“Great customer service, nice afternoon tea”

The Brasserie at The Langstone Hotel
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great customer service, nice afternoon tea”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I got this deal from Groupon; the rail ride was great and after that we headed to Langstone hotel for an afternoon tea; the staff was very helpful and always smiled; I had espresso coffee and hubby a white monkey tea, served with scones, butter and jam; I liked the atmosphere and the service; the food was tasty - warm and soft scones; the hotel needs improvements, I can't give 4*; overall it was a well spent time and another good deal from Groupon

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great steak and chips and contemporary food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited twice during a stay at the Langstone. I loved my steak. Well hung beef perfectly cooked to order with decent tasty chips and sauce. Simple maybe but difficult to get right as we all know. Everyone else enjoyed their fish, risotto, meat dishes. We enjoyed it so much we went again on the third night of our stay.

Visited September 2013
portland uk
“Highlight of the LangstonNoe hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The restaurant is the highlight of the attached hotel. Food and presentation was higher than expected. The restaurant manager was very efficient without being intrusive but his staff needs more training especially when he is not in residence. Breakfast was standard and not up to the hotels star rating. For potential breakfast diners I can not recommend you ask for an omelette. When we, my wife and I did so whilst staying at the attached hotel we waited over 17 minutes for the requested omelette and when it appeared it was so big to be uneatable and a waste of food.
Management talk note and retrain your breakfast cooks!!!
When they get it right the food is great - when not -the food - leave a lot to be desired.
Would we eat at the restaurant again? Maybe
Would we go out of our way to eat there = NO

• Visited August 2014
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Is this the Best Risotto in the World? Yes! I'd give 10/10 Phenomenal”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Smoked Salmon, Scallop Roe & pea Risotto that we had for Sunday Lunch about a month ago was utterly amazing, no make that Utterly Phenomenal.

It’s got to be the very best risotto that I’ve ever eaten in my life & the flavours are just banging & bursting like a sensational firework of delight exploding in your mouth.

I’ve got to give this 10/10 & I very rarely do that.

Add a quality glass or bottle of chardonnay with it & you will have a wonderful lunchtime.

The fact that it only costs £15.95 for two courses, with at high tide a lovely sea view is simply remarkable.

Reward yourself to amazing food & amazing value.

I just hope that they keep it on the menu & better still, please can I have the recipe as well?

Phenomenal is my verdict.
Ptol Slattery

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ptol S
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Excellent meal with attentive service, good choice and well presented.The restaurant is of a higher standard than the hotel

• Visited July 2014