“Last minute getaway”
Review of Langstone Hotel

Langstone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed 17 May 2014

this was a last minute getaway to a lovely hotel, very quiet location, very friendly staff, excellent service and very good price. We were ugraded by the reception staff when we asked to use the spa as this was a relaxation getaway break for us & could we hire a robe. The dinner was fabulous especially the Heston b style dessert with nitrogen! Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelcareteam, General Manager at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your feedback and that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Langstone Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Clint Marsh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Just stayed here for a week on business and hotel is fine, Clean and comfy, food is ok and its in a really nice location but the staff are just brilliant, Clare in the bar is great fun and nothing was too much trouble for her, Chelsea in the restaurant was smiling at 11.00 last night and again at breakfast this morning, Pauline even gave me her banana because she overheard me say I fancied one and finally Hollie for making everything run smoothly with our course room and delegates. Thanks again, Andy Oliver Sales Manager TS

Room Tip: go for an upstairs room so you can open window at night as it does get a bit warm in summer
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Langstone Hotel.

I was pleased to read that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. I have passed your comments onto the individual staff members and their line managers.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Arrived to a very unfriendly receptionist. Icy cool !!. Room OK overlooking the creek, but the shower flooded the bathroom. 3 nights, 3 noisy wedding receptions later I needed a retreat so headed for the spa, which had areas that looked really grotty. But my biggest gripe is Wi-Fi. On the crib sheet in the room it states that there is an Ethernet cable in the top drawer in the room that will connect you to Free Wi-Fi. Miss Ice in reception gave me a code for 1 hours free Wi-Fi then you have to pay. What bit of the word complimentary means you pay after 1 hour.
It was also pretty grim to see the spoils of the wedding reception such as glasses empty bottles and cans and vomit in the car park in the mornings
I will not return, shame as the location is stunning.

Room Tip: Creek side rooms are OK as you miss the main reception spa and car park noise
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Melissa276

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience here with us at the Langstone Hotel.

I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you directly as your experience does not reflect the usual high standards that the Langstone prides itself on. If you would like please email me on dos@langstonehotel.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The booking was very simple, the room was excellent, the facilities were of a very high standard. There was a wedding reception going on, however, the site was sufficiently well designed to enable those people to enjoy their evening whilst allowing others to enjoy space and amenities undisturbed. Noise no problem at all. Breakfast very comprehensive and plenty of staff in assistance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback without which we are unable to continually improve our service and facilities.

I was delighted to learn that your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel was an enjoyable one and I have passed your comments onto the team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the future

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a suprise weekend away for me from my boyfriend (as he was going to propose) and wanted everything to be perfect. The hotel was lovely but two nights running there was a white transit van parked in the driveway blocking the view from the bar. The hotel room was extremely hot and no air conditioning. We awaited 45 mins fo ra bowl of chips at lunch time and when a member of staff was asked there was no apology just "I will check" and it wasn't until asked a second time we asked that the food came. We then ordered sandwiches then came out, thrown together (as we had already waited for the chips I guess they hurried!) no napkin, knife or fork,!!! We advised the staff at front desk and they were very good at removing the food off our bill. To celebrate our enagagement we went down to the restaurant at 8.15pm. There was no water placed on the table, no wine list given and were not even asked if we would like any drinks. Member of staff came " can I take your order" I think service would have been better in Macdonals, we asked for drink she replied "what would you like, we then asked for the wine list". A chilli was ordered that was tastless, the dessert that was ordered (menu advised allow 15 minutes cooking) 25 minutes later we were still waiting and when asked the dessert came and to be fair the dessert was deducted from our bill because of the wait. Said that a nice hotel let down by poor service and manners!!!!

2  Thank Safeena-Holiday

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor.

May I take this opportunity to congratulate you both on your recent engagement.

I was disappointed to read your review and this does not reflect the usual high standards of customer service that the Langstone Hotel prides itself on.

Your comments have been highlighted to the management team and will be addressed to ensure it does not reoccur in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'd booked this hotel for a Saturday night just as a bit of a stopover on a weekend away. It looked lovely from across the bridge as we drove onto Hayling Island and had was excellently located by the marina. From the outside, it's still a '60s type build and so isn't massively attractive (apart from the rounded restaurant), but inside it has been fully refurbished to a great standard. Our room was huge and had large mirrored in-built wardrobe doors, coffee and tea making facilities and a very comfy bed. I loved that the bathroom was a wet-room and it was clean and modern. We had a lovely dinner in the Brasserie and took advantage of the excellent breakfast the next morning. Even though there was a wedding taking place downstairs, it wasn't noisy, the restaurant wasn't too full and they weren't massively busy for breakfast, making this a very comfortable and relaxing stay indeed. Plus, the addition of Darth Vader and two Stormtroopers in the lobby on checkout was a good end to the trip...

1  Thank Lucy M

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback.

I was delighted to learn that your stay with us at the Langstone Hotel was an enjoyable one and I have passed your comments onto the team who will be delighted!

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went on a afternoon relax with a Groupon. Very nice facility's and enjoyable swim and sauna. Afternoon tea looking over the harbour was great. Staff polite and helpful. All for £30 for two well worth checking out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to review your recent visit to the Langstone Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was so pleased to read that your visit was an enjoyable one.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!