“I really enjoyed my stay.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Cockle Warren Cottage
Ranked #4 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Swanmore, England, United Kingdom
“I really enjoyed my stay.”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

It was one of the best B&B s I have ever stayed in. I got a very friendly welcome. Which I needed at this time in my life, being recently widowed. Nothing was too much trouble. I had a room overlooking the sea, which was lovely. Very quiet too. Kate is a lovely friendly person. The breakfast plentiful, and well cooked. Also cereal, fresh fruit and fruit juices. I went home feeling much better after my stay. I recommend this lovely friendly place. Beach just across the road

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the sea, I found the view lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pam T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Directly opposite the beach. We had a spacious room with ensuite bathroom inside main house with a freshly decorated feel about it. Hostess, Kate, was lovely, bubbly and attentive. Breakfast lovely in conservatory. Pool, not yet open, but felt inviting. Comfortable lounge and outside sitting area. Would return. ..................

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deborah C
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 4 February 2013

If you are looking for comfy beds, a seaview, close to amenties, great pubs and good walks, this is it. Fabulous. Kate the host is constant and provides a great breakfast. Nothing too much trouble. Dogs welcome in the annexe/coach house. The leisure facilities relates to the outside pool, delightful in the summer.

Room Tip: The Coach House or front bedrooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeniseASurrey_UK
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The Cockle Warren Cottage was a delight! The hosts epitomise the meaning of 'hospitality'. They are warm and professional in their delivery of service. I loved every minute of my stay there. The room was clean & attractive with everything to support your comfort. The location is perfect - across the road from the seaside and two doors down from an exceptionally pleasant pub called "The Olive Leaf" - which served fantastic meals. I will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Colleen G
Reviewed 29 September 2012 via mobile

Booked room over phone sounded great , on arrival greeted by owner very pleasant , as for room 1 well attention to detail not good , they had not check room before my arrival carpet was dirty not hoovered tea tray not cleaned sugar and crumbs all over if , someone's pubic hair in bed not good , breakfast landlady very load and on your face , breakfast food not a lot burnt bacon , sounds like I'm being picky but if they sharpen up it could be good value .

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Amazing location right opposite the beach. We stayed in a family room separate from the main house, beautifully decorated and so homely and cosy. Our hosts couldn't have been more welcoming. We would highly recommend staying here and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed September 2012
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have just come back from a 2 night stay at the Cockle Warren in Hayling Island. The welcome was very warm, and the room clean with En-suite. Lovely location right on the sea front. Breakfast was good. Overall lovely place to stay, would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back overlooking the swimming pool, which was lovely, but ask for a front bedro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel
The Clarence Hotel
The Clarence Hotel
#1 of 39 in Portsmouth

Been to Cockle Warren Cottage? Share your experiences!