“Glad we" Cross"ed paths :)”

The Stump Cross Inn
Ranked #12 of 297 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: British, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Huddersfield, UK
“Glad we" Cross"ed paths :)”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely carvery after a hard walk at nearby Hardcastle Crags. I had the Roast beef sarnie with roasties which I thought was a bargain, plenty of it for the £4.99 price and I loved that I could have my fave part of a carvery lunch - the roasties!! - with my sandwich. My companion had herself a regualr carvery and enjoyed it. There's lots of it though so don't be afraid to go for the "small" option which basically gets you one of the usual three meat choices and a smaller plate - it's serve yourself for veg and spuds so don't worry you'll be getting a kiddy sized meal. We sat outside in the sun with a cold Coors light and Diet Coke (driving - grr) and had a lovely afternoon. Thankyou.

• Visited June 2014

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great family pub”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I went to this pub on Saturday 7th June. I was accompanied by my dad, disabled uncle,my brother, husband and our two children who are 9 and 6. I was impressed with the portion sizes, the variety of meals available as my dad is a vegetarian and I was also delighted to see that the children were served first bedore the adults. The food was presented lovely when it came out and was beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, and they weren't hurrying us out of the door when we had finished.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lmattimore
Halifax, United Kingdom
“lovely place to eat and drink”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we live local and visit the stumo cross inn on a regular basis, its got a lovely ambience, we always get a very warm reception from the owner and all the staff.
the prices are competitive and the portions are very generous, we always have a bottle of our favourite wine (malbec - septimo)
we eat out on a regular basis all over west yorks and always go back here specially on a friday night after a long week at work it really helps to unwind.

• Visited April 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and beer”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Halifax and were recommended this pub for lunch. We were not disappointed. The beer was excellent, the staff friendly and welcoming, and the food first class, with huge choice from the extensive menu. Would definitely visit here again when in Halifax!

Visited May 2014
France
“Great pub, excellent food.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The owners of the B & B we were staying at in Stump Cross recommended the Inn and we were not disappointed. I had the fish and chips (the fish was enormous, the biggest I've ever seen) and the Senior Partner ordered the Carvery. We both enjoyed our meals very much and look forward to going back again if we're ever in the area.

• Visited May 2014