“Perfect food for the occasion!”
Review of Le Metropolitain - CLOSED

Le Metropolitain
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was invited to a literary lunch in the salon upstairs adjoining the main restaurant and went somewhat reluctantly as the food at this sort of event is usually terrible, until now!! Who knew that "en masse" doesn't have to mean rubber chicken and soggy veg?? This is the first time I've not gone home hungry!!! Great soup followed by wonderfully cooked roast beef and yorkshire pudding!! Can't wait for the next event. Oh! and by the way the speakers, husband and wife team Bob and Carol Bridgestock were thoroughly entertaining. Nice to do something a little different on a cold autumn afternoon.

1  Thank LeedsBaglady

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Been to this establishment twice now, the first time we got given the wrong order, when we finally got our order (steak) it was not cooked to how we requested. The second visit, we always like to give something a second chance, was equally disappointing.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have to be careful what I eat when I dine out here, I have had both good and bad experiences. The best meals have tended to be sandwiches and eggs florentine. Unfortunately other meals such as seafood linguine or crab linguine have been awful.

I did have a salad there in summer and could not wait to get home to eat more as I was still hungry. The chefs excel at some dishes and fail miserably at others.

This is also a very meat eater friendly restaurant so veggies will struggle somewhat.

Had the cheese and biscuits there too, not impressed.

Not a place I feel drawn to.

The interior I must add, is gorgeous. Very art deco in orange and black with leopard print couches and stools. The price of the food reflects what they have spent on the interior.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Went at lunchtime for a deal of 2 courses for £9.95, you can get the same deal later for £11.95. There was a good choice for each course and there were some good fish dishes . The food was really good quality, made from fresh ingredients and full of flavour. Good helpings too ! You pay extra if you have room for another course. Only downer was slow service but probably because everything is cooked fresh not microwaved.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I ate here with friends who were visiting at the weekend. The food was generally good, although the hot roast beef in the sandwich was actually cold. Unfortunately the service was very poor. We waited 45 minutes for cold sandwiches with chips. One of my visiting friends complained about the exceptionally long time we had to wait (with no explanation or apology), only to be met with what can best be described as a 'GALLIC SHRUG' from one of the owners.

When offered the bill we were brusquely told that we had only been charged for the drinks. There was still no explanation or apology. We did not complain about the service with the intention of getting a free meal but as the owner did not seem willing to discuss the matter we paid the bill and left. We did however leave a tip as the rest of the waiting staff were ok.

What a led-down !