“Great Hotel, Just don't book a stay in the summer!!!”
Review of Langstone Hotel

Langstone Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
“Great Hotel, Just don't book a stay in the summer!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

The langstone is ranked a 4 star hotel with luxury rooms!! The staff are welcoming, its very clean and well maintained, the bar and resturant prices are a little high but you would expect that with a 4 star rated hotel. The only major issue I have is with the so called luxury rooms not having air conditioning!!! We had 5 in one room (me, my wife and three kids) and the room was just unbearable hot and the window only opened about 2". the fan supplied was just inadequate for the room temperature, When we asked for a second fan we were told they only had one for each room in the hotel..
So if your looking for a 4 star hotel in the summer and don't mind not sleeping!!! book this one if you do want to sleep comfortable look elsewhere!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carl F
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Langstone Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that your stay was not as you expected. Like our main local competitors, we do not have air conditioning in our bedrooms and our advertising is reflective of this. Large oscillating tower fans have been provided in each bedroom for guest comfort. We do have spare fans in the hotel although the demand on these has been great during the recent hot spell.

For health and safety purposes, our windows are set to open to 2 inches although there are instructions on how to override this by the windows.

Again, please accept my apologies that your stay was not up to your expectations but I hope that we might be able to welcome you back in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
Hengoed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel facilities such as pool, gym, sauna, steam and jacuzzi is very good, rooms are comfortable and cleaned thoroughly, staff which was outstanding and welcoming were, Amy, Chelsea, Sophie, Leah, michael and Michelle,
Food was very good quality,
Drinks I thought was overpriced,
Would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. I have ensured that the staff members you mentioned and their respective line managers are aware of your comments also.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Langstone Hotel in the not too distant future.

UK
Reviewed 23 July 2014

So for a bit of variety the Langstone would be me next stay for three days.

Says 4*, Gym, lets see.......

Asked if I could upgrade, if Ididn't like room, told all full, so forget that......

Room - Dated, but spacious, comfortable, management have obviously listened to feedback regarding the air con, one big vertical oscilating fan on the table, not too noisy, but keeps you cool, much needed in this weather.

Dated how?, yes I can hear you.......

Slide open the mirror doors to reveal three sectional space

1. Contains place for you to hang up clothes, put your suitcase
2. Room safe
3. Fusebox, yes I did say fusebox on wall and coffee making bits

Lights in ceiling of this space, with missing bulbs..........lol

However, the room shower, brilliant, hot, powerful, plus you can take to cleanse the undercarriage, so all good.

Staff - friendly attentive, especially chaps at the bar, if you ask for extra towels, ask for pool size, standard here is small, can't blame them for not knowing HDUK got lot to dry....

Tried their fish & Chips & Beef with Mash (separately) lovely and good quantity as well as quality...

Da Brekkie - Got to lose star here, check this....

Two bits of fruit, melon and orange, not good start...
Saw a toasting machine, I kid you not, last time saw one of those was years ago - can still remember woman saying
"Don't expect to see this in a Hilton" - well Langstone says 4*, really?

Ooops breakfast out on the heated pans - you know HDUK hates this, but lets see....
I grab one of the cold plates, Scrambled eggs, beans, tomato, oh put me bread into toaster.

Sit me self down, lets order some coffee....
What - coffee machine in corner, I see a queue of bods with cup in hand, at coffee machine....No Man, this is 3* place.......

Finish me disappointing brekkie - could have had eggs anyway liked, according to menu on table, indeed..

Now you know HDUK, doesn't like negative, so must look for the good....

The Gym - Great, yup, found the good - adequate machines, good variety, had good workout, then leisure area, nice pool, small jacuzzi, OK Steam, but the Sauna, Man, proper old school, none of this controlled nonsense proper coals, grab the ladle, put the water, Man you will feel the heat, lovely, this made up for the brekkie.

Ask gym staff for pool size towels, their default is also the tea towel size...........lol

Would I go back Yep, the staff, food (not brekkie) and gym made Langstone bearable, plus now know to set expectations to, well I'll let you guess which mode...

Until next Time...
HDUK...

Room Tip: Stayed in 132 - was very quiet, crap views though
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HappyDaveUk
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Langstone Hotel with such detail on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to read that as a whole your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. I have ensured that your comments have been cascaded to the management teams for review. We have recently amended our restaurant service during the summer months to combat the demand at breakfast time and hoped that this did not detract away from the 4 star service.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, but during the hottest week of the year, the hotel is Wait for investment to fix the air conditioning, no other customer provision given or even mentioned at check in. Hotel is barely a one star but still charging top rate.

The rooms have an electric fan pushing hot air around the room, the towel rail is on permanently so bathroom is a Finnish sauna, and there is no provision for bottled water in the rooms.

When issues were raised little care or consideration given from members of staff or reaction from management. Overall a huge disappointment

Room Tip: Check if air conditioning is working before booking.
Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank David N
Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that your recent stay to the Langstone Hotel was not an enjoyable one.

We have not had air conditioning in the bedrooms at the hotel since the end of last year and all advertising of air conditioning has been removed from media and websites. We provide tower fans in all rooms for guest comfort. The bathrooms towel rails can be turned off using the switch at the side and drinks can be cooled in the mini bar provided.

I was disappointed to read that you felt the customer care at the hotel was lacking as we pride ourselves on a high level of customer service from our team. Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact myself on dos@langstonehotel.co.uk.

Travellers are raving about these Hayling Island hotels

Hedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes a nice Hotel, Bar and restaurant nice also. The room we stayed in was ok clean and tidy. We used it as our base to explore the south of England, something we are doing now due to the fact that for the past 41years we have always gone abroad. The weather was great so the wife and myself had a good time.

Room Tip: Good location to explore the south coast.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to Portsmouth and the Langstone Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that yourself and your wife had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and visit to the South Coast. We are in a superb location for exploring the delights of the area.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you both back to the Langstone in the not too distant future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a great stay for one night hotel was lovly room was big and had everything we needed only bad thing no ac there was a fan but the room was hot and unbearable at times apart from that great stay great breakfast

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Benoboy
Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that your stay was on the whole enjoyable. Unfortunately, like many of of our competitors we do not have air conditioning in our bedrooms although we hope that the provision of tower fans in all bedrooms have gone towards making guests stays more comfortable.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Wiltshire
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend with a large party for a wedding elsewhere on Hayling Island. The rooms were a good size and quiet, but we were disappointed that there was no a/c, only fans- the rooms were very hot. Breakfast was adequate, though Ltd selection. Staff were pleasant and welcoming. The restaurant food was adequate, but over priced. The leisure centre was dated and changing rooms too cold to change babies in. A mixed review.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
hotelcareteam, Director of Sales at Langstone Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that your stay wasn't satisfactory. Unfortunately, we do not have air conditioning in the hotel bedrooms. We provide tower fans in all bedrooms for guest comfort. I have passed your comments regarding food to our Head Chef for review.

Again, thank you for taking the time to feedback as without these comments we cannot continually improve our products and services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Farmhouse & Innlodge
Farmhouse & Innlodge
#34 of 39 in Portsmouth

Been to Langstone Hotel? Share your experiences!