“" A VERY RUDE LANDLADY "”
Review of Crowberry Lodge

Crowberry Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hayling Island
Crowberry Lodge
Ranked #7 of 15 Hayling Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We booked 2 rooms at this b&b late in the afternoon and said we would be about half an hour. However, we didn't anticipate the horrendous M27 traffic and arrived about half hour later than we said only to find the landlady had given the rooms to someone else!!
On top of this she was on the phone when we arrived and didn't even have the decency to take it away from her ear to explain why.....just muttered something about having a business to run!!
How rude!

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank JPL67

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed for 2 days in July, we were given the garden room which was lovely and had breakfast in the garden with our own terrace table and chairs both days. Carole and her husband could not have been more friendly. Room was spotlessly clean and it was like having your own apartment. Would thoroughly recommend this B&B.

Mary and Monty

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I have recently had the pleasure of staying at the Crowberry B & B, Hayling Island.
Carole greets you with warm hospitality, the accomodation is lovely nicely furnished and comfortable with nice finishes. Full English Breakfast is good quality and cooked just right (other breakfast options are available). We had breakfast in the conservatory overlooking a lovely garden. When we came home one evening Carole asked if we would like Tea of Coffee in the garden, it was a very warm evening, Carole lit a citronella garden candle, these thoughtful touches really enhanced the already lovely stay. The whole experience was nicely relaxed & we felt "at home". The B & B has a lovely freshness & amenities were first class. I can definately say anyone visitor to the "Crowberry" would not be dissapointed. I read reviews for the Crowberry after our stay, I cannot believe the 2/5 rating - in my opinion it does not ring true (every other rating is 5/5 & deservedly so). I can fully recommend the Corwberry Lodge and at the next oportunity we will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived at Crowberry Lodge just after 4pm, to discover no-one home. We telephoned only to be told they had forgotten we were coming and could not be back until 7pm. We had been travelling all day with our toddler who was already very tired and hungry. We decided there was nothing we could do but wait and went to find somewhere to eat. Carol telephoned just before 7pm to let us know we could come back.

The room is advertised as a family room but was not ideal, the toilet/shower had a voile curtain rather than door so we had to take turns taking our 2 year old out early in the morning so we could use the bathroom. We also did not believe the room had been cleaned (bedding smelt stale, floor hadn’t been hoovered and there was faeces all over the toilet brush).

The breakfast was disorganised and not fully available due to 'not defrosted enough', we had not been advised we would need to order the night before in fact when asked, I said that we would confirm in the morning. We ordered the full English x1 both days but the first day he had no sausage as they had not defrosted one for toddler and the 2nd day there was no bacon.

Our stay at Crowberry Lodge was not a positive one which is all the more disappointing when as two very busy professionals our family time is precious. Since leaving I have seen the positive reviews so emailed Carole asking to explain why our stay was so poor but after 7 days have still not received a response.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Vikki G
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I travelled down to Hayling from Leicester for a surprise birthday party, there were many B&B's to choose from on the island, but I was drawn to this one, and although I say so myself, what a great choice! I had booked a single room, but was given the twin - freshly decorated in a relaxing lemon shade, lovely bed linen and furniture. Little touches like a bottle of perfume (I'd forgotten mine!), body lotion, lots of different flavoured teas. Carol, the host, invited me to join her and her Mum on the patio for tea and cake when I arrived. I accepted the offer as it was a lovely sunny day, and we chatted for ages, I felt like part of the family. I loved it here and would definitely come again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Booked by a family member for a short honeymoon for us. Carol was a fantastic hostess,always ready to help with anything we needed and she had put in extra special touches for our special weekend.The room is great,such a lovely relaxing place to stay. We had a lovely time and were really put at ease. Really impressed would definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: garden room is ideal for extra privacy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie C
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Absolutely perfect place for nice stay on Hayling. Not normally a "review" writing type of person but this place deserves all the praise it can get.
We stayed in their seperate Garden room which is superbly finished and decorated and totally seperae from the main house, even has its own entrance. The property both inside and outside is immaculately presented. The owners John and Carol are very polite and friendly but not intrusive (unlike other b&b's ive satyed at). Breakfast is spot on. Perfection throughout. Well worth the money.

Room Tip: If you're a couple and want some privacy book the Garden room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple