We stayed Monday to Friday in a signature room in mid-August. The weather was mixed, mainly dry, some showers but always windy and coolish for the time of year.
All the staff we met were friendly and helpful, though some of them were rather lacking in knowledge or training (especially at check-in, which was slow and rather tedious, and compounded by the need to queue up again for the restaurant seating). The general atmosphere was very pleasant, with the preponderance of the over-70s and their various mobility equipment not a problem at all.
Our room was excellent, clean, well-equipped and with the most beautiful view across Langstone Harbour. It was not a problem for us but the room's distance from the restaurant and public areas (I counted 320 paces, albeit inside and on the flat, from restaurant door to room door) could have been quite a problem for some guests. The hotel is in a fairly isolated spot on the island, good for views and quiet walks, not-so-good for anyone without a car. The hotel grounds are extensive and generally well-kept, just right for short or longer walks.
Hotel amenities were varied and extensive - plenty of day and evening activities and entertainment, nearly all inclusive. The indoor pool and spa were first class.
Eating could not be described as 'fine dining' by any means, but there was always a wide choice of enjoyable plain dishes of good quality. Table service was a bit hit-and-miss and self service could involve some queuing. Meal times were relatively short and dinner finished early (20.30).
Overall the plusses greatly outnumbered the minuses and we very much enjoyed our week, in spite of some minor frustrations. At the discounted price we paid it represented good value for money. We will probably continue our tour of Warner's
hotels (this was our fourth) in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This superbly accommodating Character Hotel is set on Hayling Island, just a hop across the Solent from the Isle of Wight. The hotel offers everything you need for a truly memorable break, from tennis and archery, to croquet, boules and bowls. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Warner Leisure Hotels Sinah Warren Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinah Warren Resort
- Sinah Warren Hayling Island
- Warner Leisure Hotels Sinah Warren Hotel Hayling Island, Hampshire