with a wide variety of great tasting dining options.Holiday Accommodation A good selection of accommodation is available to suit your needs and budget. We have 4 ranges available from Budget right up to Celebration Suites. Plus we have interconnecting rooms available for families.Great for Groups We play host to many special events, large groups, product launches, conferences, associations, social clubs etc. If you are looking for a great destination for your group we may well be what you are looking for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mill Rythe Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village Hotel Hayling Island
- Mill Rythe Holiday Village Hayling Island, Hampshire