“Pleasantly nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We went for a meal without very high expectations as Hayling is particularly disappointing when looking for good quality food. But what a pleasant surprise! The new restaurant is well done and had a good ambience. The food was very good, although a little pricey. Would definately consider visiting again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We ventured to the restaurant for a collective Birthday gathering of 9 and were not disappointed. Josh the Maitre De was his usual professional and attentive self and made sure we had a lovely evening with the small attention to details covered. (Candles lit, service prompt but unfussy) Kriss the chef had designed this month's new taster menu which was superb and more to the point nothing other than great value for money.(Beef carpaccio or a warm rustic chicken pate, chorizo risoto and then a delightfully light pastry sandwich of strawberries and lemon cream.) Infact, we were spoilt and made to feel special. Thank You once again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this little gem with the boyfriend, we were a little dubious at first as we had read mixed reviews but thought we'd give it a try as it is just around the corner! As soon as we walked trough the hotel bar we were impressed with the simple and clever design of this little restaurant. A nice relaxed atmosphere is created instantly.
It was very quiet so we expected a quick service and this is exactly what we got! Waitress was really nice but not very knowledgable about the dishes on the menu, however she asked us to bare with her as there was a new menu that evening so we didn't mind.
We were very impressed with the menu, really nice dishes, honestly I would say a little expensive overall, but we went for the £15 three course taster offer (applies tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) which was incredible value and tasty food presented well. A baby calamari salad to start which was amazing, steak with a peppercorn sauce, triple cooked chips and perfectly cooked veggies, and a baked ricotta cheesecake with passion fruit coulis to finish! Incredible considering the steak alone was supposed to cost £16!
This place has only been open since November so doesn't have a massive following yet but I'm sure it will soon. We'll be telling all the mates anyway, will definitely be back. My boyfriend is a chef and very hard to please when eating out, when he has no complaints and smiles after a meal you know you are on to a winner!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I visited this restaurant for the first ( but definitely not last) time last night. Wow! What a gem! Absolutely loved it, the whole ambience and decor is so relaxed and comfortable, the waiter obviously knew the dishes well and accommodated our requests with patience and nothing seemed too much trouble. We had the £15 taster menu, such amazing value, not normally being very adventurous this enabled me to try dishes I may not normally have tried, WOW, I practically licked the plate clean for every dish, so tasty! I loved the totally relaxed atmosphere, tables are well spaced, chairs so comfortable and no feeling of being rushed. I will definitely be back and can't wait! Thank you for a lovely evening!

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Enjoyed a celebratory meal at Il Giardino last night. Service was very good, food was yummy, but at these prices would have expected at least some bread or olives on the table or an amuse bouche. For an Italian restaurant there was only one main course for vegetarians. The wine list was reasonably priced and had a nice time. But will not hurry back as the prices really are extraordinarily high, and as I am a demi- vegetarian (I eat fish) and my husband is a strict vegetarian felt we were poorly catered for. Really don't want to pay £18 for a mackeral!!!