“Langstone Hotel - worth a trip over the causeway to Hayling Island!”
Review of Langstone Hotel

Langstone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay at the Langstone Hotel, which we used as a halfway-house for exploring Portsmouth and Southampton. Bedroom and public rooms clean and comfortable, with a good pool and leisure centre. The staff were very cheerful and friendly, with helpful advice. We were blown away by the evening meal, which was beautifully judged - the duck was delicious, and a very palatable glass of wine to accompany it. It was delightful being able to step out of the dining room and look out over the water, despite the drizzle. A lovely spot and a refreshing break.

Room Tip: We had a room close to the stairs with a view of the garden, which was pleasant and easily accessed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelcareteam, General Manager at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am delighted your stay was an enjoyable one and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Clint Marsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Enjoyed our weekends away and odd Saturday nights here.The food was fantastic and all washed down with a cracking bottle of red. Quality Hotel, with friendly staff & Spa. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langstone Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend as my birthday treat with a groupon and it was absolutely beautiful! The staff were friendly, there were great facilities, a swimming pool, sauna, gym, exercise classes. The room was lovely, it was clean, well decorated and had everything we needed. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and in the bar area another night and it was beautiful both times. I would definitely stay again and will be recommending it highly to all friends and family, thank you, you made my birthday truly special and one I will never forget :-)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelcareteam, General Manager at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Firstly happy Birthday.

I was so delighted to read your feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel and that we helped make your birthday so special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langstone Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely evening of fun with my wife and friends February 21st at the murder mystery evening themed Allo Allo. The food was excellent company very nice throughout the room. The group organising the event kept the entertainment going with clues, music, announcements, and lots of wit. I would strongly recommend anyone considering this type of event to bite the bullet and give it a go, this was our first time and defo will not be our last. One final bit of praise goes to the Langstone hotel and also the staff, they all worked well, always polite and the food was as I said before excellent. Many thanks Dave Brewer ...Aka Ricky the pub owner in the theme.
M

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Davidsfc

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed the Murder Mystery event that you attended at the hotel.

This is a new concept for us which we are all very proud of. I will of course pass your comments onto the team along with my own personal thanks.

We have three new themes being launched for April, May and June and hope you will be able to join us for one of these.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

They've tarted this place up since we last stayed several years ago, and it shows. It looks as if they're mainly aiming for the corporate meeting and wedding markets. The rooms are generously large, with ghastly carpets that look they were bought from the local cinema multiplex, the beds are (for me, anyway) too soft. There's a nice telly on the wall. The bathroom looked nice, but the shower flooded the area around the loo, and water took a while to drain out of the sink. There were 2 loo-roll holders, but nowhere to put soap / shampoo in the shower - odd. The rooms are a surprisingly long walk from reception. Internet access is free, but for the first hour only. Breakfast was good - nice view too. Reception staff are pleasant enough, although when I complained about being charged for internet access, (which was well under the free-hour), the receptionist said that she's let me off 'this time'; which made me feel a bit like I'd been dishonest - which isn't the best impression to have on leaving, for the last time..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

These comments have been highlighted to the management team and will be addressed to ensure it does not reoccur in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed here now on four occasions as part of a large party. Great outlook across the local inlets. Bedrooms a good size. Quality of hotel is generally good. Food very good though they seem to have an ongoing issue with cold plates for hot meals. Last year the portions were stingy but this seems to have been addressed. Decor is starting to look a bit tired. Staff could be a bit more cheerful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I was surprised to read your comments regarding cold plates and have asked my Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to review and address this ASAP.

The decoration of the hotel is very important to us and I am pleased to say that we have just employed a new decorator and hope you will see some changes in the near future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I would like to thank Dominie for all her help. When a planned trip for a 60th birthday went very wrong. The Langstone were great, fitted all 15 of us in & planned afternoon tea & dinner. Great stay.Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of the Langstone Hotel.

Comments such as yours are very much appreciated as the team and myself are committed to a high standard of customer service and it is pleasing to receive such positive feedback. I have personally thanked Dominie for the help she gave to you and your party.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!