A welcoming phone call two days before setting off put us in a great frame of mind for our visit to this Warner hotel.
Friendly meet and greet at the gates was another lovely touch.
Things took a bit of a nose dive shortly after. Allocated to room 131 - it smelled awful! Something like a cross between disinfectant and urine - and not in the bathroom. Housekeeping came along armed with an aerosol air freshener. I suggested that it would only add to the odours and she agreed that the room "smelled bad". Told reception who said no other rooms available unless they get a cancellation - no guarantees and may not know until about 4:00, how about Lakeside? No thanks, didn't want a chalet. As we hadn't planned sufficiently to bring a gas mask with us we nearly packed up and went home there and then. Fortunately, for us, due to a cancellation, we were offered another room 319 which lacked the sea view and was a double rather than the twin we had wanted, but it was breathable in. Seemed unbelievable that the hotel did not have any rooms for unforeseen emergencies such as services failure or other disasters that hit us all at home on occasion.
Glad we stayed though as the hotel was excellent.
Stylish restaurant with very good choice of menu. Loved the fish bar especially the skate wings! Imaginative choice of deserts too. Banquette type seating was a little on the low side
Superb range of daytime activities, couldn't do them all so will have to come back - flower arranging, gemstones, antiques, sketching, watercolouring, archery, bowling, croquet, magician (how did he do that?) - let alone a mystic Mary, wildlife tour and other events.
Lovely public areas and friendly staff - especially coffee shop and that afternoon tea!
Heated outdoor pool was lovely treat.
Quizes were lots of fun and tour of grounds was very informative (well done Alyson!).
Entertainment was super - West End Show and Big Band evening especially (seen the Cotton Club at Bembridge).
Free Wifi is a great feature.
Out of interest, we visited room 131 again on the last day whilst scouting the site for future visits and it still smelled so we wil not be asking for that one.
We will definitely be back as it is such a super hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This superbly accommodating Character Hotel is set on Hayling Island, just a hop across the Solent from the Isle of Wight. The hotel offers everything you need for a truly memorable break, from tennis and archery, to croquet, boules and bowls. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Sinah Warren Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinah Warren Resort
- Sinah Warren Hayling Island
- Warner Leisure Hotels Sinah Warren Hotel Hayling Island, Hampshire