“Best place ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Cockle Warren Cottage
Ranked #4 of 14 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at Cockle Warren for two nights - a return trip after many enjoyable trips there. Kate is fantastic and so helpful - she knows I like Halloween and as we stayed Halloween night even left me a pumpkin to carve!!!! We always have the large outside room as we take our dog, and it is always very clean, warm and comfortable.
For anyone thinking of taking a dog, it is an ideal place. Just across the road is a pebble beach and lots of nice walks.
Thanks for another great break Kate, will be back soon.

Room Tip: Outdoor rooms are brilliant if taking a dog.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alipip

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Once again. Faultless, I simply cannot understand The German review, but generally they are very hard to please anyway. The Cocklewarren is always quality, fabulous welcome. Clean warm and comfortable. Breakfast is brilliant. There is not a better place to stay in Hayling....

Room Tip: We like room 6 the annexe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DeniseASurrey_UK
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We returned for a second stay at this great B&B on the seafront. Kate was brilliant as usual; nothing is too much trouble for her. The breakfasts are among the best we have had. This excellent B&B is available for bookings until the end of April 2014 when it will then become (for the summer months) a holiday let for families looking for a large comfortable house by the sea complete with swimming pool. After Kate has had a break it will revert to B&B in the autumn 2014. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: The Retro "room" on the ground floor has a separate bedroom, a lounge and a shower room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was looking for a hotel in the area to go to the Goodwood Revival. Everything was fully booked until I found the Cockle Warren Cottage. Lucky for me they'd had a cancellation.
Lovely comfortable clean room,
great breakfast and friendly service.
Located right on the seafront, it is perfect for a walk on the beach. Close to Portsmouth and Chichester so the shoppers will be happy.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank John M
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We just spent a couple of nights here which we found by accident and what a little cracker of a place. Kate and her staff were so welcoming and everything about Cockle Warren Cottage is just perfect. Beach just across the road, parking for free, the breakfast was excellent and my husband is fussy but nothing was too much trouble. Everything was spotless and even the beds were super comfy. The pool was a surprise but sadly I hadn't packed my swimming costume something I intend to rectify next year when the weather is warmer.

We hadn't realised how quickly we can get down to Hayling Island from W. London but will certainly be going again next Summer. I thoroughly recommend it and they even like dogs and children if you have any... although I'd prefer to have the pool to myself if you don't mind lol..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tanith77
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Me and my husband stayed here last weekend with our puppy Albert. We were a little concerned as Albert is renowned for barking v early in the morning, but even he was so relaxed in the room that he didn't make a sound! I was unsure if the room would be clean and a bit smelly as this was our first time in a dog friendly place. But it was the cleaniest B and B we have stayed in, both days it was cleaned so well. The owner Kate and her lovely friend Lyn are beyond nice, friendly and helpful nothing is too much trouble for them. The breakfast was excellent and they even catered for me being a veggie and for us having Albert. It really was a home from home. My only complaint is that at some point next year Kate is stopping doing the B & B. We (and especially Albert) are gutted but...we will go back before then and enjoy it. Thanks Kate and Lyn!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My Husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend. Lovely and clean good food and great people. Best stay in a small hotel ever. Will be back soon Thanks Kate and Lyn.xx Weather was great too all in all top place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple