“excellent value , great location”
Review of Crossroads Inn

Crossroads Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Halifax B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we recently attended a party in nearby Hebden Bridge and stayed one night at Crossroads. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming; the room was lovely with water and even a bar of chocolate provided. Fresh milk was also available and the decor was modern, fresh, clean, comfortable and inviting.

The breakfast was superb- freshly cooked to order and excellent quality

I would definitely stay again and great value for money

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Great food, great service. Manager real credit to the place. Knowledgeable, friendly and efficient as well as attentive. Ambiance lovely. Pork outdoor bred/reared and chicken and eggs free range. Glad we tried it.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jayne B, Owner at Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for your fabulous review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed two nights in a lovely, spotless room. Very cosy, with wonderful views of the moors. The food was wonderful--plenty of it as well! And the prices for room, food, and drink are such great value, especially considering the quality and welcome--a marvel when you think of what a getaway would cost at a similar establishment in Bath or elsewhere. Plus, we loved Hebden Bridge village, Heptonstal and the local walking, and this is a great base for all of that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jayne B, Owner at Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

The website quotes local produce but the food provided is of very poor quality. We had the vegitarian meals which was a vegitarian burger and mushroom lasagne. The cheese on both meals was the pre-grated catering pack, very cheep, very oily and disgusting. The burger was very poor quality but was charged just under £10! The lasagne was made up of 'button' mushrooms and more of the cheep pre-grated cheese, again priced just under £10.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jayne B, Owner at Crossroads Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

We are disappointed when a guest has not enjoyed there experience with us and we will always look into the issues raised.

We use locally produced goods and local suppliers as much as possible, for example our free range hen and duck eggs come within two miles of the business and our Meat and milk within 3 miles and we most definately use an amazing local cheese business who most certainly would not supply cheap and nasty grated cheese The quality of the products we use are important to us, as are the miles the food has travelled and we try as much as possible to support local to keep the economy thriving. We endeavour to source local products within a 5 mile radius and any statement on our menu or web site reflects that.

The Customer always comes first here, so how disappointing that you didn't raise these issues
when you were here and give us the chance to put things right for you. We have been in the industry a long time and are committed to customer service we know that it's impossible to please everyone all the time but that won't stop us trying!!!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I went to Halifax west Yorkshire to go to a shop to look at log burning stoves, we had to stay overnight locally as the roads were so busy on Good Friday and we did not get there till late afternoon . we looked on Trip Advisor on our mobile and looked for a pub with accommodation near Halifax, the Crossroads inn had very good feedback on trip Advisor so we went there and stayed the night. When we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful, and we put our suitcases upstairs and came straight back down and had a great time chatting to the locals who made us very very welcome, we had dinner in their restaurant and stayed in the bar afterwards as it was so friendly. When we went down for breakfast the following morning I had melon to start followed by some smoked salmon then we both had the nicest cooked full english breakfast for a very long time . Although this pub is on its own just outside the town I would recommend this place to visit as the husband and wife owners made our time there very special and the pub has wonderful views from the bedrooms. Thankyou to the Crossroads Inn for a wonderful stay and thankyou to Facebook for your website giving us the information to find these very nice places.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobbuddMiddlesex
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at the Crossroads twice now and equally impressed on both occasions. As someone who travels frequently at work I have stayed in a variety of different bland chain hotels over the years which can become very monotonous indeed. In the last year or so I have started branching out and looking for smaller hotels etc to stay in. By luck I happened across the Crossroads whilst trying to make a last minute hotel reservation in or near Halifax, what a find!
The welcome is warm (and refreshingly sincere), the rooms are modern, comfortable, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and well appointed with lots of thoughtful little touches which were over and above my expectation on booking. Also wifi throughout handy if you need it for work. I have enjoyed a very good nights sleep on both my visits.
On both occasions I have arrived late in the evening after a long drive and as soon as you close the door behind you as you come into the bar you can start to unwind. Nothing is a problem for the fantastic husband and wife team who run the place. When was the last time you were shown to your room in a hotel? The bar area is a pleasant place to grab a beer and a read of the paper in front of the fire, again spotlessly clean and traditional yet modern feel.
Now my one recommendation is don't eat before you arrive, miss lunch and save yourself for The menu at the Crossroads. The specials board is extensive, varied and interesting. I turned up on a curry night and it was fantastic, home made from scratch and served with all the trimmings at a very reasonable price -so good in fact that I would have happily paid more? The portion was hearty to say the least and I couldn't finish it. The service was great as well, a chirpy,chatty waitress served the food up and had a quick chat, looks like Peter and Jayne make sure everyone who works there knows how to make people feel at home.
each time I have stayed I have been asked the night before when I'd like breakfast (which is excellent) and if you are going cooked is freshly prepared to order and of a very high quality.
So hopefully you'll understand now why I compare the Crossroads to a well loved pair of slippers, homely! relaxing! welcoming and comfortable.
I'm glad I happened across the crossroads, as it is now my first option if I need to be in Halifax.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Miniredcooper
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I visited the Crossroads Inn with my wife and two close friends who are local to the area. The location and setting of this Inn is nothing short of magnificent, on entering you are greeted by the warmth and ambience created by the always present Landlord and Landlady -Jane and Peter, who are supported by very inviting and friendly bar staff. The decor and layout inside is immaculate and spacious whilst retaining an intemacy of an old world Inn. The menu looked inviting, and we chose from the monday special menu, our choices proved to be perfect, such dishes of mention, the chef's (Peter) own white onion, cider and thyme soup- a marriage made in heaven, crayfish rose marie with salad, followed by mains such as salmon goujons, roast pork dinner all presented beautifully and were delicious, a gastronomic delight. The landlord and landlady and staff ever present but not intrusive making sure everything was to our liking and satisfaction. It was- and in all the years I have submitted reviews this one scored tens allround, one of the best meals in a country inn we have had, I recommend this Inn most highly to anyone who wants excellent cuisine, great hospitality and that feeling one gets after a superb allround evening out, a rare find thesedays.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends