“Enjoyable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
York, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

The booking was very simple, the room was excellent, the facilities were of a very high standard. There was a wedding reception going on, however, the site was sufficiently well designed to enable those people to enjoy their evening whilst allowing others to enjoy space and amenities undisturbed. Noise no problem at all. Breakfast very comprehensive and plenty of staff in assistance.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback without which we are unable to continually improve our service and facilities.

I was delighted to learn that your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel was an enjoyable one and I have passed your comments onto the team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the future

Yours sincerely,

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a suprise weekend away for me from my boyfriend (as he was going to propose) and wanted everything to be perfect. The hotel was lovely but two nights running there was a white transit van parked in the driveway blocking the view from the bar. The hotel room was extremely hot and no air conditioning. We awaited 45 mins fo ra bowl of chips at lunch time and when a member of staff was asked there was no apology just "I will check" and it wasn't until asked a second time we asked that the food came. We then ordered sandwiches then came out, thrown together (as we had already waited for the chips I guess they hurried!) no napkin, knife or fork,!!! We advised the staff at front desk and they were very good at removing the food off our bill. To celebrate our enagagement we went down to the restaurant at 8.15pm. There was no water placed on the table, no wine list given and were not even asked if we would like any drinks. Member of staff came " can I take your order" I think service would have been better in Macdonals, we asked for drink she replied "what would you like, we then asked for the wine list". A chilli was ordered that was tastless, the dessert that was ordered (menu advised allow 15 minutes cooking) 25 minutes later we were still waiting and when asked the dessert came and to be fair the dessert was deducted from our bill because of the wait. Said that a nice hotel let down by poor service and manners!!!!

2 Thank Safeena-Holiday
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you both on your recent engagement.

I was disappointed to read your review and this does not reflect the usual high standards of customer service that the Langstone Hotel prides itself on.

Your comments have been highlighted to the management team and will be addressed to ensure it does not reoccur in the future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'd booked this hotel for a Saturday night just as a bit of a stopover on a weekend away. It looked lovely from across the bridge as we drove onto Hayling Island and had was excellently located by the marina. From the outside, it's still a '60s type build and so isn't massively attractive (apart from the rounded restaurant), but inside it has been fully refurbished to a great standard. Our room was huge and had large mirrored in-built wardrobe doors, coffee and tea making facilities and a very comfy bed. I loved that the bathroom was a wet-room and it was clean and modern. We had a lovely dinner in the Brasserie and took advantage of the excellent breakfast the next morning. Even though there was a wedding taking place downstairs, it wasn't noisy, the restaurant wasn't too full and they weren't massively busy for breakfast, making this a very comfortable and relaxing stay indeed. Plus, the addition of Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers in the lobby on checkout was a good end to the trip...

1 Thank Lucy M
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel was an enjoyable one and I have passed your comments onto the team who will be delighted!

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went on a afternoon relax with a Groupon. Very nice facility's and enjoyable swim and sauna. Afternoon tea looking over the harbour was great. Staff polite and helpful. All for £30 for two well worth checking out.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to review your recent visit to the Langstone Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was so pleased to read that your visit was an enjoyable one.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Fleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

i booked a saturday night stay and 3 course meal through travel zoo ,as a deal.Ipaid extra for a superior room ,which was very nice,but it had a view of the car park and bins which i didnt expect.As i had upgraded the room and the hotel overlooks the sea ,i did expect a sea view,but it appears all the upgraded rooms are on the ground floor .That out the way,we had a really good stay and the meal in the brasserie was excellent,and ,although they were very busy,being a saturday night,the service was good aswell.We also used the spa facilities loved the pool/sadly the sauna was out of action,but enjoyed the steam room and jacuzzi.
There were alot of different functions on that evening ,but everybody seemed happy and well looked after.The breakfast ,in the morning was also very good with hot help yourself buffet,and waitress service,I would definately go there again and recomend it .

Room Tip: superior was good but not a view .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maureen b
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Langstone Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had a pleasant stay with us on the whole.

Our luxury rooms are located on both the ground and first floor of the hotel and we do have a number of harbour view rooms that can be requested but unfortunately we are unable to guarantee.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the Langstone Hotel in the future.

Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for one night on Wednesday the 6th May on the way back from the south east coast as a stopover to avoid the long drive home. The hotel looked lovely on the internet when we booked.
On arrival we were greeted by a the receptionist who made us wait while she finished off her phone conversation. She had a strange habit of adding "for me" at the end of a request. She asked us if we wanted a ground floor or first floor room. We opted for the first floor as I thought the view would be better. We got to the room and found it overlooked the health club car park. We didn't complain as we didn't fancy lugging the cases back down the stairs (no lift) and it was for one night anyway.
The room was nice and large. Clean, modern and minimalistic (we booked a superior) I liked the free bottle of water and choccy bar. The bathroom had a wet room type shower but the extractor fan didn't work so turned into a foggy sauna when showering. (There was a warning sticker on the shower cautioning us to shut the door when showering as it will set off the fire alarm).
We tried to have a siesta in the afternoon but gave up because of the noise of the health club users coming and going right under our window.

We came back early evening from a lovely dinner at a marina fish restaurant to the south of the island and decided to have a drink in the hotel bar.It was full of businessmen and women talking loudly. I was a bit confused as to what type of beer they served as none of the draught pumps had any labels on...unusual.
The bed was good but we were woken from our slumbers at 6.20am by the leisure club users arriving in their cars and having a noisy gossip right under our window while they waited for the doors to be opened. Cars came and went until we could take no more and went down for breccy at 8.20.
We waited by the restaurant door expecting someone to register us in and show us a table but after 5 mins a nice guest told us just to find a table ourselves (as he had done) as there were no staff to be seen anywhere. We chose a table by the window with a view, moved all the dirty crockery from previous guests onto another table and sat down. We noticed other guests waiting by the door so advised them to find their own table. They too had to clear a table for themselves (all of the tables were full of left over dirty crockery). I was tucking into my cereals when a nice waitress, who looked flustered, appeared and asked us if we wanted some tea from the big pot she was offering. I accepted but couldn't drink it...it tasted and looked like the water in the bay we could see through the dirty windows. Two more waitresses then appeared and started to clear the rest of the tables. Unfortunately I didn't realise that I had chosen a seat right by the staff workstation thing where all the cutlery is kept. So I had to endure the clanking of cutlery right behind me while they relaid all the tables. I left most of my cooked breakfast of plastic sausages,hard boiled mushrooms, slushy scrambled eggs and bacon, washed down by watered down cut price orange juice/squash, while my girlfriend waited for her fried eggs cooked to order which she had to eat on their own when they arrived as she had already finished her bacon before it got cold.

I mentioned to the nice girl on reception about the noisy health club members when we checked out and she did apologise.

To be fair, we should have done some more research on the hotel before we booked and we were spoilt by the previous lovely hotels and views we stayed in on our trip. I think the Langstone is more suited to businessmen/women and keepfitters than a hotel for holiday makers.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 260 unless you're getting up early.
2 Thank Mike W
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was a Groupon offer so the price was good.
We enjoyed the use of the pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc. good size of pool and spotless facilities, towels also provided. Staff were all very friendly.

We then went into the Brasserie and enjoyed our afternoon tea and bubbly. Lovely choice of teas, tasty sandwiches and delicious scones and cakes. We couldn't manage all the cakes so staff very kindly wrapped them in tinfoil so we could take them home. The waiter was very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Newtown House Hotel
Newtown House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Hayling Island
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Brookfield Hotel
Number Four Boutique Hotel
Number Four Boutique Hotel
#1 of 38 in Portsmouth
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!