“Excellent food, great family pub”

The Stump Cross Inn
Ranked #7 of 326 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I went to this pub on Saturday 7th June. I was accompanied by my dad, disabled uncle,my brother, husband and our two children who are 9 and 6. I was impressed with the portion sizes, the variety of meals available as my dad is a vegetarian and I was also delighted to see that the children were served first bedore the adults. The food was presented lovely when it came out and was beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and they weren't hurrying us out of the door when we had finished.

1  Thank lmattimore

Reviewed 30 May 2014

we live local and visit the stumo cross inn on a regular basis, its got a lovely ambience, we always get a very warm reception from the owner and all the staff.
the prices are competitive and the portions are very generous, we always have a bottle of our favourite wine (malbec - septimo)
we eat out on a regular basis all over west yorks and always go back here specially on a friday night after a long week at work it really helps to unwind.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Halifax and were recommended this pub for lunch. We were not disappointed. The beer was excellent, the staff friendly and welcoming, and the food first class, with huge choice from the extensive menu. Would definitely visit here again when in Halifax!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The owners of the B & B we were staying at in Stump Cross recommended the Inn and we were not disappointed. I had the fish and chips (the fish was enormous, the biggest I've ever seen) and the Senior Partner ordered the Carvery. We both enjoyed our meals very much and look forward to going back again if we're ever in the area.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The food in this establishment is consistent if you have any allergies the chef will do his best to cater for you .My wife is coeliac and can always find something to eat or chef will alter a sauce .The meals are cooked to perfection and pleasant surroundings well done staff