Firstly can I say how stunning the grounds look all year round but even in Winter! We arrived at Holdsworth House our first venue visit for potential wedding venues and it was our last as we instantly fell in love with the house, it was everything we dreamed of and more! And the icing on the cake was that they offered great value for money winter wedding packages which was perfect for us. Claire the wedding co-ordinator was great whenever we had a query she replied pronto and helped with all our last minute details and changes!
We married at our local church and travelled to Holdsworth House for our reception. the staff were fantastic and really looked after us, it was our special day and our toast master Tracey was absolutely brilliant she really did look after us on the day. We had forgotten to ask about dietary requirements in all the excitement and at the last minute the Chef whipped up two vegetarian meals. The food was superb,I would even say the best I have ever had! The stuart room was gorgeously set out and they had left the Christmas decorations up so it looked so cosy!
All our family and friends felt so welcomed and relaxed in the hotel and so many who stayed commented on how good a nights sleep they had. The beds were so comfortable that it was very hard to get out of bed. The bridal suite was beautiful!
We lost day light fast on the day and the hotel allowed us to go back and have some more pictures taken in the grounds.
All in all a superb family run hotel which offers great value, a superb location, great friendly staff, and the chance to make some of the most precious memories in your life. I would like to think that Holdsworth House is now somewhere we will continue to visit and on special occasions stay.
I would recommend this hotel for weddings, meals or to stay, you are guaranteed a special experience!
Sarah & John
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halifax's only four-star hotel is now listed in the 2013 Michelin Guide along with the country's elite hotels & restaurants. Holdsworth House is a beautiful Jacobean manor built in 1633, which has been owned and run by the Pearson family for 50 years. The manor stands in stunning, secluded gardens and is just three miles north of Halifax. It feels a world apart from the bustle of everyday life and is a perfect choice for accommodation, weddings and conferences. In this beautiful old house you'll find open fires, cosy lounges, fine antiques and tapestries that create a sense of history and comfort. The 39 charming bedrooms are all ensuite and have all been individually furnished. Dinner is served by candlelight in the 17th Century, oak-paneled 2 AA Rosette-winning restaurant whilst the Long Bar has a simpler brasserie style menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holdsworth House Hotel And Restaurant
- Holdsworth Hotel Halifax
- Holdsworth House Hotel & Restaurant Halifax, West Yorkshire