I arrived with my husband on 2nd June for a four night stay along with my elderly parents, having booked last year. On arrival we were horrified to find chalets being rebuilt right next to where we were expected to stay. Diggers, pneumatic drill, workers sawing planks of wood all right next to our chalets. We went to speak to the management and expressed our disbelief. Finally it was agreed, at our suggestion, to move us to Norton Grange on The Isle of Wight. The staff did arrange this and ferry crossing. They were doing their best under terrible circumstances. I feel really sorry for those who stuck it out. Mum and Dad had been really looking forward to their holiday and we could not have let them stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Resort. You'll love the lake that gives this Classic Resort its name but Lakeside is about the seaside too. Sea air and great views are all part of the magic here. There's plenty to keep you busy at traditional Lakeside, including an indoor bowls complex. Midweek and Weekend breaks inclusive of breakfast and 3-course dining, live evening entertainment and extensive leisure activities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hotel Hayling Island
- Warner Lakeside Classic Hotel
- Warner Lakeside Coastal Village Hayling Island, Hampshire