“Great in all ways”

Julio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 316 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Child friendly, Group party,Welcome.
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Went there for first time had a really good evening the food and service were really good can recommend

1  Thank Alanpriddle

Reviewed 25 May 2011

Went to the restaurant last week service was quick and the food was good could not fault it at all will recommend

2  Thank Alanpriddle
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Flew from Newquay to Manchester and hired a car for a wedding in Halifax. Before we moved to Cornwall 7 years ago, we had eaten at Julio's a few times and we remembered it. Julio was cooking the night we were there. Garlic mushrooms and by special request, he was happy to cook my calamari fritti in a light flour covering rather than breadcrumbs, which implies they are not bought in. These were both good, but my Gamberoni alla Buona Sera was memorable. My husbands Bistecca Dolcelatte was delicious and Julio was happy to swap the sirloin on the menu for a fillet. No room for pudding. When next 'oop country' we will eat there again. Lovely staff and a nice atmosphere.

2  Thank residentemmett
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I had the stuffed pepper for a starter The presentation and standard of cooking was quite excellent. The Biftecca Dolcelatte was of a similar high standard in terms of presentation and culinary skill - the chef is a master of sauces and is to be congratulated. However, the dish was let down by the inferior quality of the sirloin used, it being tough meat overall with a lot or gristle. It was a shame, because in all other respects this was a good meal. Perhaps the management should look to their supplier. Thanks for the service - it was of a good standard.

1  Thank dickparris
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My fiancée and I have been going to Julio's regularly for about the last 3 years. With a fairly good choice of Italian restaurants within easy driving distance of Halifax, we still find ourselves always choosing to go back to Julio's.

Having become regulars we have tried most things on the menu, and I can honestly say that we have never ever been disappointed. The specials board is always worth a good look before you see the main menu as well. If you're on a budget, don't be afraid to go for the Earlybird menu.....still a fantastic amount of choice available!

Julio and his staff have to be some of the friendliest people I've met, and the service is always amazing!

The quality of the food never varies....it's always top notch!

My personal recommendation would have to be the Filetto Rossini. I've had this in quite a few Italian restaurants, but Julio's tops the lot!

Bravo Julio, your restaurant is definitely our favourite! Excellent value for money as well!

2  Thank HXMuso