“Worksite”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Runcorn
“Worksite”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I arrived with my husband on 2nd June for a four night stay along with my elderly parents, having booked last year. On arrival we were horrified to find chalets being rebuilt right next to where we were expected to stay. Diggers, pneumatic drill, workers sawing planks of wood all right next to our chalets. We went to speak to the management and expressed our disbelief. Finally it was agreed, at our suggestion, to move us to Norton Grange on The Isle of Wight. The staff did arrange this and ferry crossing. They were doing their best under terrible circumstances. I feel really sorry for those who stuck it out. Mum and Dad had been really looking forward to their holiday and we could not have let them stay here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Christine M
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review.

I apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations but hope that your stay at Norton Grange was enjoyable.

We are refurbishing our site in order to enhance the experience for our Guests and hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Lakeside once the work has been completed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

When we arived at lakeside in Hayling Island we where met by a lot of building work going on but that was not a problem, but on getting our key for a premier lodge we went and parked on opening the door we were met by total darkness no light coming in at all then the smell was so bad it was nauseating to say the least. Then we entered the bathroom to be met by another disturbing sight of the bath with its cracks and old hand rails on the walls and the toilet was not much better there was no way I was staying here my husband was ready to drive the seven hours back home as he saw how upset I was. I went to reception at first she offered us seperate rooms but as I got more upset at her suggestion I informed her that I had been given a guarantee that those lodges had had a new bathrooms as I had rang to make sure after reading reviews there was no mention of the state they were in also seeing things run in the grass at the side of it. I was then offered a superior chalet on creek view. The superior chalet was lovely but I had no apology from management it did spoil the beginning to what should have been a recuperation and respite and a disapointing 25 wedding stay at Bodelwyddan. Staff. The staff at lakeside do there best for guests in a hard situation it is so friendly always a smile for everyone. My opinion is to bulldoze the lodges as I was not the only person this week to refuse to stay in them. We would like to stay in a warner again but would want a hundred percent gaurentee not to be mislead into believing that everyting is good. The food..The food was mediocre not as good as some tough meat small portions. I know my review does not look good but we met some fantastic people shows are great they work hard.

Room Tip: Superor chalet.never book premier lodge
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Steve P
Stotfold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked 4 nights in one of the new Harbour Suites here last month. We arrived to find it was like a building site and our accommodation was actually inside the area fenced off where "renovations" (Building works) were being carried out. There was also a large skip outside our entrance door. The view, had we sat on the patio would have been of other chalets being worked on by the many workmen on site.
We felt sorry for the staff having to deal with this situation and we were offered another room of a lesser grade......But the reason for going there was to have a Harbour Suite. The main thing that has annoyed us is ,as we did book direct with Lakeside the week before was WHY didn't they tell us.....if they had we would not have gone and would have chosen another location. ...to expect people to sit on a patio with all that going on plus the noise......as per the review before this one......is just not right..........We decided this wasn't going to be the leisurely break we wanted so CHECKED OUT!
I have written several times to complain to Guest services (Head Office)regarding this but although an apology was made and they stated it was not up to their usual standard...they didn't address the issue to our satisfaction.
We have visited the majority of the Warners venues of the years and enjoyed them.
While upgrading these chalets the whole area should have been closed and rooms only allocated when they were ALL finished
Anyone booking here in the near future should check that these works have been completed saving them disappointment on arrival!
We will not be returning to Warners !

7 Thank Barbara C
fareham,hants
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed here a few weeks ago for a short break.
We knew building work was going on but found it never bothered us at all. Some areas are sectioned off for your safety.
We stayed in the harbour suites and they were lovely. Everything you needed was provided including a hair-dryer, iron and board.
The food in the restaurant was amazing, served by very polite and friendly staff.
A special mention must go to Jayne at the reception. She was very friendly and incredibly helpful, nothing was too much trouble, a credit to your company.
We hope to return again and stay longer next time.

3 Thank shamus777
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This Hotel was a building site. The pneumatic drill was in operation at 9am the builders did not finish until 9pm. We could not enjoy the the lovely patio due to the noise. We had to leave our superior suite for the day because of the noise. This was not the relaxing break we were hoping for

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Anne M
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Been here a couple of times and has been quite enjoyable. Staff are all very pleasant and
polite and do all they can to please and work extremely hard at all times. Only critism this time is the building work which is going on is both very noisy and dusty and we were not informed about until a couple of days before we were due to arrive which I felt was unfair. Only saving grace for us was that we stayed over the weekend so didn't have o put up with the building work until the day of departure, but people arriving this day will not be to impressed I would imagine. None of this is the fault of the staff of course, who will be getting all the flack from people complaining, it would be a company decision to carry on this major
work and expecting staff to deal with complaints as best the can in the name of company profits. Hope their decision is right as I would guess some people will not return because of
It, the noise on the morning we left was just unbearable and unreasonable for Warners to expect guests to accept it.

6 Thank Foxs313
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

On arrival I thought I was in a building site !

Friday 30/5 to Monday 1/6 - Husband and Wife in our 60s

Room was well maintained; very clean and quiet.

Gardens well maintained.

Didn't really use any facilities or extras going on throughout the day. Yet they looked OK and others appeared happy with them

Food was OK and as much as you wanted.
Drinks choice was good - remember its hotel prices.
Staff were very good all round; very friendly and helpful.

Sadly the booked and advertised group had to cancel at the last minute and the replacement band were a bit naff.
The resident entertainment crew were quite good.

I simply consider this week end break as really all right.
I did not have to pay much for three nights accommodation with two big meals per day and live entertainment each night.
It would have cost much more to use a B&B / restaurants and shows.

Would I go back? Maybe.

Room Tip: Some of the newly built chalets / suites overlook the car park only.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bruno B
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry that you were not impressed by the replacement band, though we have received excellent feedback from some Guests.

The refurbishment work is now almost completed and we are thrilled with the standard of our new Harbour Suites.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth
Brookfield Hotel
Brookfield Hotel
#1 of 4 in Emsworth

Been to Warner Lakeside Coastal Village? Share your experiences!