“Great Value Wristbands......” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Funland

Funland
More attraction details
Owner description: The South Coast's Favourite Amusement Park!!!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
199 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 329 helpful votes
“Great Value Wristbands......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The clue is in the title - Funland. This is not a Theme Park!
We visited here this week with our grandchildren and they had a fantastic time. There are so many rides for all ages and we had the bonus of getting Wristbands for £8 which allowed them to go on as many rides as they wished between 2.0 and 5.0pm. Tremendous Value!!

The staff here are very friendly and the Ride Operators give value as the rides last long enough for you not to feel cheated as happens on some Fun Parks.

Another bonus here is you are not having to queue for ages to get on the rides. We are in the middle of Summer and the maximum length we had to wait was a few minutes.

This is a great place for the kids and we will definitely be back before the end of our holiday - And getting Wristbands again !!!!!

Jadene M, Guest Relations Manager at Funland, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are glad to hear that your and your grandchildren enjoyed your day here at Funland and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Waste of time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I went with my 3 year old daughter on 5th August. I thought it was great paying £3 for parking all day and you get four free tokens. Then it all changed. The rides look really dated and rough. The queue for tokens was way too long and then my daughter saw the bouncy castle. It cost £1.50 for five minutes and was really dirty!! But I gave in and even paid for a second five minutes. To make things worse the only two kids on it were obviously the assistants kids cos she kept telling us they never pay. As soon as the five minutes were up the assistant made sure my daughter came out but let her kids play on. This really upset my daughter who didn't understand. Definitely will NOT return.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank mkc1972
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry you feel this way about the rides, however most of them have been recently updated to suit their individual themes and we are always looking for ways to improve. The bouncy castle to which your referring to however does not belong to us, it is run by Beachlands our neighbors. Are apologies for any queuing time for tokens, we hope to have this improved by your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Many of the rides need painting and a bit of TLC. The rollercoaster looked broken and like it was falling apart. But it was really fun and enjoyable. The only thing I didn't like was the staff's attitude. The man running the 'Twister' ride wasn't exactly pleasant. And the staff in the fish and chip shop were quite rude. The rides are cheap though as you can get a bag of 30 tokens for £10.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for your review.
Our rides are always being updated to fit their individual themes and we are always looking for ways to improve. Our apologies for any members of staff who may have been unpleasant, however the chip shop is not run or staffed by us and you can post a review to their trip advisor which is Sea View fish and chips.
We are glad you enjoyed your day here and look forward to your next visit.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great rides, but getting old.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Hayling Island last month to visit Funland. I am a fan of rollercoasters and rides, so I was excited to go for the first time.

Overall I found that the value for money was good, as we bought wristbands for £12-£14 which lasted the WHOLE day. These allowed you to just walk on and off the rides. They have a variety of water rides, rollercoaster, and small rides for kids which was good as it suits a lot of different people. I think any audience could come. However, towards the end of the day I did have to queue quite a long time for a lot of rides, and I found it was taking ages for the operators to load people on and off which was a bit frustrating. The only other negative thing about the place is that it is looking really old and worn down - when I was on the inverted coaster it broke down!!!

However, I am being a bit picky as it is a good place to spend the day, and it's in a beautiful location. I'm definitively going to visit again soon!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank josh f
Thank you for your review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your day here at Funland and made full use of your £12 wristbnads. We apologise for any queues and loading times that you may have experienced and hope to reduce this by your next visit.
Thank you we look forward to seeing you again.
Milton Keynes, England
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Dated and in need of a major facelift”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Many of the attractions were in need of a paint job at minimum. Lots of broken bits and rust evident every where. needs some TLC.
You buy tokens for some of the rides and pay cash for other things -needs a joined up approach for the whole site.
Wristbands seem good value as opposed to tokens.

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to hear you feel this way, however most of our rides have recently been updated to fit each of their individual themes.
We hope you will notice this upon your return and look forward to seeing you again.