“Resting well”

Warner Lakeside Coastal Village
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hayling Island
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was living on Hayling Island from 1947 till I left in 1966 to go to College. This was the first time that I came back for a Holiday and to spend some time with my Mum and Sister. My wife and I had a fantastic break as Lakeside Coastal Village. Staff and food very good. Will be back in August.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Vik1947
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

I expect there have been many changes to Hayling Island since you left in 1966!!

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed a fantastic time with us here at Lakeside and we look forward to welcoming you back in August.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was my second weekend at Lakeside and it was still as good as the 1st, staff were fantastic, entertainment first class and the food excellent. My only complaint is the dated rooms and bathrooms although they have started to refurb some of the room. But overall I had a very chilled weekend and will def be going back soon!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

What a great review! Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in a Standard room, which was one of a large group block booking. On arrival the room was clean. The room was twin bedded, and I was sharing with a friend. On closer inspection the bath-room was extremely small and was somewhat tired. There was hardly room to dry yourself after a bath/shower. No window made it feel very claustrophobic indeed. The hand basin was leaking through to the floor. Although when reported was fixed instantly, only to happen again, a day later.. The TV in the main room was hung on the wall, which was fairly wobbly, but ok. The bedside wall light pull-cords were broken. I have to say the staff were more than helpful, and were happy to try and remedy things. My comment is that these irritating little problems should have been spotted and fixed, before next occupants had arrived.
On a another note, it would have been nice to have a few more hangers, there were not enough for 2 persons. In addition it would have been fabulous to have a full mirror perhaps inside the wardrobe? This now standard in most budget hotels & Lakeside is a cut above that I would have thought. Having said that, if fixed, a completely adequate room and great value for money. The beds are very comfortable.

In the main dining area, once again very attentive staff, even when very busy. Observations were that food was very good and a good selection was offered. The only downside, was the breakfast cereals etc had been set up on the dance floor and the overhead spot lights were switched on, which almost blinded you, whilst trying to select something. I had to shade my eyes several times & I wasn't alone. The mess left on the floor, which is inevitable, also made for a patchy sticky dance floor in the evening. Wouldn't it be possible perhaps tolocate this along one edge of the room, or dance floor, just not the middle of the floor?

During the evening, when this became the entertainment centre, the air-conditioning did not seem to be very effective.

So, in conclusion, this is my second year of visiting & I look forward to coming again in 2015. Maybe to stay in one of the newer rooms that have been erected. I feel Lakeside is a very friendly Village with lots to offer. Excellent value for money too!!

My comments are not too 'have a go', but to maybe just say, that with a few little non expensive touches, it would make it feel fabulous. Not to mention the great swimming pool spa etc, which is wonderful. The grounds are beautifully kept and Lakeside staff deserve a big thank you too. They definitely made a difference to my short stay.. Overall well done!

Room Tip: Choose the best you can afford, it might make all the difference. If possible choose the latest upgr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 186338Daisy

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for the constructive comments you offer.

Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us and we do consider all feedback very seriously.

I am particularly pleased to read your lovely comments regarding the Team here at Lakeside. Everyone is committed to doing the very best they can to enhance Guest experience and it is always good to know that it is appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Late booking, excellent catering, I would say almost a la carte.. accommodation more than satisfactory. Staff very friendly and helpful. The weather was perfect, although this is not guaranteed. The entertainment was specialised and ran by boogaloo promotions.. an overall good weekend..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed a really good weekend here at Lakeside Coastal Village.

Thank you for your positive remarks.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from four day mid week break at this resort. Excellent facilities. Good food and clean and comfortable accommodation. Guests tends to be of the older generation. Used this hotel as a base for exploring the area so did not take part in any of the daytime activities. Staff are very friendly and most live locally so have a good knowledge of the area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room as standard rooms tend to be small
1  Thank GeorgieHorley
Jenny W, Guest Liaison at Warner Lakeside Coastal Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

What a great review!

I am delighted to read that you have described your break as excellent value and that you clearly enjoyed your time at Lakeside Coastal Village.

Come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Just back from lakeside hayling Island. Went with friends and booked a lodge which was fine, it was was clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay as we had fabulous weather so we were able to go out and about more. But what we did like is the atmosphere which is very friendly and happy, most of the holiday makers were really friendly and the staff were lovely. The entertainment all week wa excellent, better than some of our cruise experience. The food is quite good and hot though not that exciting,but breakfast is always very good. The swimming pool and some of the chalets are a bit dated but it looks like they are updating these. We thought it was great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent break at Lakeside Coastal Village.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I am delighted to read that you had such a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed 9th July 2014 - 11th July 2014. Having stayed at a few Warner Hotels we thought we would try a 'village' for a change. We stayed in the new Bay Cottages (No 12) which was clean, small, and well equiped, althogh we did get noise through the wall from cottage No1 at the rear of us. The building work here is nearly finished so not too much disruption. The food was mainly good but objected to being told where we must sit (no choice) and did not like the idea of having the entertainment in the dining room. We were lucky, as we ended up with two very nice people at meal times but they should consider more tables for two. The high spot was a day out (10.00am - 3.00pm) by coach to Portsmouth (£10,50 each) where they drop you off @ Gun Wharf Keys Shopping Centre, followed by a cream tea on your return. Visited the Spinnacker tower whilst there (Very Good) and had a boat trip around the harbour - a really good day out. The cost for the two nights was £272.00 (DBB) which I guess is value for money. Will we be going back here? No way, it's only Warner HOTELS for us! PS Must say all staff were excellent.

Room Tip: Would try to stay in anything other than standard - they did not look good.
2  Thank Rod W

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Lakeside Coastal Village.

I am so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit to Gunwharf Quays. It certainly is a great day out!

Thank you for your positive remarks regarding the quality of food, accommodation and Team at Lakeside. I am sorry that you would not choose to stay at a Village location again but hope that you will continue to enjoy many happy holidays at Warner Hotels in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayling Island
Farmhouse & Innlodge
Farmhouse & Innlodge
#33 of 39 in Portsmouth
Travelodge Chichester Emsworth

Been to Warner Lakeside Coastal Village? Share your experiences!