“3 rd time at lakeside ok its not sinah warren but the prices refect that”

Warner Lakeside Coastal Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
isle of wight
“3 rd time at lakeside ok its not sinah warren but the prices refect that”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

3rd visit to lakeside, enjoyed it just as much, ok its not sinah warren but the prices reflect that, everything was very nice. we where situated in flamingo number 6, the chalet was very hot no complaints there at all....the food was really nice..much better than cricket st thomas i though...the ranger took us for a walk he was full of useful information about the wildlife...overall for what we paid for a last minute deal it was very very nice.....

Room Tip: flamingo was nice chalet to stay in....dont forget after booking in go to the restraunt to select yo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tarafudge
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank you for the review of your recent break. It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your break with us for a third time.

I hope we can welcome you back for your fourth break soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Ive got to admit i was a bit worried about going as the age group is quite old,we were a group of 4 ladies all just past 50,but not waiting to die yet.We had a ball,they,re are a few that tend to look down on anyone that seemed to want to have a laugh and enjoy yourself.We dressed up on two of our nights which made people talk,Most were very friendly.As for the staff,could not fault one of them,nothing was to much trouble.Alex our waiter for the weekend was brilliant,all young but with the right attitude.The entertainment,in house brilliant ,what a fantastic voice rebbecca has,they could not do anymore to please people.Food was excellent.Accomadation we went for a standard plus chalet,very comfortable,but would have liked a seperate living area ie sofa,tv in seperate room from bed.not everyone wants to go to bed at same time..Lots of things put on in the day for you,but felt alot was aiming at the over 65,Would probabley go again,Its perfect for the older generation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank san60
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I am glad to see that your party had a great break and enjoyed your Warner experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back (hopefully in costume again!).
milton keynes
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Why oh why are people going on about horrendous journeys and bad weather, it has nothing to do with Warners and to be honest there's no point listening to your reviews as you're in a bad mood from the word go.

I am 48 and my partner is 32 (yes I know I'm lucky lol) anyway we arrived at Lakeside and drove round to reception to be welcomed by very pleasant staff who gave me my welcome pack and explained where our room was, incidentally we booked a premium lodge, we had our own allocated parking space just outside.

After checking we headed into the restaurant to be shown our table we have for the duration of our stay for breakfast and dinner, good view to the stage and as we had to wait for our room to be ready at 2pm. We decided to pop into the cafe and have a coffee, again pleasant staff, nice coffee and a clean area with a nice aroma, toilets were immaculate.

We arrived at our lovely lodge room to be welcomed by a comfy bed, flat screen tv , fresh linen and a clean bathroom.

Before I start on the food bare in mind I am a qualified chef with over 20 years experience of running clubs, bars and restaurants.

Our first night at dinner was very pleasant again staff were lovely and accommodating and very polite , we had the salad bar and terrine for starter again very nice and both had carvery, again very nice and cooked well for what it was although the British people need to learn some manners, please and thank you are not hard to remember!!! Wasn't impressed with cheeseboard though.

These are my only niggles:

Wi Fi Reception is a no go in rooms.

Bedroom furniture needs an update.

In the menu the "Village cheese board" states local and continental cheese. I had Brie, Cheddar and a Stilton need i say more?

But anyway have just arrived for breakfast and again staff are attentive and pleasant, good choice of breakfast available from cereal to a fully cooked English again all cooked well and served with tea coffee, juice and plenty of toast, very nice.

The second evening we had a duck Charlotte and a nut roast for dinner along with a salad bar starter, food was served hot and presented nicely I really cannot fault it will definitely go to another Warner establishment if this is the standard.

All in all very enjoyable thank you all of you at Lakeside.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank swedishchefcook
What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your break at Lakeside Coastal Village.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your time with us and did not let the adverse weather conditions affect your break.

All your comments will be seen by our Department Managers and will be fed back to their Teams accordingly.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
london
Reviewed 3 February 2014

What an unfortunate choice for a weekend break. The brochure is very miss leading.
By purchasing a supreme chalet, I assumed we would receive a quality chalet. That is not what happened. Very Shabby.
From the outside they look like something from the 1950's, inside they have attempted to bring them up to date (it didn't work)
Bed linen seams are ripped, blinds are coming away from the tracks, window seals have mould on them (and a lot of it) rooms were cold. The pressure in the bathroom is non existent, both the sink for washing your hands and the shower.
There was a dreadful droning noise all night on our first night there. As we could still here it when we returned on Saturday afternoon I reported it to reception, I was told 'no maintenance available but would advise the duty manager'. Nobody came back to me to advise what would be done regarding this issue. So the next day I spoke to reception again, assuming they already knew of the situation, not so. The receptionist made me feel as if I were an inconvenience but when we returned to the room, maintenance were there. He was very understanding and a few minutes later advised that he had made some adjustments and that hopefully that should ease the noise as it would now pump the air through faster which meant that it shouldn't need to work as hard through the night alleviating the noise. Not so, Sunday nights droning was louder and actually faster but at least he tried, thank you to him.
Entertainment was good, especially the 'Totally Tina' on Saturday night and the Entertainment teams show on Sunday. But the bingo and the quizzes Every Night was that necessary? I think not. Oh, and if you advertise that you are showing the rugby in the Piano bar at a specific time, it might be a good idea if the Rugby is actually switched on. We could have gone elsewhere, instead we had to go back to the room and watch it on a TV that struggled with the signal the whole time we were there (perhaps invest in cable)
The restaurant, food was mediocre, service was good, bar prices were better than I expected, but paying for coffee or tea after your meal, very poor show......
So would we go again, No, there is better value out there, and definitely better standards. Lakeside village really needs a complete overhaul.

