“Friendly place in a great location”

Warner Lakeside Coastal Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Friendly place in a great location”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from Lakeside, and despite the building works going on where they are upgrading chalets, it didnt spoil anything for us.
This was our second visit to this Warners location, and it was as good as before.
The Warners people here are great, very friendly & welcoming and the place has a good atmosphere.
There are some lovely walks in the grounds and around the harbour.
The entertainment was brilliant, the food good, and we had a great time again.

2 Thank julieandchris2012
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much for a great review.

It is lovely to know that you enjoyed every part of your holiday with us. I will ensure that your comments are passed to all the relevant managers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Lakeside in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and myself visited this resort about 6 years ago. We took my mother-in-law for a 2-night break, arrived home today (28 May) and nothing had really improved since our last visit unfortunately. Mother-in-law is disabled and the resort is set up for dealing with elderly people in wheelchairs. However, the toilet facilities in the dining/entertainment area are very unsatisfactory. We had to take mother-in-law to the other side of the dining room to go to the toilet. 4 toilets and a disabled toilet in this area. Not enough for the amount of people there. The men's toilet was out of order so they had to go to the Piano Room to visit the toilet. A long walk if you are disabled or elderly. Resort looking very tired these days. Looked just the same 6 years ago! My husband doesn't like fancy food, so didn't order anything from the kitchen, but on the first night going to the carvery there was very little choice of vegetables. Salad bar didn't have much choice either. Food was edible, but a little disappointing. Having visited lots of Warner hotels/villages we will not be coming here again. Our waiter, James, was very sweet, but spent most of his time apologising for the delay in bringing our food. Particularly long delay on the second night of our visit, but this was due to kitchen staff shortages, apparently. Mother-in-law enjoyed herself, but if this is your first visit to Warners I feel you may be disappointed. Had a lovely stay at Corton last year in their new beach huts and Thorseby Hall is lovely. Feel standards have dropped a bit at this resort. Lots of building work going on at the moment. Resort very tired. Staff were friendly, though. Can't fault them at all. Sheets were nice and clean, which is very important to me. Bed a bit hard, but that's personal choice. Won't be going back to this resort.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mits25clive
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I am pleased that your Mother in Law enjoyed her stay and will certainly pass on your positive comments.

As you know we are working hard to make improvements to our site. There has been some refurbishment work taking place and we are thrilled that our superb new suites are now ready.

I am sorry that you feel that Lakeside is not for you but would love to welcome you back should you change your mind.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was the first time we have visited a Warner Hotel and chose Lakeside from information posted on line. We booked a Harbour Suite, as a treat as we had not had a holiday for two years. When we arrived and booked in we found a large dumper truck in our parking space which did not allow us access. When I complained the truck was removed, but what was not made clear to us was that we would be living next to a building site, from when we arrived on the Friday until we left on Sunday, we had constant banging, noise, and loud radio music from around 9.00am until 5.00pm. We wanted a quite relaxing time, however the noise was so loud we could not stay in our suite during the day and the road and footpath were covered in Mud. For the money we spent I feel that I made a mistake in choosing this site and would urge anyone thinking of going to this Hotel to get information on were they would be staying as I feel that I have been let down by this experience and wasted my hard earned money

8 Thank Keith B
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent break with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.

You are correct that we are currently undergoing some refurbishment works and are working closely with our contractors to ensure that the impact on our guests is kept to a minimum. However, I understand that you may have been affected more due to the location of your room.

All our guests are made aware of the works before they arrive and a pre-arrival call would have been made to you where you can request any information you would like.

I am sorry that you feel you made a mistake choosing Lakeside and we would gladly welcome your comments if you wish to contact us directly.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we will hear from you soon.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was our first time at a warner leisure and if this is their standard it is our last. The premier lodge was dark and smelt of damp it looked nothing like it did in the brocher . The food was first class and staff very nice will not be going to a warner again

1 Thank Janice C
GuestLiaisonLakeside, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for reviewing your break.

I am so sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss your issues any further, please do not hesitate to contact us so we can fully investigate your comments.

I hope we will hear from you soon.
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from Hayling Island Lakeside 4 great days with plenty of delicious food,all be it in a rather cramped style.Entertainment was available through the day if you wished and every night. The only complaints were with the eating and entertainment being combined but I believe this may be redressed in the near future,this in my own opinion ,would benefit guests and staff alike. I would return again but after visiting another Warners Leisure centre I feel like exploring the other venues first. Overall a very enjoyable break plus weather was kind too which always helps :-).

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank roamergirl51sc
What a great review. Thank you so much.

I am so happy to see that the weather was on your side and hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Basingstoke
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I booked a long weekend a year ago informing warners I was in a wheelchair and on oxygen. I received a letter informing me we would be moved due to upgrading of accommodation. Again I told them I was in a wheelchair. On arrival I found our room whilst on the ground floor had a large step to get over. Which I couldn't without help of 2 men. Warners changed our room but again had a step, so all weekend I had to get assistance of 2 men each time I wanted in or out of our room. This put a damper on our weekend, we have been going to lakeside for 10 years now, and this was the worst time for me.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marion L
Thank you for talking the time to review your break at Lakeside.

I am sorry to hear that your accommodation needs were not met. So we can investigate your comments further, please contact us directly.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned from our 11th visit to Lakeside and have rebooked for next year. But anyone reading these reviews may well be confused.. Will your trip be a splendid break or a disappointing waste of money ?
The reason for the conflicting reviews is, in my opinion, as follows.
Warners is a large company run by expert businessmen with large salaries with one aim....To maximise profit from their customers for their shareholders.
Lakeside, however, is run by a dedicated group of not overpaid people whose aim is to ensure that, despite the cheeseparing efforts of Warners, guests will have a memorable holiday for the right reasons.
Yes ! Part of the village is a building site complete with lorries and busy builders producing lots of noise and dust. According to the brochure these new buildings will offer sophistication and leisure in 2014 but it doesn't mention that they are not yet ready ..
The original buildings are now very old and most of them need a complete refurbishment but Warners have decided that customers may complain, but will accept interiors well past their sell by date and disgusting bathrooms. Warners provided an excellent Cabaret Dining room with a small dance floor and a first class stage for the superb entertainment. The tables and crockery etc. are quite luxurious and the food is usually very good. This venue would be splendid for, in my opinion, about 200 people but Warners have decided to cram in about twice this number (To maximise profit from their customers for their shareholders.)
Warners have decided that there is no profit in giving free coffee and mints after dinner but £1.50/cup adds up to a nice addition to the profits. As old customers (in every sense of the word) we are in the Concierge Club which gives us one or two appreciated perks but to qualify next year we have to book two holidays for this year
So why do we and many others keep going back ? The answer is that the staff, administrators, waiters, cleaners, gardeners, maintenance men all do their very best to sort out any problems (apart from domestic). So here's a tip...Don't go home and moan about a bad experience. Tell the staff and if they don't sort you out then go home and moan. We had a very quite, well decorated 2 bedroomed chalet adjacent to the bowling green. Pitch and Putt, Archery and rifle range with a private car space. Our dining table did not require us to be shoulder to shoulder and back to back with strangers and we avoided the first rush of hungry eaters by arriving about 30 minutes after the start of the meal
I have already said that all the staff were superb so it would be unfair to mention individuals such as Kirsty, Bryan, Chris, Peter and Paul
We have not, never have had and never will have a financial interest in Lakeside though I wouldn't mind being a Warner's Shareholder.

Grumpy Grandpa

Room Tip: Keep your fingers crossed