“Without doubt the finest in Halifax if not West Yorkshire.”

Julio's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 297 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Child friendly, Group party,Welcome.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Without doubt the finest in Halifax if not West Yorkshire.”
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I Can honestly say my wife and I have eaten many many times at Julio’s in Halifax we have even had large family parties and Christmas parties there over the past few years and on every occasion both the food and service have been fantastic. If you haven’t already experienced Julio’s do yourself a favour and add it to your New Years resolution list to visit soon you wont be disappointed.

2 Thank soscom

Bradford
“Julio's - where are the people of Halifax you're missing a treat!!”
Reviewed 22 October 2010

My wife and daughters visited yesterday evening. I knew the place itself from years back when it used to be a bar. Upon entry (at 18:00) it was quiet with only one table taken but others having a drink at the bar. The initial thought was the place needs bringing up to date quite a bit re: the decor but part of me likes an old style Italian.

Anyway, we quickly ordered some drinks and were shown the menus. Front of house was perfect, not pushy and very polite and he explained what the specials were that evening. We ordered our food a few minutes later and were then shown to a nice large table. This was a good thing especially as my kids (8 and 4yrs old) bring half their bedrooms with them so they had plenty of space.

Food - lovely homemade bread arrived closely followed by my stuffed pepper starter, pate for my wife and small pizza's (still big) for the kids. All superb and extremely fresh, the filling for my pepper was seasoned very well and a delight to eat.

Main courses ordered were Fillet Rossini for me and a pizza for my wife. The fillet was well priced at £16.50 but when it turned up...WOW. The steak was 1.5" thick and huge with a lovely pate on top and a mushroom sauce. It was cooked to medium-rare perfection and simply superb. I had to have a rest towards the end before finishing the thing off. Fantastic and compliments past on to the chef. I reckon that's the best fillet steak in terms of quality and price I've ever had in a restaurant. Bravo Julio's!!!

The one minor, minor letdown was the dish of vegatables which were simple cooked potatoes, carrots etc which looked a bit sad. I was surprised by this as the salad with my wife's pate was excellent. Perhaps just some nice sauteed potatoes and green beans for the steak would be better and in fact cheaper fo the chef to prepare?

The kids had a share of some chocolate fudge cake to finish but I couldn't manage anything. The bill came to £67 which included a bottle of Prosecco. Superb value as the kids ate for £12 in total which is quite amazing!!

We shared the place with only 4 other tables in the end so all I can say is get down there and support a proper authentic Italian restaurant right on your doorstep!

3 Thank Sheardy_1969
Halifax
“ONE OF OUR FAVOURITE ITALIAN RESTAURANTS IN WEST YORKSHIRE”
Reviewed 11 September 2010

We have been going to Julios now for several months, and rank it right up there as one of our favourite restaurants in West Yorkshire. (and believe me, we have tried lots!) The food is simply fabulous with lots of choice (and the early bird is excellent value for money). You just feel that the staff really cant do enough for you, the service is excellent and if there's anything you want, they will provide it, nothing is too much trouble. Julio is a charming host and all the staff go that extra mile. Whether its a romantic dinner for 2 or a large party, you can't get much better than this restaurant. PS the warm home-made bread rolls brought to your table are simply heavenly (warning: you will eat so many of them there's a real danger you will be full before your meal arrives!!) Once you discover this lovely hidden gem in Halifax I bet you will be totally sold on it - as we are. Hope it continues to thrive and do well, it really deserves to !!

3 Thank philipivory
halifax
“lovely place great food”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Was my first time at Julio's as my sister recomended to us, We went to Julio's on friday 26th of march and it was my 40th birthday party. Everything was wonderfull. The service, the food, i still can't belive that all 32 people from our party got all served all at same time! every one was comenting how lovely and great the food was. Very impresive. would recomend this restaurant to anybody. Fantastic place.Thanks to all the staff at Julio's

3 Thank liane_fox
Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
“Consistently great food and service”
Reviewed 13 March 2010

We have been regulars to Julio's for several years. The owner, Julio, is always front of house and really knows how to look after customers. Having eaten here numerous times and had nearly everything off the menu, we cannot fault it and never had a bad experience. The veal and steak dishes are great, and there's always fresh fish on the menu including fresh calamari (not the usual rubber stuff most places serve!). The daily early bird menu offers very good value if you want to sample the menu!

3 Thank SLordUK