Room Tip: I didn't get to see one but if you do decide to go, book a lodge. Make sure you don't get an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beasher
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Lakeside Coastal Village. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations.

I have passed all your comments back to the relevant Department Managers so they are able to monitor the situation and action any works needed.

If you wish to discuss your break further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be happy to help you.

Thank you again for your post and I hope this has not deterred you from future Warner breaks.
Cambridge, England
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have just returned from our stay at Lakeside. Our chalet in Jay block was very warm and cosy and very quiet. The staff were all very friendly from the gardeners who keep the place looking very good to the maintenance staff who sorted our safe out and the reception and waiters/waitresses and cleaning staff. This was our first visit to Lakeside having been to several other Warner's. We found the food here to be very good, the meat on the carvery very tender and tasty, and we also thought the porridge here in the mornings to be the best we have had at any of the Warner's we have been to. We also loved the kippers at breakfast time. Some of the vegetables could have been cooked a bit more but did not spoil this for us. We thought the entertainment in the evenings was very good and the entertainment team work very hard. The new boy Jamie I think was his name soon fitted in with the others and was very good in Dream Lover. Callum the entertainment manager was very good along with other singers and dancers.
We had already booked to go again in December for a turkey and tinsel break and having been this time feel we have made the right choice, and are looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LandD
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of your recent break. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay.

Your comments regarding Jamie have been seen by the Entertainments Manager who will ensure that he is praised accordingly.

It is great to hear that we will be welcoming you back and we look forward to seeing you in December.
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After a terrible drive down to Lakeside due to an accident on the M25 and torrential rain. We were warmly greeted by the reception staff who were very busy checking in a coach party. We had a room (15 in Flamingo) which was warm, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was really good, powerful and there was always plenty of hot water.

We paid for an upgraded table in the restaurant which proved to be well worth it. It was an all inclusive weekend and for three nights we were well looked after by our own personal waiting staff. It was our Golden Wedding Anniversary on Sat 25 Jan and a special mention here for Akville who went the extra mile for us. The food was very good throughout and the waiters and waitresses were all very attentive and efficient. They did a great job.

Entertainment was first class with a class acts on all the nights. The first was a comedy magic and vocals act Brett Kite. The second night we were treated to singing from two of London's West End musical stars. Sunday night the in house entertainment team supported by Central Park musicians did a superb job of singing and dancing for us. Rebecca Searle was the singer with the band (no not Molly)and she had a lovely voice and clearly loved performing for us. I really don't think I have seen a more professional team of in house presenters.

The swimming pool was lovely and warm but the showers were not really fit for purpose and ran hot and cold with no adjustment possible. The changing rooms were no very pleasant and there was black mould on the walls in some areas. Sauna and steam rooms were pleasant though.

All in all we had a great break and I would thoroughly recommend Lakeside.

Room Tip: Nothing further to add here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
What a fantastic review. Thank you so much.

I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your anniversary with us. I will ensure all the Team are aware of your fantastic comments.

I have also passed all your feedback regarding the Leisure facilities to our Leisure Manager for her monitoring.

Thank you so much for your recommendation and I hope we see you again soon.
oxfordshire
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at Lakeside for the "Twixmas Weekend" upon arriving we were given our table number, when we approached it we found it was at the side of the stage, consequently only saw the backs of the entertainment artists. The table was also in the way of the entertainment crew coming in and out ,so was repeatedly asked to move to make room for them. When asked for another table was told there were only "V.I.P." tables available which would cost an extra £35 p.p. Priority was given to those staying over from the Christmas break. We had booked for New Year 2014 but was told priority would be given to those staying over from Christmas and or Twixmas, this has now been cancelled. We have been going to Warners many years but will think twice about going back. The food was not what I call good, food served to your table was far too fancy, infact we didn't even know what half of it was. Weather was awful which is not there fault, but I do think a walk way to and from your rooms should be considered as you got wet walking to the main building and had to sit in that all evening. Not enough parking spaces unless you paid for an upgrade which you had your own parking allocated to you. Their prices are not cheap but nothing seems to be done to improve things.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank diamondoxfordshire
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent break.

I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the table you were allocated within our Restaurant. There are many factors that are taken into consideration when allocating tables and we believe we have developed the fairest way of doing so.

I have passed all your comments on to the relevant Managers for their monitoring.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Thank you again for your post.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Travelodge Chichester Central

Been to Warner Lakeside Coastal Village? Share your experiences!