Crossroads Inn
US$152
US$53
US$95
US$84
The Imperial Crown Hotel(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$55
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$88
PremierInn.com
All reviewslarge portionsthe pubtimothy taylorsdog treatsvaried menuvisited for sunday lunchchocolate barkids loved it toohardcastle cragsfood beautifully cookeddaily specials boardkids mealsscampihebden bridgewhirlpool bathbiscuitsfresh local produce
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed one night as planned. The weather was appalling but the greeting was very warm and personable. Pete & Jayne made us feel right at home. As the weather was so bad we decided not to go out to eat in the evening but stayed put - a good decision as the food was terrific. The rooms may be quite small, but they are very well appointed (some beautiful local prints) and the place was immaculately clean throughout. The bar and restaurant staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Agree with Carolyne D's comments wholheartedly. We both loved the place and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillI218
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Called in for a quick pint on my way to Halifax. Had heard that it was under new management which I can confirm and that the new guys have been in for a few months! The beer was fantastic and the service welcomingly warm! Wish I'd had time to stay for lunch the food coming out of the kitchen looked and smelled amazing! Will definitely be back to check this place out soon. A huge improvement over the last tenants! more over the view of the local countryside was just breathtaking! A lovely sunny friday afternoon enjoyed! Thanks!

Have put a 5 stay rating for rooms even though I didn't stay because the app won't let me enter my review without completing that section but if they are like the rest of the business I'm sure they deserve it.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Ndmb
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This calm, peaceful, little jewel can be found, surrounded by beautiful views. When I arrivied after a long journey, I was greeted by Jayne, offered a drink and this brought to my table. I then ordered a simple salad which was not on the menu, very accommodating and really delicious.
My room was bright and airy, fresh and very clean with a good size en-suite. The bed was really comfortable with big luxury feather duvets and pillows (hollow-fibre duvets and pillows on request).
Breakfast was an amazing selection and hot food cooked to order. The evening meal menu was a lovely selection of yummy eats and it had a well stocked bar.
This is probably the most welcoming and relaxing pIace I have ever visited. Well done to Pete and Jayne.

Room Tip: If you are a very light sleeper, room 4 has the hot water tank above it. This only effects you if the next door room has baths in the early hours.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyne D
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We don't go out of our way to find fault in local pubs but from the minute we walked in there was an unwelcoming atmosphere! It is apparently under new ownership now (we visited 8th April 2012) however there is a distinct lack of charm and warmth or any real enthusiasm you would expect when looking for an evening out and a meal especially from new owners looking for new custom.

We were hoping as locals to find a good place for a good meal on our doorstep but I guess the owners may have been in the trade far too long and after making us feel rushed (only one other table in) and giving us the impression that we were a minor inconvenience even being there, 'The Crossroads' is now well off our radar.

Food mediocre, price reasonable for mediocre food, young waiting staff OK, managerial staff with no red apron behind bar... awful!

It seems a shame that with so many pubs closing that people still can't get the basics right. A smile costs nothing!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HXWanderer
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Contrary to the poor review I have just read from a disgruntled customer who visited in January 2012. I went with family (my partner, my father, his wife and his sister) to the Cross Roads, Wainstalls on Monday 6th February 2012.
We chose from the early bird menu and we were all very satisfied with the food, drinks and service. We thought it was very good quality and value, with great service and ambiance.
I don't agree with the negative reviewer and suggest that anyone reading this review visit the Cross Roads themselves, where I expect them to enjoy and excellent meal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family