“Very very poor”

Le Metropolitain
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This place has gone WAY down in my books, the food came out cold amd not very well presented. The menu was printed on paper, was all crumpled up and what was on it was no better than what you get at weather spoons. What I can only assume was the head chef would not shut up making stupid noises and shouting at the staff, he seemed incapable of ensuring the staff knew what they was doing which in turn showed in the presentation and also the taste of the food. He also seemed to be more interested in what I can only guess was a tablet that was on the pass.
I am very disappointed as I have been eating here since it opened!! I have never really had a problem except with the stairs when leaving after a few drinks but these past couple of visits have been abysmal. I really do hope you find your way again and improve the standard of food you are serving however, you will not be seeing me again.

1  Thank Stevie9822
There are newer reviews for Le Metropolitain

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Been to the metropolitan a few times now with friends and family and the menu has a great choice - especially the special price menu where you can get two courses for £13.99 etc.
The service is always friendly and lovely and very relaxing.
My only recommendation is the spread used with the cheese platter dessert. The cheese selection was fabulous but marred slightly with the spread - please can you provide butter - there is nothing else like it and anything else just spoils what is a great dessert choice otherwise.

1  Thank ScooterJuly
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Group of friends went to Le Metro on Friday evening, menu was not good more like a pub food menu. Then a few things not available ie liver and calamari so why were they still listed on the photocopied menu sheet !
Wrong order delivered for one starter, French onion soup like dish water. The main of salmon Niçoise salad came without olives, these were delivered when this was pointed out. To cap it all one of our waitress could not raise a polite smile so to say we won't be returning is true. I have dined here few time before but it has definitely gone down in our (6 of us ) estimations. What a shame as Halifax town centre lacks good eateries.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The venue is lovely, great to sit outside and enjoy a nice bottle of wine, not over priced.
Booked for 8oclock on sat we did not get our food till 8.30, a few things on the menue had already been sold out, so we decide to have a steak the Rump had all gone had a sirlion a bit tuff and not much taste. We decided to eat it as we were very hungry, the waitress ask if our meals were alright and we told her they were a bit tuff, she said would tell the chef. It would have been nice if they would have offered us our coffee for free as a good will gesture.
Looking at some of the other reviews it looks like we have been unlucky.

1  Thank eliz a
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of my all time favourite places to eat and drink.

On a sunny day it's perfect to be sat outside with a drink but when the weather takes a turn the interior decor is beautiful and I've enjoyed many a meal here.

Food and service are excellent!

3  Thank AJ002